QB News From Dino | Syracusefan.com

QB News From Dino

BVille44

All Conference
Per Bailey: Syracuse HC Dino Babers said on his radio show tonight that “all 3” of his QBs — presumably Rex Culpepper, JaCobian Morgan and Dillon Markiewicz — have gotten practice reps behind the first-team OL this week. That’s the first time Babers has said Markiewicz has gotten team reps

I called it after last week

Rex will start with a short leash then he will go to Tex

He won't play Morgan until we are backed up against the goal line

What are you thinking is the reason he'd go with Markiewicz over Morgan at this point?
Dino is pretty wrapped up in coach-speak so I have no idea how this is going to shake out.

What are you thinking is the reason he'd go with Markiewicz over Morgan at this point?
Dino is pretty wrapped up in coach-speak so I have no idea how this is going to shake out.
Because is the coach and the fans and media are clamoring for Morgan after his relief duty work

All week he's heard he needs to sit Rex and see what Morgan can do ... Which is why he will do the opposite

So to spite everyone, he will go with Tex to see what he can do before putting in Morgan in a poor spot to start

Because is the coach and the fans and media are clamoring for Morgan after his relief duty work

All week he's heard he needs to sit Rex and see what Morgan can do ... Which is why he will do the opposite

So to spite everyone, he will go with Tex to see what he can do before putting in Morgan in a poor spot to start
Gotta believe Dino is driven by more functional things than spiting your wishes. He's not a syracusefan.com poster, afterall. :)

Do you mean like the Oct, 2018 NC State game?

Gotta believe Dino is driven by more functional things than spiting your wishes. He's not a syracusefan.com poster, afterall. :)
Or is he!

Random thought - Can we train QB’s on reaction and awareness using the Ricky Bobby/Cougar technique, or is that too old school? Maybe Dino will read this because it contains a movie reference. ;)

I don't think Dino can justify Rex anymore, he is a terrible QB really a TE. Dino is stubborn so took him awhile but to watch ints, fumbles, terrible passes even if you know the playbook does. It give you any chance to win, nor develop anyone. Again move Rex to back up TE and emergency QB

He is making decisions to spite everyone? That's the theory? And we have the nerve to have a dumpster fire thread about the stupidity of other fan bases.

I don't think Dino can justify Rex anymore, he is a terrible QB really a TE. Dino is stubborn so took him awhile but to watch ints, fumbles, terrible passes even if you know the playbook does. It give you any chance to win, nor develop anyone. Again move Rex to back up TE and emergency QB
Nothing about Rex's skillset reminds me of a TE. The issue is getting the other two QB's to understand the offense enough so it can function. Its not just about their ability to throw quick game. The offense ability to check into certain run plays and take advantage of mix matches in the pass game depends on the QB knowing the calls. With the run plays, the mesh is very important. QB's footwork, how long he rides or pull it is significant. How you attack the midline determines how the LB's react and RB's reacts off them. I hope to see the freshman's more now that they've had increased reps but we can't hinder the run game just because we selfishly want to see them play. Won't be good for the offense and it can get them hurt.

Do you mean like the Oct, 2018 NC State game?

ha that was something. Kid threw up one prayer of a pass and wanted Dungey out forever. Crazy how everyone forgets his int and the fact Unc guy completely dropped a wide open pass to end the game. Love a good throwback thread

ha that was something. Kid threw up one prayer of a pass and wanted Dungey out forever. Crazy how everyone forgets his int and the fact Unc guy completely dropped a wide open pass to end the game. Love a good throwback thread
Some fans are prone to jump on the next guy band wagon. Infatuated with potential of them being better. It’s like the internet. It can’t lose. Lol

Last edited:
That game was a bad beat for North Carolina. Kid was wide open and tried to score instead of just catching the ball and going down. Game would have been over. To me it evens out with the Pitt game, we should have won that one.

The INT was horrible too.

prolly want to rewatch that one. TD had a bunch of great throws and a bad pick. But that was better than ED in that game - he was just as uneven. Doesn’t fit into narratives but a team win with some luck counts the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom