Purdue refs | Syracusefan.com

Purdue refs

Saw this post and chuckled. Not sure this guy watched the same game I did.
I mean he’s right, the refs gave Syracuse the game - but only because Purdue allowed them to as they committed 2 personal fouls and 2 (one uncalled) pass interferences. It’s not like this is basketball and they got a bad blocking call in a tied game with no time left, they did all of it to themselves

I was listening to one of the national shows a day or two ago and they were talking about how the TE from Purdue could have been flagged about 3-4 times before he was, and the refs actually showed all the restraint they could before throwing the flag.

I was listening to one of the national shows a day or two ago and they were talking about how the TE from Purdue could have been flagged about 3-4 times before he was, and the refs actually showed all the restraint they could before throwing the flag.

Yeah earlier in the game too

Yup. Spatola on ACC Today went through the whole thing minute by minute. He said it was 100% the right call by the refs. He said Durham was acting like an arse ALL GAME. and the refs finally had enough.

He was warned after his TD to zip it. And 1 minute later he's jawing again.

Yup. Spatola on ACC Today went through the whole thing minute by minute. He said it was 100% the right call by the refs. He said Durham was acting like an arse ALL GAME. and the refs finally had enough.

He was warned after his TD to zip it. And 1 minute later he's jawing again.
Watch him taunting the crowd after his TD. I'm sure they warned him that he was on thin ice. Then the next play he couldn't just run off the field, he's a punk.

There have been several games in the past where I believed SU lost the game due to poor (or biased) officiating. I bitched. Not one of those games ever got reversed.

Obviously the B1G refs were not biased toward SU. Not saying they were biased toward PU either. So all that’s left is “poor” officiating - in which case both teams had the same risk of a botched call all game. Or, the calls were correct.

There were atrocious calls against Syracuse in the game to. The Del Rio Wilson pass for example was NOT over the line of scrimmage AND the Purdue side line catch was a non catch …they didn’t review either call.

The refs were bad for both teams. Some head shakers on both sides for sure.

One play I thought was weird was the opening series/drive for Purdue. They had a 3rd and 1, and the running play was real close to the first down line. The sideline ref immediately just started signaling first down which I thought was weird especially since it was inches close. In the past they would normally just spot the ball and then decide if a measurement is needed but they just immediately called it a first before spotting it.

Is that something new in CFB this year? Are they trying to avoid measurements? Or was he just a ref with a bad angle that flipped a coin in his head?

As a Giants fan I used to cringe whenever Shockey made a big play, because I feared he’d get up and do something stupid to get a 15 yarder after the play.

Dumb move by 87 - but it appears that’s the game he plays. He knew the risk and either didn’t care or couldn’t help himself. His problem.

The PI was an obvious penalty.

The one we don’t know about is the one on the coach.

As to overall favorable calls/no calls Purdue ended up ahead. We need our WRs to start creating (see pushing off) separation like Jones did on a couple of his catches. They very rarely call it so why not do it? Alford should be initiating contact every non go route like Steve Ishmael used to.

There were atrocious calls against Syracuse in the game to. The Del Rio Wilson pass for example was NOT over the line of scrimmage AND the Purdue side line catch was a non catch …they didn’t review either call.

So funny you mention this. I watched it again last night and his whole body was absolutely not over the LOS. Then the announcers were saying he was over midfield...

As to overall favorable calls/no calls Purdue ended up ahead. We need our WRs to start creating (see pushing off) separation like Jones did on a couple of his catches. They very rarely call it so why not do it? Alford should be initiating contact every non go route like Steve Ishmael used to.

Not to mention on the early TD run there was a hold that opened the primary hole for the TD. It wasn't egregious, however it was key to the runner advancing and that has been what seems to be the one constant in how they have been applying the rule for years (on running plays).

Trying to reason with the subset of fans that think that game was "stolen" is like talking to a wall. There are no other possibilities.
Present company excepted, of course.

I'd like another crack at those idiots with a full and healthy roster so we can truly kick their ass again. Knowing the team had an illness running through it explains the slow start ... and I'm willing to bet a few boys on the roster would like to kick them in the d1ck$ again.

So funny you mention this. I watched it again last night and his whole body was absolutely not over the LOS. Then the announcers were saying he was over midfield...
Agreed but there was another flag on the play (offensive holding), so despite the FACT that it was not an illegal pass, we would have been in a 3rd and 25+ situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom