Class of 2014 - QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia

I am. you can choose to consider him whatever you want... one good season vs scrub teams doesnt equate to a game changer to me.

how many 10 win season did he lead us to again? Right...
Oh my God. You can't be serious? Tom Brady couldn't have led the Orange to 10 win seasons.

I am. you can choose to consider him whatever you want... one good season vs scrub teams doesnt equate to a game changer to me.

how many 10 win season did he lead us to again? Right...

Because of course a QB is completely responsible for how many games your team wins and losses.

In the words of Diamond Joe Quimby, after Rex Banner got catapulted out of Springfield, "That was unexpected." http://.com/michael-oconnor-is-off-to-the-great-white-north/

Too bad--would have liked to bring him [or O'Korn] in to upgrade he QB talent on hand.

This is pretty clearly an odd move. Will be interesting to see how his career unfolds from here.

Too bad--would have liked to bring him [or O'Korn] in to upgrade he QB talent on hand.

This is pretty clearly an odd move. Will be interesting to see how his career unfolds from here.
It's really perplexing. You would think that a 4-star, Under Armour All-American QB who is 6-5, 225, could have landed just about anywhere. He must have had numerous P5 schools interested. Yet he goes to play Canadian rules football?

Bizarre.

It's really perplexing. You would think that a 4-star, Under Armour All-American QB who is 6-5, 225, could have landed just about anywhere. He must have had numerous P5 schools interested. Yet he goes to play Canadian rules football?

Bizarre.
If I had to guess...maybe he didn't get the level of P5 interest that he expected. It appears that SU wasn't nearly as interested as many on here had hoped. It is entirely possible that the kid isn't as good as the hype surrounding his 4 stars. Again...just a guess.

Very bizarre option. You would think he would prefer the american exposure, we certainly get more tv time. perhaps he wanted to help bolster the Canadian college game, can't blame a kid for wanting to help his home country/region.

RMH44 said:
If I had to guess...maybe he didn't get the level of P5 interest that he expected. It appears that SU wasn't nearly as interested as many on here had hoped. It is entirely possible that the kid isn't as good as the hype surrounding his 4 stars. Again...just a guess.

I'm pretty sure the initial interest in both of the O's was vastly over exaggerated.

Bizarre.
There must be a woman involved somewhere. You know those Canadian women.

We really weren't looking at kids that had to transfer and sit out a year

Then I expect us to have a very strong 2016 QB recruiting class. :)

Pretty sure his recruiting trip to UBC went similarly to this, because I assume this is how everything in Canada works:

"Maybe I can entice you to UBC with this..."
"Oh, I dunno, I've got some big time American football interest."
"...it's a jelly."
"Sold!"

“It helps give us instant recognition,” Nill said. “Right now, I think it’s a bigger story in the U.S. than it is in Canada. One of my sons sent me a tweet that came out of Syracuse that asked ‘How did our program get out-recruited by a program from Canada?’ But this is what our program needs to be successful, and also what it deserves.”

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/0...ks-start-of-nills-ubc-grid-era/#__federated=1

I wonder if by going to Canada he avoids sitting a year?