Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the tape. He’s got the arm to make all of the throws, fits it in tight windows. Tommy Cutlets was the last guy on our roster with that kind of arm talent. And by all accounts, our skill positions will be better and able to help in ways Tommy didn’t have.
And we have at least 2 running backs who can punish you. That will keep defenses off balance.

Yeah, fair enough for concern but at the same time, we don't know how the OSU staff communicated with Dad and how they treated his son - there have also been rumors that some of that treatment was unfair. There are always two sides to things like that. Then we have a rumour spewed out about Rhule maybe saying no to McCord. Sounds like there is a lot of CYA going on here, including OSU fans. Screw all that - this is huge.
Until further notice I'll believe Dad is just an excuse. OSU has a track record of running people off if they can't beat Michigan- I remember they did it to a fairly decent coach (name escapes me), & I wouldn't be surprised Day's seat will get hotter next year if it's 4 consecutive losses to UM,

I mean, we're on the verge of having 11-1 Ohio State's starting QB throwing to a Georgia transfer who was expected to be a big part of their offense... Literally, we're on the verge of having national title contender level talent at the QB and WR positions.

Obviously we don't have the depth those factories have, and we don't have national title contender level talent across the board, but it's been like 17 days since Fran Brown took over and he's completely blown our expectations out of the water and given us evidence that we can hope for more than we ever imagined from this program.

Until further notice I'll believe Dad is just an excuse. OSU has a track record of running people off if they can't beat Michigan- I remember they did it to a fairly decent coach (name escapes me), & I wouldn't be surprised Day's seat will get hotter next year if it's 4 consecutive losses to UM,

That Joe Burrough kid really sucked.

Truly is fascinating to see people find why some of these kids aren’t “good enough” for Syracuse
I don’t think people are saying he is not good enough. I think some (including myself) are saying something could be going on where you have a former 5 star with not a lot of offers exit the portal

I am way too confident on this.

I am already setting in stone that McCord will be our QB, throwing to OG, Villari, Meeks, Haynes and mews….. with Lequint running for 1,000 + again and Yasin running for 400+.

Dare I say if we grab the right OL and get Wohl back healthy….. we could be a top 5 ACC offensive team no doubt.

And we know the defense is getting loaded up with some dogs….. calling my shot McCord leads us to a minimum 9-3 season ;)

He's a one year rental. If his dad is an issue, it won't be for long. Plus, I trust Coach Brown and staff to take care of any such problems.
Coach Brown coached at Georgia for two years. There is no place with more crazy parents to deal with than at that program.

I think he can handle it.

Which coaches commentary ?

That bolded part is hilarious. The kid from UB would be a viable upgrade as would the Holy Cross kid but not Ohio States 11-1 starting QB.
They didn’t disclose the coaches. Just cited defensive coordinators who went against them this year

And the bold part is a double negative, so essentially say he would be an upgrade

Not to say he isn’t an upgrade for Syracuse, but a lot of schools seem to be staying away from him for various reasons. The Athletic cited some coaches who were not high on his capabilities. The Athletics also doesn’t have him in the top 25 available transfers (4 other QBs are listed).

Again, not to say he wouldn’t be an upgrade for Syracuse
Can I have the link to the Athletic article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom