QB co-starters... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

QB co-starters...

if a coach says he has 2 QBs, that means he has none.

not good.

None that are head and shoulders above the rest. I think we have good talent at that position and it's better than the tallest midget.

No, no, no to the 2 qb approach. hate it and honestly it never works. I have clearly been very pro-Allen on here (and still believe he is much better), but it Hunt wins the job... give it to him. Its just a circus to trot out different qb's at different times. Plus, as others have said, if Broyld is on the field then we do have two options on every play to throw a pass.

if a coach says he has 2 QBs, that means he has none.

not good.

Usually, but this is a unique case.

I don't see SS "platooning" QBs. Coaches public statements are not to be trusted. Ever.

And that's why the Colts had to go with Curtis Painter, who had never thrown a pass in a real game in the NFl, to defend their perfect record in 2009 when they opted to sit Peyton Manning down until the playoffs.

Don Shula made a career of having good back-up quarterbacks: Gary Cuozzo, Earl Morrall, Don Strock. The Rams won three straight Western Conference titles and one NFL title with Bob Waterfield and Norm Van Brocklyn. I'm sure I coiuld find other examples with more time.

They key is that both have to be good quarterbacks.

In the age of the salary cap, retaining 2 starting-caliber QBs is next to impossible.

And that's why the Colts had to go with Curtis Painter, who had never thrown a pass in a real game in the NFl, to defend their perfect record in 2009 when they opted to sit Peyton Manning down until the playoffs.

Don Shula made a career of having good back-up quarterbacks: Gary Cuozzo, Earl Morrall, Don Strock. The Rams won three straight Western Conference titles and one NFL title with Bob Waterfield and Norm Van Brocklyn. I'm sure I coiuld find other examples with more time.

They key is that both have to be good quarterbacks.

The reality is in today's NFL, rarely are you going to find a back-up QB who can be as effective as the starter and win games. Once the starter goes down, you really are in a tough spot. That's reality.

The reality is in today's NFL, rarely are you going to find a back-up QB who can be as effective as the starter and win games. Once the starter goes down, you really are in a tough spot. That's reality.

I'd rather be in a tough spot with a guy who has had experience than with a guy who has never played. It's like a baseball pitcher who keeps in shape because he can still get people out and there is still a need for that. A guy, (like Donovan McNabb) could add a couple years to his career if he'd be willing to do that.