Purdue Tailgate/Tix: September 16th @ 7:30 pm | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Tailgate/Tix: September 16th @ 7:30 pm

Are you coming to our the tailgate?
I will and will bring some dessert items from Ferrara Bakery in Chicago on way through. I can also pick up any soda’s or other beverages needed if wanted and can flip in some $$.

I will be driving in from Chicago. Coming in a manager’s choice rental car, no idea how big it is, but I can bring some stuff. I should be able to find a place to get some tailgate supplies and can get to the tailgate relatively early. Let me know what would be best to bring, when you need it and I will make it happen.

I am parking in the CC lot, so I will probably drop the stuff off first, drop off the car and walk back.

I will be driving in from Chicago. Coming in a manager’s choice rental car, no idea how big it is, but I can bring some stuff. I should be able to find a place to get some tailgate supplies and can get to the tailgate relatively early. Let me know what would be best to bring, when you need it and I will make it happen.

I am parking in the CC lot, so I will probably drop the stuff off first, drop off the car and walk back.
I might of taken you up on your offer, but I'd rather you make it to the tailgate and not have to worry about dropping stuff off, then driving to the CC lot, and walking/shuttling back.

From my understanding, the CC lot is 1.2 miles from the stadium, and about 1.8 miles from the IM lot. I don't think the walk takes you through campus, but I'll have a better idea on Friday. There are shuttles available, but not certain what time they start to run.

IMG_3991.png

Is there an address for IM parking lot ?
The map on page 1 shows 3 IM lots, separated by soccer fields apparently, on the corner of Stadium Ave and McCormick Rd.

Also this link:

map.PNG

Last edited:
The map on page 1 shows 3 IM lots, separated by soccer fields apparently, on the corner of Stadium Ave and McCormick Rd.

Also this link:

View attachment 231152

From what we have been told, the IM lots are all one giant grassy lot/field.

It is their Intramural fields and they sell the space for parking for football.

We have someone going to Purdue today to scope the situation out and get a better idea to be prepared for tomorrow

From what we have been told, the IM lots are all one giant grassy lot/field.

It is their Intramural fields and they sell the space for parking for football.

We have someone going to Purdue today to scope the situation out and get a better idea to be prepared for tomorrow
Good lord. There’s are upper, middle and lower IM lots

Good lord. There’s are upper, middle and lower IM lots
I will be at the game and have tickets w the alumni group from Chicago, which are mainly in sect. 110. Looking to meet up w orange fans for tailgate. I live north of indy about 30 mins from purdue so will drive in tomorrow, but can bring last minute items if needed. Is tailgate open for 2 more to join/pay?

I will be at the game and have tickets w the alumni group from Chicago, which are mainly in sect. 110. Looking to meet up w orange fans for tailgate. I live north of indy about 30 mins from purdue so will drive in tomorrow, but can bring last minute items if needed. Is tailgate open for 2 more to join/pay?
I am not one of the organizers, but usually not a problem to accomodate a couple additional payees for the tailgate. The organizers are likely all on the road right now.

Not a problem. It would be very difficult for you to bring anything unless you are parking in the IM lot, which to my knowledge is sold out.

IMG_4926.jpeg

This is the IM lot. Maps show 3 separate lots, but in reality it is one great big open grassy field. The “3-IM lots” are small gravel parking areas where students can park when the intramural soccer fields are being used.

It is my understanding there are 3-entrances to the IM lot, which correspond to where you see the IM on the map provided earlier in this thread. I’m not sure how the attendants allow you to park. I’m hoping to get:
1) a shaded spot
2) within 400 feet of the porta potties.

I will not be able to say exactly where our tailgate will be until we actually get in the lot. We will have 2-Orange canopies as well as the Syracruz banner. I will post our location tomorrow around 1pm.

The game is sold out, & I’ve been told to expect heavy traffic as it is “family weekend”. There was also construction on I-65 coming from Indianapolis. If you are parking in another lot (many are coming from the CC lot), there is a shuttle to the IM lot, but I don’t know when it starts running or the frequency. You can walk from the CC lot to the IM lot, but it is long (1.8 miles I was told), and the most direct path does not take you through campus.

FYI: Purdue is a cashless stadium for concessions & merchandise, so if you want anything, be sure to bring your credit card. Clear bag policy is in effect.

Hope this help, and looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Go SU!!!

Obie9

To try and get as many people together as possible we will meeting at 10:30 this morning at a nearby McDonald’s. That way we can get as many people together as possible and be all parked next to each other to allow for a large tailgate area.

The address of the McDonald’s is…

4200 South Street
Lafayette, IN

I expect that we will be leaving shortly after 10:30. We will be out of the parking lot by 10:40 so please if you plan to meet us there and have an IM lot parking pass arrive early.

Can’t wait see y’all soon!!

If anyone has a ROKU remote or can stop and get one, greatly appreciated

IMG_4661.jpeg

Okay , If you are looking at the map, we are set up in the upper left side of the IM lot. We are the third row and have the only orange canopies that are up.

Last edited:
Awesome time on Saturday! Thank you to everyone who made the event possible!

Food was great as always, loved seeing Enriques brothers team there and creating younger Cuse fans!

The icing on the cake was the Big10 road win!

Awesome time on Saturday! Thank you to everyone who made the event possible!

Food was great as always, loved seeing Enriques brothers team there and creating younger Cuse fans!

The icing on the cake was the Big10 road win!
I and my son want to add our congrats on running a fantastic tailgate. Well run, great food and great people. Thanks Obie, Heeter, Consiglierre, and all their helpers. It took a small army to get it done I am sure.

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. Very well done. Everyone involved gets one gold star.

The Purdue students next to us were even pretty cordial. Which has to be hard wearing that those gold and black striped overalls...

Just wanted to thank everybody involved in setting up the tailgate party. My wife and I had an AWESOME time. Thanks again
JB- it was a pleasure meeting you and talking Cuse sports with you and your wife. Go Orange!

Florange44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom