Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

Up 14-0 at halftime.

The highlight of the first half was a 60-65 yard TD pass from Jakhari to the middle of the end zone.

More later…
Finally time to provide some more info...
(Wedding on Saturday, road trip on Sunday, ...)

The TD bomb was definitely the highlight of the game.
The team won 42-0, up 14-0 at half time.

sutomcat : His school's "band" had a halftime show, while the local school (stadium only 3.5mi from my house) did not. Kind of odd.

Jakhari's team was bigger & stronger than the opposition.
The opposing team's punter was especially small and unconfident. He fumbled a bad snap on his own 22yd line. Jakhari handed the ball off on the next play for a TD.

Back to Jakhari...

Of the 41 plays that included Jakhari:
- Passing: 6 of 8, including the bomb TD
- Rushing: 5 keepers, including a TD
- Handoffs: 28

All of his snaps were of the shotgun variety. I didn't see him under center at all.
He did have a fumble, but other than that, had a consistent game.
The team ran a lot... successfully... which made for a less than exciting game.

He's got the skills, I just didn't see him under any stressful situations.

My turn to see Jakhari tomorrow. His team is 3-1-1 (he did not play in the loss for reason unknown to me and he led his team to 42 points in their tie game). His stats on Maxpreps are solid and consistent. The team they are playing tomorrow is 4-1 so should be a good game.

Waiting for your update patiently.

Live look in at Rackman -

think los simpson GIF

As planned, I got to see Jakhari play Friday night. I am going to divide this into 3 sections – background, the game (First Presbyterian Day School (FPD) vs Commerce High), and Jakhari.

Went to the game with a friend. I was showing the school colors, wearing a long sleeve orange Syracuse football tee and an orange Syracuse cap. I luckily sat down to a guy who happened to be a FPD insider and a former UGa player from the 60's. He of course noticed that I came to see Jakhari and told me before the game started not to expect too much because the 2 best receivers would not play due to mono and injury. I asked him why FPD located in Macon was playing a school 113 miles away. I got a very interesting answer- 2 of their usual peer school opponents would not schedule them this year because they did not want to face Jakhari. Wow! FPD is a private college prep oriented hs with 9-12 enrollment of about 300 vs a public hs with about 500 students.

So with the above tee up, you will not be surprised to hear that FPD was over matched and Jakhari had his poorest game of the season. Final score Commerce 28, FPD 14. Without good receivers, FPD tried to stick to a run game until they fell behind enough in the second half to try to open it with more passes including a few unsuccessful post routes. Don't have any stats but Jakhari completed maybe 50%. He and the receivers were clearly out of sync with many overthrows. The most successful passing combo was to a big tight end - lol! Jakhari did not break any big runs, but showed some mobility and did score one of the td's with a very tough run up the gut from about 5 yards out. On that play he got dinged up a bit, and sat out much of the 2nd quarter undergoing a concussion evaluation.

To gain more info about Jakahri, I asked the FPD guy why he was playing for a small school when other options would clearly be available. I liked the answer – Jakhari had been a student at FPD since 6th grade and felt a strong allegiance to the school. Loyalty is good to see in this day. Near the end of the game, FPD guy asked if I would like to meet Jakhari. Oh yeah! So we went down on the field after the final whistle for an introduction. Despite the disappointing game, I got a firm handshake, a look in the eye, and a “nice to meet you” from Jakhari. I told him he would love playing in the Dome and Orange fans looked forward to embracing him.

Last, but not least, my evaluation is that he oozes with raw talent. He has good height and is well put together. He has a really, really outstanding arm, the likes of which I had never seen in a hs qb!!! During warm-ups he was zipping shorter passes and throwing beautiful 50-60+ yard passes with ease to the extent that my friend was concerned he would hurt his arm! I told FPD guy that Jakhari was coming to the right school where our Offensive Coordinator /QB guru would be perfect to mold his natural ability. Based on this game, it will require some development, but all the tools are there to become a top tier player. I look forward to this.

As planned, I got to see Jakhari play Friday night. I am going to divide this into 3 sections – background, the game (First Presbyterian Day School (FPD) vs Commerce High), and Jakhari.

Went to the game with a friend. I was showing the school colors, wearing a long sleeve orange Syracuse football tee and an orange Syracuse cap. I luckily sat down to a guy who happened to be a FPD insider and a former UGa player from the 60's. He of course noticed that I came to see Jakhari and told me before the game started not to expect too much because the 2 best receivers would not play due to mono and injury. I asked him why FPD located in Macon was playing a school 113 miles away. I got a very interesting answer- 2 of their usual peer school opponents would not schedule them this year because they did not want to face Jakhari. Wow! FPD is a private college prep oriented hs with 9-12 enrollment of about 300 vs a public hs with about 500 students.

So with the above tee up, you will not be surprised to hear that FPD was over matched and Jakhari had his poorest game of the season. Final score Commerce 28, FPD 14. Without good receivers, FPD tried to stick to a run game until they fell behind enough in the second half to try to open it with more passes including a few unsuccessful post routes. Don't have any stats but Jakhari completed maybe 50%. He and the receivers were clearly out of sync with many overthrows. The most successful passing combo was to a big tight end - lol! Jakhari did not break any big runs, but showed some mobility and did score one of the td's with a very tough run up the gut from about 5 yards out. On that play he got dinged up a bit, and sat out much of the 2nd quarter undergoing a concussion evaluation.

To gain more info about Jakahri, I asked the FPD guy why he was playing for a small school when other options would clearly be available. I liked the answer – Jakhari had been a student at FPD since 6th grade and felt a strong allegiance to the school. Loyalty is good to see in this day. Near the end of the game, FPD guy asked if I would like to meet Jakhari. Oh yeah! So we went down on the field after the final whistle for an introduction. Despite the disappointing game, I got a firm handshake, a look in the eye, and a “nice to meet you” from Jakhari. I told him he would love playing in the Dome and Orange fans looked forward to embracing him.

Last, but not least, my evaluation is that he oozes with raw talent. He has good height and is well put together. He has a really, really outstanding arm, the likes of which I had never seen in a hs qb!!! During warm-ups he was zipping shorter passes and throwing beautiful 50-60+ yard passes with ease to the extent that my friend was concerned he would hurt his arm! I told FPD guy that Jakhari was coming to the right school where our Offensive Coordinator /QB guru would be perfect to mold his natural ability. Based on this game, it will require some development, but all the tools are there to become a top tier player. I look forward to this.
Cool little side story there, good write up, thanks!

Great post domedog! Thanks for the info.

Domedog -- that is awesome, thanks for the write-up!

Thanks!
Very consistent with my observations from last week: great build & strong arm.
After a red-shirt year+ and learning the system he could be a very talented contributor.