Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

✈️Alin Edouard #10✈️ @ALLEN_EDWARD2 · 56m
JUST FOUND OUT MY ROOMATE IS @stevenishmael .. TAJH BOYD AND SAMMY WATKINS ERA ...
270a.png
1f4af.png
1f3c8.png
.. #syracuse #acc #orange ..

I was watching highlights of his the other day and he drops 60-70 yard bombs with ease. Guy has a cannon. I'm excited for this guy to get on campus and develop some serious qb skills. Dark horse for star player of the class when all is said and done.

quarterbacks are ultimately what makes or breaks a program. overall we can have lower rated recruiting class vs schools at this time considered slightly ahead of Syracuse like Virginia Tech, Miami, and UNC for example. basically what is holding those teams back is consistent quarterback play. if Edouard, or AJ for that matter can be the next Teddy Bridgewater (used as an example since he's a So Fla kid, and Alin's idol), and those schools continue to under achieve at the position then that's where we can catch those schools. Ultimately it would be better if this "franchise" quarterback emerges when he is younger, like Sophmore year, so he can attract other talented players. If we can hit on just 1 superstar quarterback it's all you really need to jump start your program. Just look at Stanford. They had 1 win the same season as we did. but then they got Andrew Luck and the rest is history. same with Baylor with RG3, and even Teddy Bridgewater to an extent. I used these guys for example because they are the new blood that found a way to crack the nations elite. On the other end of the spectrum there is schools like Texas, Michigan, Miami, and Notre Dame who repeatedly bring in top recruiting classes, but have yet to hit with that superstar qb.

so now the question is can Edouard be that guy? imo the potential is there. he has very similar skill set to Robert Griffin. obviously all that means nothing because there is so much more to go into the position, but if you are basing this on potential he is your man. as much as i love Hunt, and even AJ, they just don't have the skill set to be that mega star qb. sure they could be serviceable, and even very good, but they have limits. with edouard you have a kid who has all the physical tools you need. now we just have to hope mcdonald can find a way to maximize his potential.

so now the question is can Edouard be that guy? imo the potential is there. he has very similar skill set to Robert Griffin. obviously all that means nothing because there is so much more to go into the position, but if you are basing this on potential he is your man. as much as i love Hunt, and even AJ, they just don't have the skill set to be that mega star qb. sure they could be serviceable, and even very good, but they have limits. with edouard you have a kid who has all the physical tools you need. now we just have to hope mcdonald can find a way to maximize his potential.

Robert Griffin was a physical specimen. Edouard needs at least 20 pounds of muscle to hold up over the course of a full season with his style of play.

I think Alin's chances of playing this year as a true frosh are close to zero (barring a Hunt injury). Then you look at a redshirt frosh beating out a redshirt senior in Hunt the following year (which are long odds again barring an injury).

I guess my point is, with the uptick in recruiting, we are going to see more players with the potential to be that mega star QB when that job theoretically becomes open again (most times, successful programs (which Cuse should be when Hunt graduates) experience an uptick in positional recruiting for that recruiting cycle where a long time starter graduates).

IMO, what you are looking at is a QB taking over in 2016 with a seasoned WR corps led by this class of playmakers paired with quick, agile scatbacks. The tools available to the starting Syracuse QB (potentially starting this upcoming season) is enough to lead this team to at least an 8-5 record. Then you look at 2016 as the latest year where a Syracuse team can potentially make the Stanford level jump (from 8-5 to 12-1).

Reminds me of Kaepernick. Skinny, long strider, cannon.

Robert Griffin was a physical specimen. Edouard needs at least 20 pounds of muscle to hold up over the course of a full season with his style of play.

I think Alin's chances of playing this year as a true frosh are close to zero (barring a Hunt injury). Then you look at a redshirt frosh beating out a redshirt senior in Hunt the following year (which are long odds again barring an injury).

I guess my point is, with the uptick in recruiting, we are going to see more players with the potential to be that mega star QB when that job theoretically becomes open again (most times, successful programs (which Cuse should be when Hunt graduates) experience an uptick in positional recruiting for that recruiting cycle where a long time starter graduates).

IMO, what you are looking at is a QB taking over in 2016 with a seasoned WR corps led by this class of playmakers paired with quick, agile scatbacks. The tools available to the starting Syracuse QB (potentially starting this upcoming season) is enough to lead this team to at least an 8-5 record. Then you look at 2016 as the latest year where a Syracuse team can potentially make the Stanford level jump (from 8-5 to 12-1).

that's my thought as well. he won't start until 2016. like you said by then this year's WR haul will be coming into their own.

Could be something, could be nothing, but Edouard and FAU athletics handle are now following one another.

