Class of 2022 - QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina

I hope the next chapter starts with a visit to The Hill next weekend
I do too, I really like this kid. This is the type of under the radar prospect I like seeing us pursue. Strong arm, good decision making, poise, good form, yeah he could be more mobile but he's not a statue either. And he has good pocket presence.

And level of competition is apparently pretty good as well. He's one you take a flier on and tuck him away for a redshirt year and then see what you have.

Ive given up on guessing if a QB can be any good in college but there's a lot to like here. Appears to have a nice release and smooth throwing motion. That seems to be always be half our battle.

Last edited:
Ive given up on guessing if a QB can be any good in college but there's a lot to like here. Appears to have a nice release and smooth throwing motion. That seems to be always be half our battle.
Mechanics, decision making and mobility. And by mobile he doesn’t have to be a track star, just good situational awareness to take advantage of openings the defense gives and athletic enough where he can gain a first down with his feet. I think he shows all of that. But he’s definitely not a RB that happens to throw as well.

Did you see him on any visitor list?
No. Which is one of the reasons I am hoping the staff is looking at other options. He may not want to go that far from home or he is waiting until the second signing period to see if he gets more interest.

Alrighty Then.gif

Yeah

Doesn't sound like we're an option? Or that we weren't sure enough to make committable offer?

I think he is just pointing out that his kid deserves more offers. And programs are starting to pay attention to him.

I certainly wouldn’t fault the kid for waiting until we announce an OC before deciding. It’s not like he has to be in a rush. The February signing date is still a ways off.

We will learn soon about Jalens status, as a QB recruit, now that we have our OC & QB Coach. They will determine how he fits within their system!

We will learn soon about Jalens status, as a QB recruit, now that we have our OC & QB Coach. They will determine how he fits within their system!

Well, not to be Buzz Killington or anything, but -

We don’t officially have either an OC or QB coach.
Yet.

Just because the Magic 8-ball says “all signs point to yes” doesn’t mean diddly until the ink is dry.

I recall we had our DC all lined up that one time, and….

No cusefootball in that tweet.
I don’t want to read into tweets about a HS kid, but that seems bad. It seems like Daniels and Co. are unsatisfied and pulling back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom