Class of 2024 - QB Alex Erby (PA) Visiting | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Alex Erby (PA) Visiting

Some other interesting nuggets are they will both be visiting Penn State on Friday.
Alex is a southpaw QB as you can see from his highlights.
Their dad also name Andrew Erby, is apparently the head coach of their high school team (Steelton-Highspire) in Harrisburg .

The brothers are identical twins per their dad's twitter page. Both are the same height but quite a weight difference there. :)

Sounds like our QB coach knows how to make QB recruits feel welcome and is maybe gifted at selling Syracuse. Perhaps we have a second Swag daddy getting things done for us now on the offense side of the ball. What is exciting about that is really good RBs, WRs and Oline love playing for really good QBs. This will be fun to watch.

Sounds like our QB coach knows how to make QB recruits feel welcome and is maybe gifted at selling Syracuse. Perhaps we have a second Swag daddy getting things done for us now on the offense side of the ball. What is exciting about that is really good RBs, WRs and Oline love playing for really good QBs. This will be fun to watch.
Things look good for recruiting in general right now. Sounds like all the kids really like our new director of high school relations, Khalil Ahmad. Hopefully all the high school coaches do as well. And with the new offensive coordinator and QB coach I feel like we have a lot to sell right now. The run game, the passing game, the defense looks good and is aggressive. It doesn't really seem their are any positions on the team that should be hard to recruit right now.

Steelton is a rough area
Kid looks to be a good one, hope we can close this deal

Steelton is a rough area
Kid looks to be a good one, hope we can close this deal
He's a 2024 and he hasn't been offered yet. I think some of these visits are about getting kids on campus to see what Syracuse has to offer.

He's a 2024 and he hasn't been offered yet. I think some of these visits are about getting kids on campus to see what Syracuse has to offer.
Ah yeah that makes sense, I'm loosing track of the years haha

Not a lot has been said about the Pennsylvania, Steelton – Highspire, H.S. twin brothers Alex and Andrew Erby following their visit, other than they were visiting the PSt campus the next day.

I’ve watched all their tape especially Alex’s. A 6’ 4” 205, talented, southpaw QB, he stays mostly in the pocket, utilizing good footwork when he throws, and when he throws he gets the ball out very quickly in a tight spiral.

His throws are accurate which is obvious when you look at his stats through his sophomore year 5,754 YDS, 74 TDS. He runs when he sees an opening or when his receivers are covered and has decent speed and high football IQ.

He and his brother have accrued offers from high major programs due to their perceived current and future talent. But, they can’t commit until the fall of this year.

I have a feeling that their father, who is the coach of their HS team, is having them make the rounds on unofficials to market themselves and see what’s out there, smart.

Jason Beck our QB position coach and coach for three active NFL quarterbacks as well as having a hand in the number two offense nationally this past season must have said something to Alex to have him utter the words, if sincere, or does he say this after every visit?

After the visit per Alex:

"A lot of words can be put into this but all I got to say is it is a really good future home for me and my brother," Erby said.

What do you think?

His brother, 6’ 4” 275 LB Andrew Erby, Jr.’s tape is also full of him in the opponents backfield sacking the QB or holding the RB to minus yards – plays both ways and stands up his opponent on offense out of the way of his RB or pancakes him.

Impressive, both but are they coming to SU?

How does he know which fans are from each fanbase?
This is part of society’s problem, everyone is worried about how many “followers” they have. It’s really sad what we’ve become

That's a pretty big generalization. And honestly, as someone who gets some "unusual" followers, I often feel less is more. ;)
That was a pretty big generalization because it seems to be everywhere, “follow me, follow me”, I guess I’m just being a grumpy old man lol. Alright, back to Erby, I know, I know

That was a pretty big generalization because it seems to be everywhere, “follow me, follow me”, I guess I’m just being a grumpy old man lol. Alright, back to Erby, I know, I know

No you aren't grumpy that is how the world is now ... love it or hate it people get a dopamine hit from followers and likes ... we are nothing more than consumptive cattle.

No you aren't grumpy that is how the world is now ... love it or hate it people get a dopamine hit from followers and likes ... we are nothing more than consumptive cattle.
So, you are telling us that we are nothing more than cattle with, (consumptive), a wasting disease, especially pulmonary tuberculosis. That's pretty awful, if that is what you are suggesting.

So, you are telling us that we are nothing more than cattle with, (consumptive), a wasting disease, especially pulmonary tuberculosis. That's pretty awful, if that is what you are suggesting.

A large part of the populous is ... for better or for worse. Look no further than behavior on social media and if you haven't read the impact social media has on society, then research the topic. If an article like the following doesn't make you twinge then I can't help you.

FOMO is a very real and powerful marketing tool and used for those that are consumptive.

Anyway back to Alex Erby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom