Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Interesting situation all around here. Fact of the matter is outside of Scott we have 4 QBs lined up for next season and ALL of them have major question marks. Dungey's health, Wilson's skills and overall lack of development, Culpepper coming off a torn ACL, and Mahoney who seems less suited for Dinoball than I am. Need at minimum one more body here and Scott brings athleticism that can translate to other positions if the stars align and we don't need him at QB.

BTW, looking at the 4 I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Wilson move up the depth chart and hopefully be a viable backup to a healthy Dungey while Culpepper gets his feet back under him. Seems like he is a much better fit in the new system.

3,000+ yards passing
2,000 (roughly, actually fell just shy) yards rushing
61 total touchdowns
64% completions
5 INT

All against the highest level of competition in a very good football state.

That's the big reason I'm still hoping the staff decides to take a much longer look at Lindsey. Those numbers are absolutely video game numbers. We'll see how it shakes out, though.

Interesting situation all around here. Fact of the matter is outside of Scott we have 4 QBs lined up for next season and ALL of them have major question marks. Dungey's health, Wilson's skills and overall lack of development, Culpepper coming off a torn ACL, and Mahoney who seems less suited for Dinoball than I am. Need at minimum one more body here and Scott brings athleticism that can translate to other positions if the stars align and we don't need him at QB.

BTW, looking at the 4 I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Wilson move up the depth chart and hopefully be a viable backup to a healthy Dungey while Culpepper gets his feet back under him. Seems like he is a much better fit in the new system.
Good post. Unless Culpepper is another frosh phenom like Dungey, I see him redshirting. Babers will probably like Wilson's arm and will probably have little use for Mahoney (unfortunately).

3,000+ yards passing
61 total touchdowns
64% completions
5 INT

That's the big reason I'm still hoping the staff decides to take a much longer look at Lindsey.
Those numbers are absolutely video game numbers. We'll see how it shakes out, though.

THIS. Dear sweet baby Jeebus - THIS.

IF we don't need him/he doesn't work out at QB, he's smart and athletic, and a winner.
He surely could move to another position (RB/WR) and contribute there.

Let's hope we have the happy problem of having the next McNabb & Kevin Johnson here, with Lindsey and ED/Rex/QB to be named later.

Crusty said:
Good post. Unless Culpepper is another frosh phenom like Dungey, I see him redshirting. Babers will probably like Wilson's arm and will probably have little use for Mahoney (unfortunately).

Not so sure.

The Dino offense requires accurate, crisp passing in tight spaces.

I actually thought Mahoney was a little better at that than Dungey.

Well, two now actually. 4 decommits, 2 commits. But I'd be surprised if we don't get up to 4 commits sooner than later. Maybe more.
Or maybe more,
3,000+ yards passing
61 total touchdowns
64% completions
5 INT

That's the big reason I'm still hoping the staff decides to take a much longer look at Lindsey. Those numbers are absolutely video game numbers. We'll see how it shakes out, though.
2 or 3 inches taller and we would not be having this conversation.

Not so sure.

The Dino offense requires accurate, crisp passing in tight spaces.

I actually thought Mahoney was a little better at that than Dungey.

I actually agree on Mahoney, we may be the only ones in that boat.

for 2,000 (roughly, actually fell just shy) yards rushing
61 total touchdowns
64% completions
5 INT

That's the big reason I'm still hoping the staff decides to take a much longer look at Lindsey. Those numbers are absolutely video game numbers. We'll see how it shakes out, though.[/QUOTE]

I believe they should RS him his first year so he can get totally healthy and back to top conditioning and study and memorize the play book inside and out so he is ready to compete and challenge for the quarterback position by his sophomore year.:cool:

Agreed, I'm pretty confident that Mahoney's time to shine gas come and gone. His throwing ability is sub par. Great kid, great story, but he's not going to get us to the places we'd like to go.

Crusty said:
Mahoney completed 46.2% of his passes. Don't think he has a chance. Not even in the same league with Dungey on deep passes.

Agree. Dungey much better on deep passes. But I thought Mahoney had the edge on short passes.

Agreed, I'm pretty confident that Mahoney's time to shine gas come and gone. His throwing ability is sub par. Great kid, great story, but he's not going to get us to the places we'd like to go.
I'd love for Mahoney and for Lester, if Lester gets an OC job at like a D2 school, or maybe FCS, and Mahoney transfers and challenges for the starting job.

Agreed...I have no issue if he wants to stay at Cuse as a walk-on and compete for a scholie...if his goal is coaching then SU is great spot to learn an offense that is in demand. I don't think he is staying at SU for the academic major.

Agreed...I have no issue if he wants to stay at Cuse as a walk-on and compete for a scholie...if his goal is coaching then SU is great spot to learn an offense that is in demand. I don't think he is staying at SU for the academic major.
That's an excellent point. If Mahoney does want to be a coach (no idea if he does or not), it'd be a hell of an on the job learning experience getting the Baylor/Babers system ingrained in you as a QB every day in practice. He could become a hot offensive coaching commodity in a hurry.

Sour grapes , or you can't see that.

upload_2015-12-14_22-41-4.jpeg

jekelish said:
What fortuitous timing: a former big time coach admits that sometimes coaches do make mistakes in recruiting: 676163710763724800 Look - I don't know how this will all play out. But let's not put coaches under the umbrella of "they can do no wrong because they are coaches!" It's a false narrative.

I totally agree with this, but it's weird to see some certain people (not you) post in this thread who seem to have done a total 180 in their whole "trust the coach", "don't be negative" narrative. It seems like they actually do have opinions and they are finally coming to the surface. It's ok to have been a Shafer supporter, but hiding behind the I'm a better fan than you because I'm always positive seems to turned right around on them.