Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

This is literally the recruiting equivalent of diving at an opponent’s knees, or at least attempting to.
That was similar to my initial thinking as well. But I think they know they aren’t getting him now. I bet they may be offering as a way to talk to him and hopefully put themselves in a better position for a future transfer opportunity. Recruiting is a bit different these days.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen Friday, but gets delayed until February, as alluded to above.

If there is doubt, why rush it? You can extend your window and give yourself time.

If you are sure where you want to go, end it this week.

He's a good, if he sticks with us, that we will be rerecruiting every year.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen Friday, but gets delayed until February, as alluded to above.

If there is doubt, why rush it? You can extend your window and give yourself time.

If you are sure where you want to go, end it this week.

He's a good, if he sticks with us, that we will be rerecruiting every year.
He’s a January enrollee, no? February doesn’t work.

Yeah this won’t come as any surprise and it’s to be expected big state U 90 miles from home, I think I’d be more shocked at this point if he didn’t flip. And if he does it will suck from a perception standpoint but I won’t so much as we shrug my shoulders

Nothing in the podcast is new though it’s all stuff we’re all saying, hometown school and everyone’s in his ear
Agree. It’s more about perception than anything else. I would like to see Beck start off with a bang.

Players always tweet out their offers, it’s a clout thing
I think some HS coaches make their players make a tweet for each offer they receive as a sign of appreciation and respect for the institution that made the offer.

Even if there is no way in the world the player would seriously consider going there.

Personally, I think it is a good practice and it reflects well on the player, provided their tweet is genuinely appreciative.

I hope he stays committed ...but am more concerned that most recent committments (juco , etc ) are from players who have no ranking and offers from D2 schools at best ...and we are at the bottom of the ACC by a mile in recruiting!

I hope he stays committed ...but am more concerned that most recent committments (juco , etc ) are from players who have no ranking and offers from D2 schools at best ...and we are at the bottom of the ACC by a mile in recruiting!
Who cares about rating? I do to a certain extent, but if they can play and fit our system, that is the important thing.

National writer posted article on 2 4 7 stating he thinks SC is in strong position to flip him. Not anything we didn’t know already, unfortunately.

We have very good players committed to the program this cycle. You need to look at the totality of the group likely signing Wed. We have former top 300 players in the mix. We also have some high school talent that is really impressive.

To each his own, but I am strangely confident that this class will punch above its weight class. And I am talking mostly about the HS kids. I also believe that SU's portal efforts/results have been solid. Rating don't mean "nothing," but they have an inherent bias. Look at the offers and look at the film. We nabbed some good-looking players.

Nothing new. Syracuse isn’t going to be out most P5 schools for recruits so they’re going to end up toward the bottom for of the rankings. They have been able to find and develop some quality under-the-radar players so shouldn’t be too much a concern. Right now the goal is get in as many big bodies as possible on the DL and refill the skill positions via the portal.

I don't blame him. SC was about the only offer that could have made a difference, and unfortunately it did. Last minute NIL deals don't hurt either, I don't care what anyone says.

I don't blame him. SC was about the only offer that could have made a difference, and unfortunately it did. Last minute NIL deals don't hurt either, I don't care what anyone says.

yep deck was definitely stacked.

We offered when no one else did; when he was down with an injury’ where was S Carolina then. Now they are hot to get him when they couldn’t recruit a quality QB.
QB is a leadership position and loyalty is a quality to be admired in a leader,
It’s LaNorris’s decision and his choice will reveal his values.
He can learn his position from one of the brightest minds in QB coaching in college or a failed NFL coordinator.
All we can do is wait and see what he values’ I am hoping that he is a young man who values his word.
We will soon know.

We offered when no one else did; when he was down with an injury’ where was S Carolina then. Now they are hot to get him when they couldn’t recruit a quality QB.
QB is a leadership position and loyalty is a quality to be admired in a leader,
It’s LaNorris’s decision and his choice will reveal his values.
He can learn his position from one of the brightest minds in QB coaching in college or a failed NFL coordinator.
All we can do is wait and see what he values’ I am hoping that he is a young man who values his word.
We will soon know.
While I mostly agree, can you imagine the pressure this young man is under. I couldn't fault him for flipping. I really hope he stays true to his commitment, but none of us know what he is going through right now.

While I mostly agree, can you imagine the pressure this young man is under. I couldn't fault him for flipping. I really hope he stays true to his commitment, but none of us know what he is going through right now.
Yes, he’s under pressure which all QB’s must face, on a daily basis, for their entire careers. Getting chased by nasty Huge DL men is massive pressure.

Leaders rise to the occasion despite pressure. I wish him good luck!

Last edited:
The bottom of the ACC is usually where SU's recruits are ranked, yet somehow we came in 3rd in our division. I guess ranking kids before they play a down of college football isn't an exact science.

Did I miss something? Did he already de-commit or are folks just mentally prepping for what is perceived as the inevitable? Not saying he can't flip but it's not a forgone conclusion he will flip.
My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who read on a USC message board that it's pretty serious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom