Class of 2021 - QB Xavier Williams (GA) Portal from Charlotte to UCF | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Xavier Williams (GA) Portal from Charlotte to UCF

Visiting UCF this weekend.

Per R*vals. Williams, a Class of 2021 player from Georgia, redshirted his first season and saw action as a reserve in 2022. He played in six games with one start against Maryland, completing 34 of 67 passes for 420 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions. He also rushed 26 times for 108 yards and two scores.

Williams, who grew up in McDonough, Ga. and moved to Moultrie for his senior year, was something of a late bloomer in high school. According to a 2020 Moultrie Observer story from his senior year, Williams entered high school at 5-foot-6 and 130 pounds.

Kid put up some decent numbers against Maryland last year as a RS freshman.
Yeah I think this would be a solid pickup considering the circumstances. However, his old coach from Charlotte who recruited him to there is now with UCF where he’s visiting this weekend.

At Charlotte: A member of the 49ers 10th recruiting class ... signed in December 2020 ... enrolled in January 2021 to take part in spring activities.

2022: Played in six games withone start ... was second on the team in passing: 34-of-67 for 420 yards and two TDs ... completion pct. of .507 ... did have two INTs ... added 26 carries for 108 yards with two TDs ... had team's longest run of season on a 67-yard TD vs. William & Mary ... added a two-yard TD vs. W&M as well ... was 12-of-23 for a career-high 201 yards passing vs. W&M and added the two rushing TDs ... starting assignment vs. Maryland: 19-of-35 (.543) for 191 yards and two TD without an INT ... included his longest pass of the season: a 50-yard connection with Elijah Spencer ... longest TD pass was a 19-yarder to Victor Tucker against Maryland. 2021: Redshirt season

Academics: 2022 C-USA Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll ... Athletic Director's List: Spring 2021

At Colquitt County H.S.: Three-star (247Sports Composite) … helped Packers to a 7-0 quarantine-shortened regular season … won region title … suffered injury that prematurely ended his one season at Colquitt County … completed 73-of-188 passes for 1,085 yards and 14 touchdowns … added 51 rushes for 424 yards (8.3 yds./carry) … five rushing touchdowns … attended Ola High School (McDonough, Ga.) as a junior.

Yeah I think this would be a solid pickup considering the circumstances. However, his old coach from Charlotte who recruited him to there is now with UCF where he’s visiting this weekend.
Hmm yeah that certainly gives them a leg up

Offers since entering the portal are Kent St, UCF and Syracuse
OFFERED> XAVIER WILLIAMS PORTAL FROM CHARLOTTE
# QB 6' 2" 200 / 4.6 40/ SH 4.36 / BP 265/ VJ 34.0/ BJ 10' COL!QUITT CTY HS, MCDONOUGH GA
i

Career Stats​

See All
STATS

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

Last edited:
I dunno, this feels like we're reaching. One positive - Don't think any top '24 qb recruits will be scared off by this addition. Actually, another positive is we will have enough arms to run passing drills at practice.

Garrett’s dad is an awesome dude. Sat by him a few times during games…

He’s orange for life
I remember during the Pinstripe there were some fans that started booing in the first half. I think they were booing the play calling, but either way it was annoying.

His Dad tweeted that it was “suckerish” how the same fans then began to cheer. And said “fight Orange fight”. I remember feeling embarrassed that it seemed like the fans were booing the team. I agree with what he said.

I remember during the Pinstripe there were some fans that started booing in the first half. I think they were booing the play calling, but either way it was annoying.

His Dad tweeted that it was “suckerish” how the same fans then began to cheer. And said “fight Orange fight”. I remember feeling embarrassed that it seemed like the fans were booing the team. I agree with what he said.
We had to play call like that because Yankee field was a literal Ice rink lol. Those fans were probably the NYC alums that never make it up to Cuse.

We had to play call like that because Yankee field was a literal Ice rink lol. Those fans were probably the NYC alums that never make it up to Cuse.
Like Kaiser….

Every fan base does it, for right or wrong.

I dunno, this feels like we're reaching. One positive - Don't think any top '24 qb recruits will be scared off by this addition. Actually, another positive is we will have enough arms to run passing drills at practice.

He had a pretty good game against Maryland, 2 TD’s and no INT. SU isn’t going to pick up a 3 year starter from a B10 school in the portal. So this seems like a solid player to come in as the 3rd string QB. A guy with some experience on the field which is more than we can say for Lamson.

This is a pretty decent offer even if your default is to be negative without doing any analysis.

He had a pretty good game against Maryland, 2 TD’s and no INT. SU isn’t going to pick up a 3 year starter from a B10 school in the portal. So this seems like a solid player to come in as the 3rd string QB. A guy with some experience on the field which is more than we can say for Lamson.

This is a pretty decent offer even if your default is to be negative without doing any analysis.
It's all relative. If this kid was a Morgan replacement, I would be ecstatic. As a Lamson replacement, not so much.

I think this offer is fine.
We are looking for depth, he had a fine game against MD.
It's not like we want him to come in an be our savior.
Would be a nice addition to the QB room to provide some depth and push CDRW.
This 100%

P5 experience as a freshman. Lamson's last competitive action was in 2019. His junior year in HS. What makes Lamson the better 3rd string QB?
This kid could easily start next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom