Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

PhatOrange said:
go read the Heckel thread to see the difference between a kid they wanted to keep versus one they didn't. Dec 8 he talked to Babers, Lewis and Lynch and scheduled an in-home visit for Dec 9. I haven't looked at the Culpepper timeline but I imagine it's similar.

That's too black and white. It's not one list of kids to keep and one to get rid of - it's ranking them in order of importance and fit.

The only thing we can say for certain is that they like Culpepper better than Scott at the position. And that they liked Brown and Modster more too.

721Comstock said:
Yes. Are SU's 2016 recruits #20-25 going to be their state's Gatorade POY and an AA as an Athlete? Uh, no.

Position and fit matters.

They might very well have the 20th player on their commitment list higher than Scott (QB).

721Comstock said:
Hence why I said Dungey may be 1 hit away from being DQ'd. He is - at most - 2 bad hits away from a DQ. I sincerely hope that Dungey has an amazing 2016, destroys all SU's passing records, and leads us to a nice bowl win. While Wilson or Mahoney backs him up as needed (ideally at the end of blowout SU wins), and Rex gets to RS. And we never miss Lindsey, and he goes on to have a nice career at Tulane or Purdue. And then we recruit 1-2 stud 4-5* QB's next year. And each year thereafter.

The "3 and done" policy does not exist like you think it does. Severity matters.

Anthony Brown = old staff
Davon Modster = Yes
Gunnar Hoak = I missed him
Josh Jackson = old staff

Never saw an offer for Kyle Allen, I saw some of our coaches following him on tweeter
We didn't send out a ton of QB offers maybe 3-4 at the very most is my point

You can't just say "Old Staff". The old staff may have originally offered them, but when Dino and his staff took over, they decided to re-engage them and pursue them.

Maybe Babers will still pursue and fight to get a recommitment? Interesting to see if Babers follows up with a trip to Scotts home next week. Any chance?

You can't just say "Old Staff". The old staff may have originally offered them, but when Dino and his staff took over, they decided to re-engage them and pursue them.
I can say old staff because that's where the offer came from. No proof of anything else.

Here's my thing on this situation: Bowling Green's uber QB was only 6' and 220 lbs as a senior. He was all state Pennsylvania from McDevitt who played in the Big 33 game. I'd seen Maryland's posters were ripping on Edsall because old Randy whiffed on bringing him in b/c he thought he was too short. Maryland was crushed by BGSU. It's not like Dino hadn't made his system work with a similar type of QB.

Here's my thing on this situation: Bowling Green's uber QB was only 6' and 220 lbs as a senior. He was all state Pennsylvania from McDevitt who played in the Big 33 game. I'd seen Maryland's posters were ripping on Edsall because old Randy whiffed on bringing him in b/c he thought he was too short. Maryland was crushed by BGSU. It's not like Dino hadn't made his system work with a similar type of QB.
He had offers from BGSU, Temple, and Miami (OH) can't really blame Edsall for passing. I get it though as we would have done the same thing to whatever coached passed :)

I can say old staff because that's where the offer came from. No proof of anything else.

You're right. Babers and Lewis deciding to contact and publically pursue those players was "solely" because the old staff offered them. :crazy:

You're right. Babers and Lewis deciding to contact and publically pursue those players was "solely" because the old staff offered them. :crazy:
That's exactly what I said...good job. You win congrats you have the knowledge of exactly what the staff was doing, congrats sir and well played

I guess Dino doesn't think he can turn Scott into Matt Jones.

I guess Dino doesn't think he can turn Scott into Matt Jones.
Matt Jones the 6'6" former University of Arkansas QB turned NFL WR for 4 season?
Or do you mean Matt Johnson QB of BGSU?

Big assumption that our results will be better in 2016. Especially if #1 and 2 QB go down, then we are looking at a crappie season again and absolutely zero to crow about in the recruiting game for 2017.

Pretty sure any football team at any level is in big trouble if their #1 & 2 QBs go down save for maybe Ohio State this year.

Pretty sure any football team at any level is in big trouble if their #1 & 2 QBs go down save for maybe Ohio State this year.

Right about that. Cost our staff their jobs with the same thing happening the last two years.

Scott is 5- 8 or 5 -9 and he's a power run QB. He'd fit in Lester's system, BC, Temple or OSU style offense much better.

He would never play here as a first choice.

I think the part that annoyed me was "And honestly, I hope Mr. Scott proves them wrong, no matter where he goes"

Really? Care that much about a kid who you haven't met, who isn't coming here anymore? So if he goes to Rutgers, you hope he is awesome?

That's when you have to take a couple steps backwards from the recruiting ledge. Unless, of course, he has a personal relationship with the kid.

So, your saying it's not okay to root for the kids? Are they just pieces of meat? Use as you see fit and toss out?

Yes, I hope he does well. I hope all the kids do well, even the one's that don't go to SU. I may root against other schools, but I don't root against the kids, certainly not one who has shown to be smart, articulate & respectful. The kids are just trying to do what they love, and maybe if they are lucky & work hard, they might some day get paid to do what they love.

The world isn't black & white, there doesn't have to just be winners & losers. Babers & Co. didn't like the kid. They have that choice and decision to make. But with SU's current QB situation, I think it is fair to express major concerns with the QB numbers, especially considering SU's recent QB injury issues. As an SU fan, I want the team to be as successful as possible, and I think another QB recruit is very important to have this year. The past two years has shown that kids who you may never expect to play, have a way of ending up being very important at times.

And for the record, He does have P5 offers, UMD, Rutgers & Tulane. And he will probably have at least a Purdue offer as well. Sure, UMD & Purdue are likely due to Shafer & Lester, but they are still valid offers from P5 coaches, people whose jobs it is to evaluate talent, which is more than can be said for any of us.

And for the record, He does have P5 offers, UMD, Rutgers & Tulane. And he will probably have at least a Purdue offer as well. Sure, UMD & Purdue are likely due to Shafer & Lester, but they are still valid offers from P5 coaches, people whose jobs it is to evaluate talent, which is more than can be said for any of us.

That's pretty typical for fringe kids the last couple of weeks of recruiting. Schools start scrambling to fill out their classes so the B list kids start getting offers.

MD and Rutgirls have offered a dozen QBs in the last week. Rumor is Haskins to Ohio State as early as this evening.

That's pretty typical for fringe kids the last couple of weeks of recruiting. Schools start scrambling to fill out their classes so the B list kids start getting offers.

MD and Rutgirls have offered a dozen QBs in the last week. Rumor is Haskins to Ohio State as early as this evening.
Nailed the Haskins day! Nice