Pushback vs NCAA from African recruits. | Syracusefan.com

Pushback vs NCAA from African recruits.

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
Diallo at Kansas. KU says they have spent 6 figures making the case he should be eligible.

The 7'6 kid at UCF threatening to sue, and allowed to play.

I wonder, if Diagne had not been out of the country, needing to somehow obtain a student visa to get back to the States--maybe he, his US family and SU could have prevailed.

(Total speculation, and maybe way off base.)

Diallo at Kansas. KU says they have spent 6 figures making the case he should be eligible.

The 7'6 kid at UCF threatening to sue, and allowed to play.

I wonder, if Diagne had not been out of the country, needing to somehow obtain a student visa to get back to the States--maybe he, his US family and SU could have prevailed.

(Total speculation, and maybe way off base.)

I believe he is in the States playing JUCO.

I believe he is in the States playing JUCO.

I think OP was saying it would have been easier to fight for his eligibility if Diagne was stateside during the process, not stateside now.

The idea that standard high school courses are in anyway preparation for college is a silly notion to begin with, so the fact that African players are being denied eligibility because their African high school courses (or prep school) courses somehow don't meet this made-up standard is ridiculous.

I think OP was saying it would have been easier to fight for his eligibility if Diagne was stateside during the process, not stateside now.

The idea that standard high school courses are in anyway preparation for college is a silly notion to begin with, so the fact that African players are being denied eligibility because their African high school courses (or prep school) courses somehow don't meet this made-up standard is ridiculous.

I actually don't think that is the reason they are being denied eligibility. The real reason is even dumber. Something about the core courses required to qualify were taken over a five year period, rather than 4.

Posted it in another thread.
Senegal where Diagne went to highschool ranked like 142 of 180 countries in the world academically. The US has to be in the top 10.
The average mean years of schooling there is 4.5 years.
Do they even have grade levels that count up to 8 or 9 over there, seriously? Do they actually get grades and report cards or no evidence?

For a kid who did just fine in prepschool academically makes no sense at all.
If they are ruled inelgible do it their jr year of highschool and do all coaches and fans a favor.
Nowadays fans like ours are still talking about it daily for hours.

Last edited:
Posted it in another thread.
Senegal where Diagne went to highschool ranked like 142 of 180 countries in the world academically. The US has to be in the top 10.
The average mean years of schooling there was 4.5 years.
Do they have have grade levels that count up to 8 or 9 over there, seriously? Do they actually get grades and report cards or no?

For a kid who did just fine in prepschool academically makes no sense at all.
If they are ruled inelgible do it their jr year of highschool and do all coaches a favor.

it doesn't make sense.

NCAA just doing their part to keep these kids from getting a college education. Nothing to see here.

longtimefan said:
Diallo at Kansas. KU says they have spent 6 figures making the case he should be eligible. The 7'6 kid at UCF threatening to sue, and allowed to play. I wonder, if Diagne had not been out of the country, needing to somehow obtain a student visa to get back to the States--maybe he, his US family and SU could have prevailed. (Total speculation, and maybe way off base.)

Wouldn't have happened. Wouldn't have been a law suit either.

Wouldn't have happened. Wouldn't have been a law suit either.
Are you saying his case was so weak that he had no chance of changing the decision?

If so, why did anyone even recruit him?

longtimefan said:
Are you saying his case was so weak that he had no chance of changing the decision? If so, why did anyone even recruit him?

Correct. There was no case.

Dickie V said it today. "The NCAA should helping kids, not hurting them." YES.
I was actually quite pleased to hear him doing the Duke Georgetown game. I don't know if I'm mellowing with age or what, but he even acknowledged a few times Duke got the benefit of a bad call. That never seemed to happen before.

Then why did SU, and all the others, recruit him?

Obviously whatever Bees believes is so black and white today, either wasn't known then or wasn't black and white then. Could be a lot of reasons for that; like, (i) Diagne's camp misrepresented something or (ii) nothing was misrepresented, but no one thought to ask a particular relevant question before and now that the question has been asked and the information is known it yields a different result than what was previously assumed.

Obviously whatever Bees believes is so black and white today, either wasn't known then or wasn't black and white then. Could be a lot of reasons for that; like, (i) Diagne's camp misrepresented something or (ii) nothing was misrepresented, but no one thought to ask a particular relevant question before and now that the question has been asked and the information is known it yields a different result than what was previously assumed.
Re: (ii): D-I recruiters are not innocents. They would have asked all the questions.