It is one of the local schools and i'm sure he has friends there, but definitely worth nothing

I don't know his family situation but I have been wondering if the kid just needs to be close to home. If if if that ended up being the case we may want to consider taking a QB this year if we like anyone.

djorange1989 said:
I don't know his family situation but I have been wondering if the kid just needs to be close to home. If if if that ended up being the case we may want to consider taking a QB this year if we like anyone.

I'm sure we're looking at quarterbacks.

As soon as he left, the odds of him coming back weren't great. No matter what "recruiting gurus" on this board had to say.

Not saying he can't and won't, but at this point I'd be surprised if he did come back.

As soon as he left, the odds of him coming back weren't great. No matter what "recruiting gurus" on this board had to say.

Not saying he can't and won't, but at this point I'd be surprised if he did come back.
Odds are 10 to 1 against this kid ever playing for SU. I am hoping I am wrong but doubt it.

I'm sure Scott Shafer publicly reinforcing that he was expected to be back had nothing to do with people thinking that he would be back.

I'm sure Scott Shafer publicly reinforcing that he was expected to be back had nothing to do with people thinking that he would be back.
I have seen this too many times to rely on what a coach says. Often the player will tell the coach one thing and then do something else. It is not the first time an SU recruit has done this and most of them have ended up never playing at SU.

I have seen this too many times to rely on what a coach says. Often the player will tell the coach one thing and then do something else. It is not the first time an SU recruit has done this and most of them have ended up never playing at SU.

Fair enough. The point of my post though was less to say that "because Shafer said he'd come back, he'd come back" and more to call out that people, in general, are more apt to rely on things coming out of the head coach's mouth than what anyone posts on a message board. The whole "recruiting gurus" thing was childish and unnecessary. The people being referred to as that provide a lot to this board, especially the particular one we're posting on right now.

Fair enough. The point of my post though was less to say that "because Shafer said he'd come back, he'd come back" and more to call out that people, in general, are more apt to rely on things coming out of the head coach's mouth than what anyone posts on a message board. The whole "recruiting gurus" thing was childish and unnecessary. The people being referred to as that provide a lot to this board, especially the particular one we're posting on right now.

Certain people deserve all the criticism they get IMO. I'm not the only one who has taken issue with certain ones. 99% of the posters on here I appreciate and have no problem with.

If he wasn't coming back we would have taken his playbook

While I agree the fact SU let him take the playbook is an indication on both sides that he is expected back, it doesn't mean circumstances can't change.

That said, I expect he will be back in January and that sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving somebody (either Edouard himself or Shafer) will make it known to the public. At this point if I was Shafer I would tell him not to come until January even if hes ready to be back tomorrow just to preserve the year of eligibility.

While I agree the fact SU let him take the playbook is an indication on both sides that he is expected back, it doesn't mean circumstances can't change.

That said, I expect he will be back in January and that sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving somebody (either Edouard himself or Shafer) will make it known to the public. At this point if I was Shafer I would tell him not to come until January even if hes ready to be back tomorrow just to preserve the year of eligibility.

Again, he started classes. His eligibility clock has started.

The waiver is an unlikely proposition, IMO. Hope I am wrong.

If he wasn't coming back we would have taken his playbook
I want to agree. I have no real knowledge of what is going on. I don't expect him back.

I think his chances of getting the waiver are better than him getting much productively learned while the season is going on as a 5th string scout team QB. But you are right the waiver is by no means something that should be counted on

And you know for certain that he started class? That he even needs a waiver? You know that he & Shafer didn't have a conversation or several, and didn't come to an agreement on the best course of action?

See, it goes both ways. People can make assumptions on both sides of every disagreement.

My view is that he has a dream, and he felt that dream could best be realized at SU. Something occurred that has to be dealt with. At this point, I hope that he does what is best for him and the people he cares about, and reaches whatever dream he has. See, some things actually are more important than football, or the team or school you support.

And you know for certain that he started class? That he even needs a waiver? You know that he & Shafer didn't have a conversation or several, and didn't come to an agreement on the best course of action?

See, it goes both ways. People can make assumptions on both sides of every disagreement.

My view is that he has a dream, and he felt that dream could best be realized at SU. Something occurred that has to be dealt with. At this point, I hope that he does what is best for him and the people he cares about, and reaches whatever dream he has. See, some things actually are more important than football, or the team or school you support.

If Alin Eduoard was on campus for any period of time during the summer, he was enrolled in classes. Classes began June 30, and he was announced to be excused from the team on August 2. He would not have been allowed access to dorms, facilities, etc. if he was not taking classes. That is a fact.

And if he is enrolled in classes, then his eligibility clock has started running. That is also a fact.

He and Shafer could have had as many discussions as they wanted - and I have no doubt it was probably the right thing for him to do. But that doesn't change the FACT that his eligibility clock has started. It's not an assumption.

Doesn't mention if he still has a redshirt available...hope someone follows up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom