Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like from other people he has already completed his visit and left. Only stayed a couple of hours?

I’ll say this, if he is actually on his way to Cuse right now, I like our chances. Guaranteed starter, no looking over his shoulder. Plus we have Fran. You’d think there would be more smoke if he left Nebraska and had committed.

I don't know if this is still true, but when I had to go to Omaha regularly for work some 12ish years ago, there weren't any flights out of there later than like 6:30pm.

I know someone mentioned previously the charter company we use (I believe, but don’t remember specifics). There was a charter today from Syracuse that went to NJ and Ohio. Looks like it’s headed to Omaha tomorrow. Probably nothing, but it’s fun looking for a needle in a haystack.

This is an older article but it mentions something I thought about but hasn’t come up in the discussion.

Basically, if he goes to Nebraska, he’ll have to play OSU in 2024. That seemed to be something he really didn’t want to do. So interesting that he’d be visiting Nebraska and I wonder if that will affect his decision making process.

If he does visit I honestly think we have a really good shot here.

I mean Fran has to have a QB1 on his mind that we’re going after. There is absolutely no way he’s going to leave it in the hands of the UB transfer. He would certainly be a good back up, but i would have to think he is shooting for a bigger splash than that. Interesting there hasn’t been much news on anyone except maybe McCord, who i really think would be the perfect fit, especially when we show him next years schedule. Now will we be able to meet his NIL demands is another question. I’m sure he’s going for $500k at a minimum. With our returning skills players and schedule we offer a far better chance at success in a year that will be huge for his future. I’m not sure how all the stars align and the $ adds up, but he has to be the guy Fran is keying in on. Even if he wanted to build the program with a younger QB commit the chances they are ready to compete at this level on day 1 are slim. Even still we need more depth. I would like to see another HS commit and 2 portal qb’s. I know the UB kid would like to start but you have to win the job. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think once word broke about the Raiola kid being in play, then recruiting sites flipping him from Georgia to Nebraska, the situation changed for McCord.

Raiola even as a legacy isn't coming to sit.

And one so so performance from McCord and the chatter and heat from the fan base will give him OSU PTSD.

There's something to this. I think this happens.

Just to push my hype into the next stratosphere I watched his 2023 highlights, man he has "arm talent" what a pickup this would be, also they have a #18 on that team that also looked pretty good, package deal?

Fran & AD Wildhack referenced in his press conference that the only one-year portal transfers they would consider are players going to the NFL. McCord would fit the description of a player they are talking about and we desperately need a starting QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom