Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

ok. well, i told ya so. if you read the thread. if i'm wrong, and he has a reverse change of heart. i'll be ecstatic. and you can point and laugh, and i'll laugh with you, at me.
Just because you picked the negative side of a 50/50 and acted like you had insider info and you likely didn't, you got backlash. You apparently picked right and you want to come back and gloat about it? We could do with less fans like you.

Hopefully him using the QB gif means that Reno kid is reclassifying to 2023 and not LaNorris telling him he’s signing.
That one even has me throwing in the towel. Guess the relationship with mom and dad was stronger than the relationship with Coach Beck. Don’t respect taking two months from getting the SC offer and stringing Beck along, but we will survive

Before the offer when SC was sniffing around, I said if they offer, that's bad. He grew up an SC fan and it'd be the one offer to be worried about. And people brushed that off. Followed Beck to two schools yada yada. I'm a Syracuse fan, but sure, be a clown baby and throw a fit.

Why don’t you just say a big SC fan told you like you posted a couple weeks ago?

I almost kind of wish the verbal commitment wasn’t a thing, just sign when your ready to commit.

Not going to get upset over a 17yo wanting to stay home; imagine a CNY kid getting recruited hard by Syracuse after verbally committing elsewhere? That pull is practically impossible to withstand.

I have my own thoughts about making promises and not keeping them from a moral standpoint, but the counter argument to that is that this entire infrastructure is extremely difficult for a HS student to begin with.

Personally as a fan I’ll guard my heart with verbal commits and not get too excited til they actually sign.

What the hell is everybody so worked up over? This is football. A freaking game.

Because (assuming he flips) it’s disappointing to have had this kid verballed for 9 months, only for him to bail at the last minute.

We’ll be a better team with him, than without.
Even if he likely wouldn’t see the field until 2024.

Because (assuming he flips) it’s disappointing to have had this kid verballed for 9 months, only for him to bail at the last minute.

We’ll be a better team with him, than without.
Even if he likely wouldn’t see the field until 2024.
I agree on all counts, I would love for him to come to Syracuse. And, I will be disappointed if he doesn't. But, I just don't understand the anger.

I hope he stays committed ...but am more concerned that most recent committments (juco , etc ) are from players who have no ranking and offers from D2 schools at best ...and we are at the bottom of the ACC by a mile in recruiting!
HS rankings aren't so important for portal or JUCO transfers because a lot of them have proven themselves on the field at a level beyond HS and they have often developed their bodies to "grown-@$$ man" level, that may have impacted their HS ranking.

I mean, you are on a college football message board where folks are following recruiting. It’s not strange when you think about it.
It's not uncommon, but that doesn't mean it isn't strange. At least to me.

Well maybe we can flip Reno from them. He is from Massachusetts and goes to school 4 hours away from Syracuse.

Hit the portal next year, will make it a 3 way battle for the QB spot after Shredder leaves.

Is what it is. such is life recruiting with the big dogs and Dino is wearing milkbone underwear and I am not blaming anyone at Syracuse for any of this. It happens

Actually after all the time Beck spent recruiting Sellers, including staying with him through the injury.
If he goes to SC, and decides to portal, the school shouldn't rerecruit him.
Isn't that where that work will have paid off, if he decides not to come here straight out of high school?

I agree on all counts, I would love for him to come to Syracuse. And, I will be disappointed if he doesn't. But, I just don't understand the anger.
I'm disappointed if we don't land Sellers. I can't say I'm angry at Sellers if he changed his mind. But it is disappointing it would come down to a last second flip by him after our guys recruited him so long. You would think he would stick afer saying he was 60% plus Syracuse last week and not change his mind the last second so that is frustrating. And its not like he just got this USC offer. This makes me think last minute money is likely involved. But if so, that is the recruiting world we live in.

My anger is directed mostly toward a poster who wants to come on the thread and say, see i told you so. That reaction just makes no sense to me.

Just because you picked the negative side of a 50/50 and acted like you had insider info and you likely didn't, you got backlash. You apparently picked right and you want to come back and gloat about it? We could do with less fans like you.
Dude...not the first time he/she has been right. Why do we always do this? Good grief.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom