Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the concerns with McCord’s father? Was he an issue at OSU?
The concerns about his dad seem like whiny fans who want to blame someone? He led OSU to an 11-1 record and got death threats. His coach blew a redshirt year for a garbage time blow out, that’s such a jerkstore move. It makes sense there would be frustration with the way he was treated at OSU.

Marvin is not a criminal. He did it to save the neighborhood

IMG_5270.gif

He is getting the downtown apartments for his family I hope? It would be so Syracuse to see his name in the police blotter in armory square at 2am.

I just wish I could be the one to break the news to our friends at Rutgers. They weren't handling the last week well. Come Weds, they will be in full blown panic and depression.

I don’t think Rutgers fans much care this year because we’re not butting up against them. They called McKord and flipping the Florida lineman would’ve been pure gold but otherwise we’ll have to wait until next cycle. They’re certainly in panic mode about next class.

Shoot in a matter of two weeks HCFB flipped 3 of the NJ top 10.

First off , shame on axe for taking away the kids opportunity to announce it himself. Secondly after a night of billy strings at the war memorial, what a great bit of news to wake up to. Let’s go cuse!

The version of the story I heard (which granted was part speculation of a YouTube documentary) basically suggested Marvin may have pulled strings to protect innocent people where the police were failing
What is that YouTube documentary? I’d watch that

I just looked up his PFF grades. Overall, he graded as the #62 QB about equal to Shrader at #65. Better passer than Shrader, but graded worse as a runner as he is not a running QB.

McCord grades as an elite passer when he is not under pressure, but graded very poorly passing under pressure. Thus, the key to his success at Syracuse will be building an O-line in front of him.

First off , shame on axe for taking away the kids opportunity to announce it himself. Secondly after a night of billy strings at the war memorial, what a great bit of news to wake up to. Let’s go cuse!
It’s not any different from what the recruiting services do.

Well, that's on them. What Axe did is called his job. Getting the scoop and getting clicks, that is also called his job. In case any have missed it, if you don't get scoops and clicks, in this environment in the newspaper business, you lose your job. Mike and Donna would have done the same exact thing. Next time you see them, ask them.
As you know, McCord's commitment was pretty well known by early Saturday. Lots of people with any type of connection knew this. I'm sure Axe knew as well. There was an understanding - granted maybe it was an assumed understanding - to let the kid announce on his terms. This is the only part that bothers me.

My understanding is there are 10 total commitments from this weekend. Most of those were also known early on Saturday. Not many of those were leaked publicly unless the kid did the leaking.

At the end of the day I agree Axe was doing his job. But this wasn't a "scoop."

I don’t think Rutgers fans much care this year because we’re not butting up against them. They called McKord and flipping the Florida lineman would’ve been pure gold but otherwise we’ll have to wait until next cycle. They’re certainly in panic mode about next class.

Shoot in a matter of two weeks HCFB flipped 3 of the NJ top 10.
Should we start calling HCFB by the nickname "Flip"? Asking for a friend who is a Rutgirls fan..LOL...LOL...

He/they wanted some sort of commitment that McCord would be the starter next year and more NIL money. Ryan Day wouldn’t do it.
Yes, that is the rumor out here. McCord wanted his position for next season guaranteed and a raise in NIL funds, which wasn't happening after his up and down performances all year. He is a very good QB, but doesn't have the make-up to be a great one. Best outcome for both schools is this transfer.

As you know, McCord's commitment was pretty well known by early Saturday. Lots of people with any type of connection knew this. I'm sure Axe knew as well. There was an understanding - granted maybe it was an assumed understanding - to let the kid announce on his terms. This is the only part that bothers me.

My understanding is there are 10 total commitments from this weekend. Most of those were also known early on Saturday. Not many of those were leaked publicly unless the kid did the leaking.

At the end of the day I agree Axe was doing his job. But this wasn't a "scoop."

Have to agree if you had any connections to the program, you knew a couple days ago

Just thinking out loud here, and didn't read the rest of the thread before posting, but living downtown away from campus and teammates? Old school me takes pause.

He'll have the money to pay for it, obviously. He's a one and done, so there's that (but doesn't that make it more important to be around all the time?).

On the flip side, he'll be in the complex or in classes (I assume, haha) most of his waking hours, and therefore around the team and coaches.

Rereading this, I realize I'm just talking in circles. Giddy giddy circles.

I'm just going to hit post now and stop thinkng.
He's a college senior. I stopped living on campus after freshman year, and every year after that.

Yes, that is the rumor out here. McCord wanted his position for next season guaranteed and a raise in NIL funds, which wasn't happening after his up and down performances all year. He is a very good QB, but doesn't have the make-up to be a great one. Best outcome for both schools is this transfer.
Up and down? He completed 66% of his passes for 3500 yards with 24 TDS to 6 INTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom