QB Ryan Nassib eyes backup role in 2014 | Syracusefan.com

QB Ryan Nassib eyes backup role in 2014

if the giants are only keeping 2 qb's, i dont see nassib making it.

if the giants are only keeping 2 qb's, i dont see nassib making it.

too early to say last year ryan gets a free pass because in preseason the oline in front of him was high school caliber so he couldn't show much. This year line should be better and ryan could win the backup job so giants only have to carry 2 qbs

Ryan Nassib, Curtis Painter, and Josh Freeman (backup quarterback)
Since being drafted last year, Ryan Nassib has striven to be the number two quarterback after Eli Manning, however, this season he is going to have some competition. Curtis Painter and Josh Freeman have been signed; this may be due to Nassib’s lack of development or just the pure uncertainty that he will be beneficial.

Nassib was inactive for all 16 regular season games last year so this might be the telltale sign the Giants have little faith in him. Freeman and Painter are going to give Nassib a run for his money so this spot is a definite must-watch. The backup quarterback is a necessity to the team and Nassib might just be out.
http://isportsweb.com/2014/05/25/new-york-giants-positions-watch/

Ryan Nassib

While contact will be limited, it will be interesting to see how Ryan Nassib fits into an offense that has some distinct similarities to that of the one he ran in college. Also, has there been any significant progress in Nassib's ability? Josh Freeman was signed as a free agent and there is little belief it is to be the third-string quarterback. It didn't sit well with Coughlin having to carry three quarterbacks this past season and if Nassib hasn't progressed, and Freeman looks solid, it could be the end of the Syracuse alum.
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/2...fseason-what-to-watch-for-2014-otas-offseason

from what I saw of freeman last year if he beats out nassib it would be a surprise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom