Class of 2018 - QB Will Levis (CT) Verbal to Penn St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Will Levis (CT) Verbal to Penn St

The emoji is for no one under 18 so maybe he is having a birthday party.

Well, that's confusing. No known UK offer... Pineapple symbol of hospitality/home . Easily taken at the CT coast... uconn? Then the 18 crossed out. Staying home for a prep year? All decided for 18?

Or he's just playing with everyone...hah! or even better. It's just a pic. Of him at the beach on his bday... Happy birthday!

Last edited:
I think this picture makes it clear.

Cuse lean.
No... the answer is...

Russell Thompson® @RTB__1 33s34 seconds ago

Replying to @will_levis

Happy birthday bro
1f410.png
1f4af.png

Now that the Amie ship has sailed - I actually like Levis better as a prospect. Not just saying that as a sour grapes post either.
You're not alone.

Now that the Amie ship has sailed - I actually like Levis better as a prospect. Not just saying that as a sour grapes post either.
I don't know who is better. But if DFB loses out on his top 2 QB prospects, something is wrong.

And it ain't DFB.

I don't know who is better. But if DFB loses out on his top 2 QB prospects, something is wrong.

And it ain't DFB.

Naw. If we lose out on a TX kid to a TX school and Levis ends up at an FSU? That wouldn't be a huge shock or signal something wrong with the program. It would be losing a local kid and losing a kid with a NC in the last few years. It happens.

The thing that should be encouraging, is that I trust DFB to find a QB that can play no matter what happens. There isn't a Syracuse coach you can say that about looking back to... um... ever?

Part of the difficulty HCDB and staff are having with recruiting comes down to the won-loss record, not as much last year as the length of time that Syracuse has not been a winning program.
Until they are able to demonstrate that they can win in the ACC, they will struggle to get commitments from the type of players that are game changers.
That is not to say that I don't have faith in this staff to produce. It's just one of the current frustrations and an aspect that only winning will resolve.
My fervent hope is that Cuse Football is able to cobble together enough wins, in 2017, to enable them to go to a bowl. With the schedule that awaits us, that will be a huge challenge.

We didn't offer Levi's for a while ,
Its also a flag that Boston college which fits him better hasn't either , also he group trained with TD a few times and knows first hand TD is that good , would be shocked if he chose us knowing that. We brought in the juco kid as insurance

I like Levis as a QB recruit and feel he would be an asset, should he commit.
Also, I feel that we should be adding quality recruits in each recruiting cycle.
TD being here is only a hindrance for those candidates who fear competition.
What we must produce is a quality OL that can protect the QB and open holes for the run game.
Until we do that, our recruiting of outstanding QB's is limited.

Its also a flag that Boston college which fits him better hasn't either , also he group trained with TD a few times and knows first hand TD is that good , would be shocked if he chose us knowing that. We brought in the juco kid as insurance
Get over yourself.

BC has commits from 2 QB's already in the 2018 class. That probably has as much to do with them not offering him as anything else, especially since he's been a late bloomer as far as recruiting is concerned.

Kid is from CT and has FSU and SEC offers - I think that speaks for itself.

Would be a luxury commit which id love seeing as the increased competition at the QB position should bring out the best from the whole offense.

I can also assume FSU Ole Miss Northwestern, UNC, Iowa have QB's on their roster that are very good. Bottom line, QB prospects cant dodge competiton no matter where they go. This is college football now. Gonna be guys just as good or better. Have to out play them. HS workout partners, camps, ranking means nothing now. I like Levis. He would be a great addition.

I can also assume FSU Ole Miss Northwestern, UNC, Iowa have QB's on their roster that are very good. Bottom line, QB prospects cant dodge competiton no matter where they go. This is college football now. Gonna be guys just as good or better. Have to out play them. HS workout partners, camps, ranking means nothing. I like Levis. He would be a great addition.
Particularly so with regard to QB. Only one sees the field at a time and for an entire game.

I'd imagine he'll pick FSU because he's not as afraid of the two QB's they signed last year.

Bailey Hockman - (O) Alabama, ASU, Georgia, Illinios, Iowa State, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, UNC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech

OR

James Blackman - (O) Illinois, Louisville, Miami, Utah, WVU

I'd be shocked if doesn't pick FSU knowing it's a much easier path to see the field there..

I'd imagine he'll pick FSU because he's not as afraid of the two QB's they signed last year.

Bailey Hockman - (O) Alabama, ASU, Georgia, Illinios, Iowa State, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, UNC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech

OR

James Blackman - (O) Illinois, Louisville, Miami, Utah, WVU

I'd be shocked if doesn't pick FSU knowing it's a much easier path to see the field there..
If he wants to pass the ball a lot, put up gaudy stats and play close to home, he can go to Syracuse, or Penn State. But Moorehead will escape and get a chance as a HC somewhere else for next season, so let's count them out too.

Sir, all I will say to this is, trust me, we all hope your son is that good and more. That said, as a 30+ year fan of the orange, who has suffered through 15 rough years, we want as many great players as possible. It's certainly not us forgetting that TD had faith in the school and is on campus, getting ready for the season. Can't wait to see him play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom