Class of 2022 - QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina

My guess is the coaches don’t want to get the word out
I'm guessing it probably has nothing to do with our coaches since its the Dad's tweet. I think it has to do with him still being committed to Utah and they reconsidered if saying those things on a tweet is appropriate at this time.

I'm guessing it probably has nothing to do with our coaches since its the Dad's tweet. I think it has to do with him still being committed to Utah and they reconsidered if saying those things on a tweet is appropriate at this time.
you are thinking of Reed, Daniels isn't committed anywhere

you are thinking of Reed, Daniels isn't committed anywhere
Ah you are correct. Jumping back and forth between threads so I got mixed up. Then that is interesting. Hopefully they still plan on visiting. but it probably still doesn't have anything to do with what our coaches want considering the Dad tweeted it. The reason is probably on their end.

He may not be a duel threat type of QB but when your that big, with a great arm it doesn't matter nearly as much. Daniels does seem to have good pocket awareness and can step up in it when needed. He appears to be athletic in that he has a quick release and he seems to be able to make some funky throws on the run and such which is nice. But the playbook would certainly be different with him as opposed to Shrader.

Being a big armed kid slinging all over the field in those green uni's makes me think of a right handed Byron Leftwich.
Maybe he doesn't need to be very mobile. We'll just have our OL carry him all around the field. ;)
One of the most amazing things i remember watching a QB do. I tend to think Dungey and Shrader would do the same thing.

Last edited:
Anyone with me thinking we need to go all in on dual threat? No offense to this kid because he has the measurable, but 4 (maybe 5?) decades of evidence seem to point our key to success as to having a mobile QB (Nassib aside). Who was our last successful pocket passing qb? McPherson, Graves, McNabb, Dungey and Shradder (tbd) were were running the option offense, designed qb runs or were good scramblers. I feel like a good pocket passer still needs a good online and good WR corp, which seems less than ideal given our recruiting struggles.

Anyone with me thinking we need to go all in on dual threat? No offense to this kid because he has the measurable, but 4 (maybe 5?) decades of evidence seem to point our key to success as to having a mobile QB (Nassib aside). Who was our last successful pocket passing qb? McPherson, Graves, McNabb, Dungey and Shradder (tbd) were were running the option offense, designed qb runs or were good scramblers. I feel like a good pocket passer still needs a good online and good WR corp, which seems less than ideal given our recruiting struggles.
I agree. Being that we don’t get “4 or 5 star OL”, we need a QB who can move to make up for it. Shrader isn’t the fastest dual threat, but his determination, size and strides make up for it. I feel Devito didn’t have that “do what it takes to get the job done” attitude. Seemed like he just “expected” to be good, and couldn’t use his “4 star” ranking to elevate the OL. I think drive and desire have more to do with it than anything. Heart is > ratings and film. Just my armchair quarterback thoughts

I agree. Being that we don’t get “4 or 5 star OL”, we need a QB who can move to make up for it. Shrader isn’t the fastest dual threat, but his determination, size and strides make up for it. I feel Devito didn’t have that “do what it takes to get the job done” attitude. Seemed like he just “expected” to be good, and couldn’t use his “4 star” ranking to elevate the OL. I think drive and desire have more to do with it than anything. Heart is > ratings and film. Just my armchair quarterback thoughts
Agree. I tend to lean towards the other ca qb recruit. Not as big as Daniels 6’2 190 but extremely mobile. Saw he had a really good game against Long Beach poly which is a good program.

I agree in that a duel threat is kind of ideal. But I think we need to make sure we have some large QB’s that can definitely make all the throws as well. The offense was built to spread the field. Kind of need a mix available. I’m not exactly sure if a duel threat is necessary but I do like them. We all feel that way because of Devito’s production. But he didn’t really have good pocket awareness and feel and we all just lump all non duel threats as being exactly the same which isn’t true. Plus Devito didn’t have great size. If you don’t have great size you better be really good in the pocket. I think we just want to recruit a mix of good QB’s. I’m fine with some not being duel threats.

Are you serious? He is very fast. He runs by people every game.

Are you serious? He is very fast. He runs by people every game.
Agreed! Because he is a long strider he doesn't look fast until you realize that the players he running past and pulling away from have small numbers on their jerseys.

For those that doesn’t know, David Dunn is the HC of Lincoln HS, which is in Spring Valley, CA, just outside of San Diego.

It is where SU target QB Jalen Daniel’s attends HS. It is clear Dino has made Jalen a major priority. Let’s see what happens over the next month or so.

If Gilbert was mentioned more on Daniels I’d be more confident. Clearly he and DB discussed this recruit. It is just Gilbert seemed to be the primary recruiter for GS, Lamson, Morgan and markowitz. DB seemed primary recruiter for TD. Just have felt Gilbert is looking for DT while I’m concerned DB is still looking for more of a pocket passer even after what we have seen so far this season. With an improved Oline pocket passer can be successful but at su still feel we do best with a DT.

If Gilbert was mentioned more on Daniels I’d be more confident. Clearly he and DB discussed this recruit. It is just Gilbert seemed to be the primary recruiter for GS, Lamson, Morgan and markowitz. DB seemed primary recruiter for TD. Just have felt Gilbert is looking for DT while I’m concerned DB is still looking for more of a pocket passer even after what we have seen so far this season. With an improved Oline pocket passer can be successful but at su still feel we do best with a DT.
I think you're over thinking things. The coaches divide up the territory to cover the recruiting territory. Babers took the West Coast during the bye week, the first opportunity to get out and watch players in person. Gilbert has probably looked at plenty of film on Daniels and talked with him. Some of you may have forgotten that Syracuse offered his team mate, Jahlil Florence back in April, who was suppose to visit, but ended up committing to Oregon. They obviously have been following players on the Lincoln team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom