Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

Makes you wonder...

Only 1 year but I wonder if Anae didn't bring much to the table in this department.
Scaring a kid into signing is probably not what you want.

Probably when Georgia Tech asked him to move on.

I'm excited about this get but I think high 3 stars is fair.
Man how angry are gtech fans going to be if this kid does infact turn out to be mcnabb jr lol.

My impressions of Jakhari…

He is 6‘1.5, and about 190 pounds, so he is a little undersized but plenty of QBs his size have been successful in the ACC. Will definitely need to get stronger.

He is a legit dual threat QB. Really agile, can make people miss really well and can cut on a dime.

He is a strong arm too. Throws it 50 or 60 yards effortlessly and when he needs to throw it hard into tight coverage, he can do that. His completion percentage is about 60%, which isn’t great and it might be an indication accuracy is a problem.

He is fun to watch and seems capable of great things. He reminds me of LaNorris Sellers some. No doubt he can make something good happen when a play breaks down, but it seems he usually will save a broken play by making a spectacular run, As opposed to Zurbrugg, who appears to be gifted finding players down field on the full run (and capable of throwing it accurately on the run). Saw some throwing on the run from Jakhari too but he mostly seems to run when flushed from the pocket

He runs track and field. It appears this is the first year he has run track and he set a PR of 12.00 in the 100m recently. Also has high jumped 6’2 and triple jumped over 41 feet. He is an impressive athlete.

He plays at a lower level of Georgia HS football and his HS plays in a new independent league, where the competition is not great. It looks like his HS is not great either. They finished 2-9 with a P5 level QB starting for them. At the least, Jakhari knows adversity.

The article I read says he decommitted from GT. Not sure if that is accurate. Whatever happened there, it is tough to be a HS QB without a scholarship so late in the recruiting process. That I think helps explain his final five, which is radically different than the list of schools that offered him initially.

I think we offered something like 10 QBs initially in this class and missed on all of them. Things were looking grim. Credit to the staff for staying the course, continuing to work and finding two impressive HS QBs who appear to be really good fits for our system.

It will be interesting to see if we have any interesting in other QBs now. I am thinking maybe Bass, but the others….no way. Toledo has to be happy they are keeping their verbal. Good for them.

Hopefully we get the rover from Virginia on Tuesday, and add Haile and the OL from Texas soon. Things are looking good….

My impressions of Jakhari…

He is 6‘1.5, and about 190 pounds, so he is a little undersized but plenty of QBs his size have been successful in the ACC. Will definitely need to get stronger.

He is a legit dual threat QB. Really agile, can make people miss really well and can cut on a dime.

He is a strong arm too. Throws it 50 or 60 yards effortlessly and when he needs to throw it hard into tight coverage, he can do that. His completion percentage is about 60%, which isn’t great and it might be an indication accuracy is a problem.

He is fun to watch and seems capable of great things. He reminds me of LaNorris Sellers some. No doubt he can make something good happen when a play breaks down, but it seems he usually will save a broken play by making a spectacular run, As opposed to Zurbrugg, who appears to be gifted finding players down field on the full run (and capable of throwing it accurately on the run). Saw some throwing on the run from Jakhari too but he mostly seems to run when flushed from the pocket

He runs track and field. It appears this is the first year he has run track and he set a PR of 12.00 in the 100m recently. Also has high jumped 6’2 and triple jumped over 41 feet. He is an impressive athlete.

He plays at a lower level of Georgia HS football and his HS plays in a new independent league, where the competition is not great. It looks like his HS is not great either. They finished 2-9 with a P5 level QB starting for them. At the least, Jakhari knows adversity.

The article I read says he decommitted from GT. Not sure if that is accurate. Whatever happened there, it is tough to be a HS QB without a scholarship so late in the recruiting process. That I think helps explain his final five, which is radically different than the list of schools that offered him initially.

I think we offered something like 10 QBs initially in this class and missed on all of them. Things were looking grim. Credit to the staff for staying the course, continuing to work and finding two impressive HS QBs who appear to be really good fits for our system.

It will be interesting to see if we have any interesting in other QBs now. I am thinking maybe Bass, but the others….no way. Toledo has to be happy they are keeping their verbal. Good for them.

Hopefully we get the rover from Virginia on Tuesday, and add Haile and the OL from Texas soon. Things are looking good….

Thanks for that detailed summary, Tom. Helps put contextual perspective around this pickup.

That said, welcome to the 'Cuse, Jakhari!

Bumped us up to #39 class as of now.

Some potentially good ones tomorrow, and Love in the air, too.

Looking like a much improved recruiting result this year.
Also Clinton Robinson and Zekai Wimberly do not have 247 composite rankings yet. Robinson was rated an 86 by 247 and Wimberly a 3 star by Rivals but each of them only have 1 site ranking them so far so they haven’t been factored in yet. So we’d actually be higher than 39 right now.

Kid looks impressive. Not sure what's up with the final list but looks to have all of the physical attributes of a coveted QB.

Honestly, I'm confused over the strategy when it comes to the QB. It's not like a WR where you have 3-5 on the field at once. Kids are going to want to play and everyone doesn't have the patience for an injury or graduation.

Honestly, I'm confused over the strategy when it comes to the QB. It's not like a WR where you have 3-5 on the field at once. Kids are going to want to play and everyone doesn't have the patience for an injury or graduation.
More than any other position, QBs will/should focus on what the QB room looks like for the reason you point out. I think the strategy is to recruit as good a QB prospect you can get and stand waiting at the portal for 4 or 5 star recruits who aren't seeing the field at a factory.

We should have 3-4 Scholarship QB’s on the roster every year that are capable of playing. We saw what happened during the Dungey years when we had a viable option behind him (2018) and not behind him (2015-2017). We can’t afford that.

With these 2 commits we will have 4 scholarship QB’s on the roster next season after Shrader graduates. That’s a healthy QB depth chart.

COMMITTED> 6/25/23 JAKHARI WILLIAMS 2024 FIRST PRESBYTERIAN DAY, MACON, GA # 2 6' 3" 190/ DUAL THREAT QB / 2,384 YDS PASS, 21 TDS, 11 INT 60% COMP> AVG
171 CARRIES FOR 1,018 YDS RUSH 14 TDS /LOOKS FASTER THAN HIS 12 SECOND FAT TIME/ HJ 6'2"/ 41.02 TRIPLE JUMP
14975256_59935323ea3a4ac0a0aaf8b9dbe61938.JPG

ASSETS PER JUNIOR SEASON HUDL FILM:

VERY HIGH FB !Q
VERY ELUSIVE/QUICK
GREAT VISION
THROWS THE BALL WELL AND EASILY 50 YARDS
EXC JUKES FAKES/BREAKS DEFENSES ANKLES
EXCELLENT BALL FAKES TO RB EITHER GIVES IT OR PULLS IT AT THE LAST MINUTE AND RUNS IT

NEEDS TO ADD WEIGHT AND MUSCLE

EXCELLENT ATHLETE/GREAT GET! THIS STAFF IS "ON" THIS CYCLE

Last edited:
Take all the good qbs commits you can get and see how it shakes out. I’d rather have an 86 and 90 versus in the past when we either miss on all hs qbs or get 81 or 82.

Macon was my home for 16 years (home of Little Richard as well as Allman Bros), but I am 130 miles away from there now. It is absolutely correct that First Presbyterian Day does not play anywhere near top tier football teams. I checked their upcoming schedule and see they play a team in late September only 20 miles away from my present home. Will have to check Williams out.