Class of 2021 - QB Carlos Del Rio Wilson (GA) Transferring from Florida to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Carlos Del Rio Wilson (GA) Transferring from Florida to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a four-star dual-threat prospect in the 2021 class and was ranked No. 146 overall nationally, No. 17 at his position and the No. 16 prep in his state during recruitment.

Was also rated the #16 player in the ESPN transfer portal ranking.

Man, what an off-season. In one of the early post season threads I listed a bunch of things that could happen in the off-season to make us all excited again. Great coaching hires, spring game, QB recruits, community outreach. They are nailing everything. Screw the summer, I want the fall right now.

I am stunned.

I imagine Mr. Lamson will be gone but boy, I’m blown away with the QB depth.

Wow! The quarterback position at SU just got much more interesting. You wanted a passer to go with Tucker? Just wow...

WOW! I'm already a HUGE Carlos Del Rio fan.
This Cuse is about to roar back to life in the ACC.

What This is amazing. Great get by the staff. Holy Moly what adding two proven assistants can do for a program.

Wow! The quarterback position at SU just got much more interesting. You wanted a passer to go with Tucker? Just wow...
This is exactly what we need. If he can pass that opens up the field for Tucker. We did not have anyone who could pass last year. This brings hope for the over 4.5 wins.

I like it. We need to find ways to secure winning seasons. This might scare away Sellers but oh well.
Yeah... Lamson or Sellers seems to be on way out or not coming. At least that's the way I see it

Yeah... Lamson or Sellers seems to be on way out or not coming. At least that's the way I see it
Why does it have to be this way?

Tons of schools don’t have issues recruiting QBs in back to back classes (in reference to sellers) and in Lamsons case with his injury, he needs to get healthy first. He will have a leg up mentally over Sellers and seemed on pace to be the backup this year and heir apparent. Is it possible this kid takes that spot before Lamson is healthy? Sure. But it’s also possible this kid shouldn’t be the anointed just yet either.

He’s damned exciting, and we should be excited to have him. But I don’t wanna kick anyone else out the door just yet either. Let them compete and let the cream rise to the top and allow us to have some depth for once

Or they just dont feel confident about the QB room as a whole.
I’m curious as I know you have plenty of connections, is this a feeling you have when talking to people or an educated guess based on this guy coming to town?

Is it possible that he’s a “best available player” that we convinced Cuse was the right home for him? And not necessarily an indictment on the current room?

th

Status
Not open for further replies.