Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

I hope he spends serious time in a weight room while he is back home. Can't see him as a legit D-1 QB if he weighs 180 pounds. I agree with others though, his upside is enormous and he can be a dynamic playmaker.

I hope he spends serious time in a weight room while he is back home. Can't see him as a legit D-1 QB if he weighs 180 pounds. I agree with others though, his upside is enormous and he can be a dynamic playmaker.
The 180 lbs is listed with his initial bio in the first post of this thread, which would be his weight going into his senior year of high school - in summer 2013. Or did he still weigh the same when he was briefly here last summer? I'm not even sure if updated measurables were put out before he was gone.

✈️Alin Edouard #10✈️‏@SelfMade_Alin 46m46 minutes ago
#CUSEWILLRISE
1f34a.png

I am of the opinion he will be a stud. And have been of that opinion since he committed.

Only problem is he needs to actually make it to Syracuse.

I hope he does. He's the X-Factor.

I hope he does, too. But his throwing mechanics suggest that we might need to temper expectations--at least initially.

Went back and watched his junior year highlights, man when he gets upfield he is fast. Also did not see any senior year highlights. Hoping he makes it. We need one of these QB's to lead us back to respectability.

I hope he does, too. But his throwing mechanics suggest that we might need to temper expectations--at least initially.

I agree - if we think Long needs weight room work, Eduoard needs it just as bad.

I definitely agree. He has some crazy natural athletic abilities, namely his arm strength, and speed, but he is raw. Like you said his mechanics need some work. He needs a quicker release, and needs to show he can work through his progressions. imo this is what dooms most quarterback. In HS they don't get exposed because usually the first, or second option is available. His highlights are mostly 1st or 2nd read hits. Let's hope he will have the ability to remain calm, move around in the pocket, and go through his progessions.

And obviously he needs to put on some bulk. He looks to be on AJ's level in terms of frailness.

I definitely agree. He has some crazy natural athletic abilities, namely his arm strength, and speed, but he is raw. Like you said his mechanics need some work. He needs a quicker release, and needs to show he can work through his progressions. imo this is what dooms most quarterback. In HS they don't get exposed because usually the first, or second option is available. His highlights are mostly 1st or 2nd read hits. Let's hope he will have the ability to remain calm, move around in the pocket, and go through his progessions.

And obviously he needs to put on some bulk. He looks to be on AJ's level in terms of frailness.

agree on all counts. Most of all, he needs to actually make it to campus! I am still quite skeptical that he will, but hoping.

Well he has had a year to put on weight, anyone know what his weight is now?

Normally that would be an easy answer of yes, because you have 5 to play 4. He was here for a few days over summer break so I don't know if that would count towards his clock starting or not. I would imagine not, but the NCAA is ed so you never know.

Would he still have a redshirt next year?
Normally that would be an easy answer of yes, because you have 5 to play 4. He was here for a few days over summer break so I don't know if that would count towards his clock starting or not. I would imagine not, but the NCAA is ed so you never know.

Shafer has said that he still has 5 to play 4.

I'm convinced that in the group of Edouard, Long, and Dungey that we will find our QB of the future. Although Long has struggled at points, I think you have to chalk that up to being a freshman getting your first look at high division 1 competition. Lets hope one of them take the reigns of our program and bring us to the next level.

I'm convinced that in the group of Edouard, Long, and Dungey that we will find our QB of the future. Although Long has struggled at points, I think you have to chalk that up to being a freshman getting your first look at high division 1 competition. Lets hope one of them take the reigns of our program and bring us to the next level.

It is getting close to when he needs to report, if he is going to in January. Anybody know when classes start for spring semester?

I believe the January enrollees arrive 1/9/ Looks like they have to register 1/10.

http://www.syr.edu/registrar/acadcalendars/acaddl2014-15.pdf Here is the schedule for fall, spring and summer classes for 2015

Thank you. Looks like he needs to be here by the tenth, if he is going to enroll for the Spring.
I guess we will see then what shakes out with young Mr. Edouard. I hope he comes, for his sake as much as the teams.
I believe his clock has started ticking. As I understand NCAA rules five years eligibility after your class graduates, unless granted an extension, admittedly not an expert on NCAA rules though.

Thank you. Looks like he needs to be here by the tenth, if he is going to enroll for the Spring.
I guess we will see then what shakes out with young Mr. Edouard. I hope he comes, for his sake as much as the teams.
I believe his clock has started ticking. As I understand NCAA rules five years eligibility after your class graduates, unless granted an extension, admittedly not an expert on NCAA rules though.
Its 10 consecutive semesters once you officially begin taking classes. If you start in january then you have until december 5 yrs after. Shafer stated his clock has not stared yet.

Last edited:
I believe the January enrollees arrive 1/9/ Looks like they have to register 1/10.
And if he is not here and signed in on 1/10, we had darn well better be using that spot for another recruit in this year's class. Enough is enough. Sh@@ or get off the pot.

It is getting close to when he needs to report, if he is going to in January. Anybody know when classes start for spring semester?

Registration deadline is January 10.

Classes start January 12.

Its 10 consecutive semesters once you officially begin taking classes. If you start in january then you have until december 5 yrs after. Shafer stated his clock has not stared yet.[/

Yes, but there is also a rule concerning when you graduate high school that only applies to D1 football, and that rule is why you never see older players say in their early twenties starting as frosh in D1 football. Not sure about the exact wording but I kow it exists. Starting this January would not be an issue but waiting beyond that could have some impact on his career. That is the clock I was thinking of if he were not to enrol in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom