Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect next years team to improve in these areas that will greatly help the OL.

1: A better running scheme. Off tackle only goes so far.:
2: The use of the TE
3: Routes that use the middle of the field
4: Receivers that can get separation and actually catch the ball
5: A QB that isn't playing after a surgery that didn't completely heal
6: A QB that participates in spring ball
7: A QB that is significantly better throwing the ball
8: An OL that doesn't lead the country in penalties.
9: A healthy OL that has greater depth.

Well, we could get 4* QBs as long as they were portal QBs

Shrader
CDRW
Shrader before injury was decent, but everything equal we should take the better passer at QB every time.

I was going to say him too. I believe he started the first 4 games that Pugh was injured?
I'm pretty sure Hay was a bonafide starter the whole year. He was a JUCO transfer from Nassau CC where John Anselmo coached. Hay was good enough to be signed as an UDFA by the Saints but got cut. I think a young Hickey filled in for Justin those 4 games and rotated in and out at guard when Justin came back. By the next year, Hickey was a starter for the rest of his career.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Hay was a bonafide starter the whole year. He was a JUCO transfer from Nassau CC where John Anselmo coached. Hay was good enough to be signed as an UDFA by the Saints but got cut. I think a young Hickey filled in for Justin those 4 games and rotated in and out at guard when Justin came back. Hickey. By the next year, Hickey was a starter for the rest of his career.
Tiller had a nice run with the Saints too

If you find yourself saying “Syracuse has to have a mobile QB” remind yourself that you probably thought “we can’t get 4* kids” last week
Eh... listen I love the Kyle pickup here. We are bringing in high level and winning players. That said our oline is our oline and its had ups and downs. Almost everyone said Devito, his arm and precision passing would provide relief for our oline issues. That didn't happen. So yes Kyle is a great pickup. Our new receivers also great. Our new RB flip also great. It all helps upgrade everything. That doesn't mean all of our oline troubles are solved. A combination of things can make that better but let's not gloss over the oline either. That said there's a ton to be excited and optimistic about.

But man he could commit some dumb penalties
For sure, lots of unsportsmanlike hands to the face flags. I remember in the Pinstripe Bowl, Marrone took him out of the game and Hay was on the bench with Doug berating him. Hay's head was down and he had a towel over his head. Then, Doug slapped him on the shoulder pad and sent him back in. I remember the broadcaster saying, "That’s Doug Marrone, the old Olineman coaching up his guy. 'Now get back in there big fella!'"

Last edited:
Eh... listen I love the Kyle pickup here. We are bringing in high level and winning players. That said our oline is our oline and its had ups and downs. Almost everyone said Devito, his arm and precision passing would provide relief for our oline issues. That didn't happen. So yes Kyle is a great pickup. Our new receivers also great. Our new RB flip also great. It all helps upgrade everything. That doesn't mean all of our oline troubles are solved. A combination of things can make that better but let's not gloss over the oline either. That said there's a ton to be excited and optimistic about.
I agree - I don't think they are solved. Yet. OL is probably the hardest thing to compete with the elite programs on. But HCFB has already done some things to make me have some hope.

I fully expect next years team to improve in these areas that will greatly help the OL.

#9 is the issue. Our problem was more than just not getting enough 4 and 5 star guys. It was not having enough depth. Will Brown & company be able to address that?

This would be like getting Greg Paulus if he had been starting at QB for Notre Dame the year before and not playing basketball.

I didn’t notice a drop off from Stroud. I also didn’t see Stroud having an amazing NFL rookie season after choking the UGA game way. Also Buckeyes fans were brutal to him when he was the starter McCord didn’t get as much grief from those morons he just didn’t beat Michigan then immediately moved on.
Is this serious? Stroud threw for 348 and 4 TDs with no turnovers and led them to 41 pts against the best defense in the country but their kicker missed a makeable kick to win the game. Read a lot of silly/dumb things here but that one is wild.

We all have seen the issues at OL. Trust me, HCFB is aware. It's 12/15/2023, if we haven't seen it addressed 9 months from now then we can worry. It will get addressed. I'm incredibly confident it will

Well, when you put it that way…

We all have seen the issues at OL. Trust me, HCFB is aware. It's 12/15/2023, if we haven't seen it addressed 9 months from now then we can worry. It will get addressed. I'm incredibly confident it will
Yeah I don't disagree. Plenty of time. I think as stated we are seeing talent upgrades happening at every position group and just stating while that's great, there's work to do on the oline.

What up with Tully tenders? I had em a handful of times, and err... umm...

Dome filled with Dino BBQ? Alrighty then. ;-)
1000001529.gif

The man said: "We will run the ball, and stop the run".
I think he's more than aware of the importance of the OL, on either side of the ball. All faith in HCFB.

I'm pretty sure Hay was a bonafide starter the whole year. He was a JUCO transfer from Nassau CC where John Anselmo coached. Hay was good enough to be signed as an UDFA by the Saints but got cut. I think a young Hickey filled in for Justin those 4 games and rotated in and out at guard when Justin came back. By the next year, Hickey was a starter for the rest of his career.
Hickey moved back to RT when Pugh came back, and Ivan Foy I think filled in at RT

Not to dogpile, but this take is really off.

Harrison was clocked at 22.2 MPH during a game this fall - the fastest clocking in college football. He is on Feldman's Freak Athlete list. Scouts are predicting a sub 4.4 40 time. No one is "wondering" about his speed.
Actually Peyton Wilson of NC St was clocked at 23.4 mph.

Maybe we can even replicate the Jersey aromas. The smell of raw sewage and gasoline will warm the heart.
Lol. I would question why you are hanging around those areas of NJ.

Btw, every state that has people has sewage and gasoline ( and I know you're just going for a cheap laugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom