Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Sorry. Can someone remind me what time the announcement is tomorrow?

If he wanted to sign with SU, he would have signed with SU. If he wanted to sign with SC, he would have signed with SC.

I assume he is merely sitting back and letting the bidding war run to conclusion. Yeah, SC is his lifelong favorite, yeah, SU has been there for him through sickness and health. But to quote the late prophet Michael Corleone “it’s not personal. it’s strictly business.” He holds all the cards, it is most certainly a tough decision, and in the end some school is going to buy his services. Given the fact that he has not already signed with SU after many months of being 100% committed followed by increasingly lower percentages of commitment, I’m not hopeful. Also, given that the SEC has a head start of many decades in its expertise in buying players, we are neophytes by comparison.

Then again, given what the new era of what recruiting, the portal, etc has become, I don’t hold my breath over any of it. The kid that the coach debases himself for and the fans work themselves into coronaries over can never arrive in the first place or he can leave early. it Is no longer a program, it’s “who shows up this year.”
Another scenario is that he is torn between his relationship with Beck and the commitment he made and very recent opportunity to play at home

Another scenario is that he is torn between his relationship with Beck and the commitment he made and very recent opportunity to play at home
This is my perception too, wants to play for SC but feels obligated to SU.

Kid has a lot of things to weigh. It is what it is. Seems like he’s trying to make a choice that’s best for him. Can’t fault him for that.

I want him here, but he should feel no obligation to anyone. It’s a dog eat dog world out there.
Not gonna lie, NIL money (or sign on money I should say) combined with the power of compound interest given his age is a potential fortune. Like NFL fortune if invested wisely and not touched for 40 years.

Sure, that is the obvious scenario but I also don’t believe that either school is going to sit back and allow it to be solely about that. They are going to throw significant resources into getting him.

Your familiar with shirt worlds history right and the enormous thread about them on the bball board? I mean the owner hasn't donated a dime to the university in decades and he "allegedly" pulls bait and switches with his clothing offers. There's a better chance of Schiano donating to the NIL fund or setting up a deal with Sellers.
Good use of quotes for allegedly. No bigger dirt bag businessman in Syracuse than him. First hand knowledge.

I think it's the opposite, wants to play for Beck/Babers and SU but feels incredible pressure and obligation to stay home.
That’s absolutely fair as well, good point.

I just have trouble seeing a young kid getting an auditorium full of SC fans together so he can tell them he’s going to Syracuse. Slim and none and slim just left town and I’m one of the more optimistic ones on the board, having said that I don’t think it’s devastating news at all .
That's why I asked the question I did a page back. I don't see him gathering the student body together to tell them he's headed north. I too had remained optimistic for as long as I could, but that scenario I just can't buy.

Let's say he does commit to SC. His game certainly seems to fit what we do better than what they do, and they already have QBs that fit their system better. What are we setting the O/U on how long it takes them to try to convince him to make a pos. change?

That's why I asked the question I did a page back. I don't see him gathering the student body together to tell them he's headed north. I too had remained optimistic for as long as I could, but that scenario I just can't buy.

Eh there are other reasons why I think he flipped, but this doesn’t move the needle. He is signing in front of friends and family basically. What are they going to do? Boo him if he signs with ‘Cuse? Haha :)

Let's say he does commit to SC. His game certainly seems to fit what we do better than what they do, and they already have QBs that fit their system better. What are we setting the O/U on how long it takes them to try to convince him to make a pos. change?

This is why, IF he chooses USC, they'll wish him well, say not to lose our number and stay in touch.

Recruiting doesn't end after first choice. Plenty of people get married a second time nowadays. Portal means second school is the one you really love after your initial mistake.

Last edited:
I just have trouble seeing a young kid getting an auditorium full of SC fans together so he can tell them he’s going to Syracuse. Slim and none and slim just left town and I’m one of the more optimistic ones on the board, having said that I don’t think it’s devastating news at all .
Maybe the majority of kids are Clemson fans?

Not gonna lie, NIL money (or sign on money I should say) combined with the power of compound interest given his age is a potential fortune. Like NFL fortune if invested wisely and not touched for 40 years.
It would be dwarfed by the money gained by potentially moving up, say 15 spots in the draft because you played in a system that was a perfect fit and you rocked it. Not to mention if you porta because it wasn't working, you likely defer NFL earnings for another year.

Wouldn't he be the $1,000,000 guy? Could/ would SC offer more? Beck and $1,000,000. Fight me.
I think the one million guy has to be a five star, Sellers is 4 star. We already have one of those as our backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom