Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

The family will be in Florida, I am trying to talk my wife into going

Holy moly there are a lot of big time players in the Senior Bowl! Lindsey is one of 7 QB's that are going, the others are committed to Arizona, MSU, Miami, Alabama, USCe, and Memphis. Pretty good company if you ask me.

Edit: Also, every one are 4* guys except Scott and the Memphis QB.

Holy moly there are a lot of big time players in the Senior Bowl! Lindsey is one of 7 QB's that are going, the others are committed to Arizona, MSU, Miami, Alabama, USCe, and Memphis. Pretty good company if you ask me.

Edit: Also, every one are 4* guys except Scott and the Memphis QB.
Yeah, but how tall are they?

And which QB won Gatorade POY not once but twice for the "whole" state of Louisiana? :bat:

And which QB won Gatorade POY not once but twice for the "whole" state of Louisiana? :bat:
He only won the Gatorade POTW once, just in case we're getting into semantics.

I prefer the Jeopardy phrasing.
A. The reigning Gatorade POY in Louisiana.
Q. Who is Lindsey Scott Jr., Alex?

On that roster is uncommitted DL from St. Peters berg, Fla. Jon DeVries; anyone have any information on his recruitment?

Last edited by a moderator:
On that roster is uncommitted DL from St. Peters berg, Fla. Jon DeVries; anyone have any information on his recruitment?

I can only find Hudl highlights etc. the kid must not be getting much attention to this point. I can't find a profile on the major sites.

The pessimistic interpretation of that semi-vague clip was the statement of fact ["I committed to Syracuse"], with the unspoken elephant in the room being that it wasn't an affirmation that he'd still be going there, that the new coaching staff was honoring his scholarship, etc.

The optimistic interpretation [which is where I lean after watching that] is that this kid is firmly committed, and actually wanted to announce it on ESPN.

If the latter is true [fingers crossed], it is a huge get, IMO, for the staff to retain this kid. Something tells me that Lindsey Scott is going to have a huge career at SU.

Last edited:
Like what I saw, BUT, there's no doubt his height can be a hinderance. He looked much smaller than most of the players out there. That said, he can play.

The pessimistic interpretation of that semi-vague clip was the statement of fact ["I committed to Syracuse"], with the unspoken elephant in the room being that it wasn't an affirmation that he'd still be going there, that the new coaching staff was honoring his scholarship, etc.

The optimistic interpretation [which is where I lean after watching that] is that this kid is firmly committed, and actually wanted to announce it on ESPN.

If the latter is true [fingers crossed], it is a huge get, IMO, for the staff to retain this kid. Something tells me that Lindsey Scott is going to have a huge career at SU.
I thought that he was just confused she asked him that question since it was already public he was going to SU so he was caught offguard.

I thought that he was just confused she asked him that question since it was already public he was going to SU so he was caught offguard.
Agreed. There didn't seem to be much research done into who was committed and where. The broadcasters seemed to be under the impression Tisdale was still a Florida commit, for example.