Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

I like this
1671640534942.jpeg

My opinion...if it's SU, he should tell Beck now. If SU doesn't know until Friday its inconsiderate of him regardless which school he chooses. I'm not a fan of game playing
I think he is honestly still trying to decide. It could be he is waiting on NIL offers as part of that decision.

Just out of curiosity, why do you view this favorably?

If he was sticking with his commitment to SU, why would he need extra time? Doesn't that imply that he's considering SC?

Or a I interpreting that too literally?
Because all momentum over weekend/all star game, etc was that he was flipping to USC. Additionally the CBs and “insider predictions” rolled in yesterday that he was signing with USC. You’d think all of that forward momentum would’ve pushed it across finish line. Maybe he is taking a step back to review the entire process.

My personal opinion is that he has already decided to flip, has the NIL deal in place and waiting to sign at ceremony so that it doesn’t leak sooner. Will also be a bigger deal being done in SC, in front of of SC family and school. It will be a big celebration for them. Also, Syracuse never ever wins these situations. They always end up as a bridesmaid. Hope I’m wrong.

Because all momentum over weekend/all star game, etc was that he was flipping to USC. Additionally the CBs and “insider predictions” rolled in yesterday that he was signing with USC. You’d think all of that forward momentum would’ve pushed it across finish line. Maybe he is taking a step back to review the entire process.

My personal opinion is that he has already decided to flip, has the NIL deal in place and waiting to sign at ceremony so that it doesn’t leak sooner. Will also be a bigger deal being done in SC, in front of of SC family and school. It will be a big celebration for them. Also, Syracuse never ever wins these situations. They always end up as a bridesmaid. Hope I’m wrong.
He could just be trying to leverage more NIL but I don't think so. He has been planning on having his signing ceremony on Friday for several days now for whatever reason. I think he decided signing today doesn't help bring any suspense and excitement for that day. If he signs today then everyone knows. He wants to have a fun signing day.

I really want it to be Syracuse, but now my brain is telling me that not letting anyone know makes me think it could be USC as that big surprise in his home state would be big for that signing day moment and give a big positive reaction from attendees. Subtlety leaking it out before, if it is Syracuse would probably be a wise move to no let all of the home crowd down right at the big moment.

Lets just get this over already...Ugh.

The second part was a bit of a stretch.
Confused. Which comment was a bit of a stretch?

The part in my first post which said there are 5 players already on the roster or the part where Go responded that he is pretty sure there are already players from SC on the roster?

Just out of curiosity, why do you view this favorably?

If he was sticking with his commitment to SU, why would he need extra time? Doesn't that imply that he's considering SC?

Or a I interpreting that too literally?
My feeling is that maybe, just maybe he got swept up in all the local pressure to flip and was ready to do so today. However when it came time to pull the trigger he wanted to think on it for another couple of days. Could be wrong but it’s completely plausible.

Why is this good?
Like I said above, no one knows of this is good or bad. One plausible explanation is he got all caught up with the pressure from the SC players at the all star game to flip, was ready to do so but when it came time to sign today he wanted a couple more days to think about it. You, nor I have any real idea whether it’s a good thing. Just a theory considering we are dealing with people at this age.

That is sad. The mother just walks off saying nothing leaving her son there and then you have perhaps the most oblivious guy on the planet interviewing the kid. The interviewer is a complete dipschit. On what is supposed to be that young mans day, both the mom and interviewer that up. Good for the folks that circled the young man and provided support.
Yes. Bless this young man. It is his life to live not his mom’s and the decision should be his.

I don’t think the date has anything to do with his decision. Maybe that’s the only time the school can have the ceremony and he wants to have his moment then. To me the delay to Friday means nothing. I’m sure he knows where he is going .

Perhaps Beck convinced him to give it a couple more days to make sure he's absolutely sure so LaNorris is giving him that courtesy. But in the end, he's still likely SC's.

That is sad. The mother just walks off saying nothing leaving her son there and then you have perhaps the most oblivious guy on the planet interviewing the kid. The interviewer is a complete dipschit. On what is supposed to be that young mans day, both the mom and interviewer that up. Good for the folks that circled the young man and provided support.

Don't take it like that. There's a lot more to the story. It was all for show and fun and games.

It feels like his heart is in SC (understandably) yet he feels obligated to come here. In this new era of the transfer portal, do we really even want someone who possibly doesn’t fully want to be here and isn’t going to play next season anyway?

We have our 4 star backup already in waiting.

Last edited:
It feels like his heart is in SC (understandably) yet he feels obligated to come here. In this new era of the transfer portal, do we really even want someone who possibly doesn’t fully want to be here and isn’t going to place next season anyway?

We have our 4 star backup already in waiting.

I think his heart is in South Carolina and his gut is telling him Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom