Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has lots of work connections to FSU - bitter is quite accurate. Afflicted with a devastating case of arrogance.
I vote that we rename Bud Elliot……Butt Elliot moving forward.

Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance

Someone do McCords stats vs some of our all time great qbs now so we can see how much he actually stinks. No reason to compare him to OSU qb's...we want to know how he stacks up compared to what our program is use to having over the past 20-30 years. Without looking, I'm thinking he's a downgrade and we need to take a pass on him. Over 3k yards passing and 24tds and one loss this year...PASS! Dude stinks for sure.

Last edited:
I am shocked that Kyle McCord isn't as good as CJ Stroud.
Not saying he should be. I just wanted to compare the two in a pretty apples to apples comparison between the two. And show that expectations are VERY high at OSU.

Note that a lot of people including Buckeye fans thought Stroud was wasn't going to be great in the NFL. They thought his perceived lack of ability to run the ball was really going to hold him back. Guess they were wrong on that.

Edit: Corrected

Last edited:
So would think if this is not a "behind the scenes recruitment ", I would expect if he was going to visit this weekend that we would likely hear about that sometime today via Twitter or something. Either way we have some big dawgs coming in this weekend that should turn into Sunday/Monday commits.

Not saying he should be. I just wanted to compare a pretty apples to apples comparison between the two. And show that expectations are VERY high at OSU.
McCord is a top 10-20 QB in college football. He is not CJ Stroud, but he is exactly what we need. I love Garrett and what he has done for this program, but he does not even compare to what McCord can do with his arm. We are being flooded with WRs and have a good RB room. If the line is solid, watch out because he will put up some numbers. I think he would excel in a pro style offense where we run first and take shots off play-action.

So would think if this is not a "behind the scenes recruitment ", I would expect if he was going to visit this weekend that we would likely hear about that sometime today via Twitter or something. Either way we have some big dawgs coming in this weekend that should turn into Sunday/Monday commits.
We may have kept it under the radar on purpose too.

Someone do McCords stats vs some of our all time great qbs now so we can see how much he actually stinks. No reason to compare him to OSU qb's...we want to know how he stacks up compared to what our program is use to having over the past 20-30 years. Without looking, I'm thinking he's a downgrade and we need to take a pass on him. Over 3k yards passing and 24tds and one loss this year...PASS! Dude stinks for sure.
Easy. I'm not saying he stinks at all. Just trying to put some light out there regarding OSU's perspective and on his production and it was an apples to apples comparison. You can't compare an SU QB's stats to one at OSU's. Completely different situations obviously. These were two you could compare that are as close to an apples to apples comparison that you could possibly get.

I like McCord a lot and I think he has a chance to improve even more. He has only started one season so far.

If we get McCord i'm happy. He is pretty darn good but not great at this point. He is much better than what we have currently. He has a very nice arm but does miss some throws. We need to find a way to pass block fairly consistently for him. He is used to a pocket and does not get any rushing yds.

For comparison purposes here are 2022 stats with CJ Stroud vs 2023 with McCord. They had essentially the exact same receiving core both years.

2022 Passing
View attachment 235017

2023 Passing
View attachment 235018
Stroud also never beat Michigan and threw multiple interceptions in last years game.

Last edited:
Easy. I'm not saying he stinks at all. Just trying to put some light out there regarding OSU's perspective and on his production and it was an apples to apples comparison. You can't compare an SU QB's stats to one at OSU's. Completely different situations obviously. These were two you could compare that are as close to an apples to apples comparison that you could possibly get.

I like McCord a lot and I think he has a chance to improve even more. He has only started one season so far.
Fair take. I'm just half messing around anyways. Read some twitter takes and it's just funny considering what we're use to having for a qb.

Hooooo boy, if you're telling me that we've got Big M money now, the college football world has officially been PUT ON NOTICE.

BigM.jpg
That brings back memories. I used to live right by the Big M that used to be on the corner of Onondaga Blvd and Fay Rd.

I know this is how it works but wouldn’t this me a direct ncaa violation. Not allow to pay the player to come to school. Post it publicly.
Isn’t that from an unaffiliated Twitter account, not an official Nebraska acccount?

Not saying he should be. I just wanted to compare the two in a pretty apples to apples comparison between the two. And show that expectations are VERY high at OSU.

Note that a lot of people including Buckeye fans thought Stroud was going to be great in the NFL. They thought his perceived lack of ability to run the ball was really going to hold him back. Guess they were wrong on that.
My adopted and tragii inept Carolina Panthers blew it...again. Stroud's a better pro than Bryce Young, who is small & fragile. JMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors