Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is McCord behind Vandagriff in the transfer ratings? Vandagriff has thrown 0 passes in games that matter and got beat out by a former walk on and Carson Beck… seems a bit over hyped (no disrespect to either but they weren’t 5 star recruits)

album cover commodores GIF by uDiscoverMusic

Time for the McCord thread Nightshift!
Reporting for duty.

McCord is a rigid pocket passer. Don’t we need dual threat QBs to keep defenses honest? Our Oline has never been able to protect dropback pro style passers (i.e. DeVito). Dual threats like Dungey and Schrader have fared better. Plus FB said at his presser that we're going to run the ball. I'm not seeing how a QB like McCord fits in with a weakness in the Oline. FB is getting good portal transfers but no Olineman so far. Worries me.
I'm hoping it'll look a lot more like the offense we ran when Nassib was here.

Love an old school pro style offense and it can still work in college

I'm hoping it'll look a lot more like the offense we ran when Nassib was here.

Love an old school pro style offense and it can still work in college
That is a good suggestion. But didn’t Nassib have a decent oline, at least decent enough in the old Big East to protect him?

I like the idea of a pocket passer with Gadsden staying and the addition receivers we are signing. We play in a dome. It’s a huge recruiting advantage to sign offensive talent.

I’m sure Fran is selling the perfect environment to play in for passing to McCord and the receivers.
But our problem is pass protection

Assuming the money is in the ballpark, there’s a lot to sell to McCord (or any QB) all of a sudden.

-brand new HC that has experienced the absolute highs for college football
-OC from the NFL with power 5 playcalling experience/success
-seems likely to be returning an all-conference or better receiver
-a lot of WR talent coming in from the portal ready to prove themselves
-returning all-conference RB that is also a good receiver
-do it all talented TE returning
-some OL pieces (this is the concern)
-softer schedule with a lot of home games
-indoor home field

A lot of positives to help him prove his NFL worth. Hope this works out for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom