Q'Final Pick'em | Syracusefan.com

Q'Final Pick'em

outoftownie

2nd String
Big day for the Orange. The boys should just be getting up and ready for team meal at 8am. It has probably changed, and the nutritionists know better, but Slugger always had steak, eggs and pasta on the pregame breakfast menu. I digress, here goes...

Maryland v SU, SU 11-9. On paper, Terps get this one, but I am going with my heart. Solid days from the usual suspects Molloy, Williams, Serg, but also expect back up attack or second mid to have a career day.
Brown v Navy, Brown 17-7. Bruno will roll and they will keep it up in front of the home crowd. They are going to be tough to beat this year. Many who saw the scrimmage at the Ensley said Brown was more talented than SU. Hopefully we can test that theory out next week.
ND v UNC, UNC 13-10. The perennial underachievers finally get it done in the QF. Minimal confidence in this one, but I think nd will be tight and UNC is playing with house money.
Loyola v Towson St, Loyola 9-8. Who would have thought the Battle of Baltimore wouldn't include Hopkins? Such a shame. This is a fight of experienced defense versus young offense. I expect Pat Spencer and the Hounds to advance.

Looking forward to a great weekend of lacrosse. I hope everyone in RI enjoys the game and the tailgate (we are the #1 seed every year in that bracket). I Will be watching the SU game at a bowling alley while my daughter is at her friends birthday party, then to the Dome for the SU WLAX game versus USC. Tomorrow down to Penn Yan for a girl's lax tournament.

Big day for the Orange. The boys should just be getting up and ready for team meal at 8am. It has probably changed, and the nutritionists know better, but Slugger always had steak, eggs and pasta on the pregame breakfast menu. I digress, here goes...

Maryland v SU, SU 11-9. On paper, Terps get this one, but I am going with my heart. Solid days from the usual suspects Molloy, Williams, Serg, but also expect back up attack or second mid to have a career day.
Brown v Navy, Brown 17-7. Bruno will roll and they will keep it up in front of the home crowd. They are going to be tough to beat this year. Many who saw the scrimmage at the Ensley said Brown was more talented than SU. Hopefully we can test that theory out next week.
ND v UNC, UNC 13-10. The perennial underachievers finally get it done in the QF. Minimal confidence in this one, but I think nd will be tight and UNC is playing with house money.
Loyola v Towson St, Loyola 9-8. Who would have thought the Battle of Baltimore wouldn't include Hopkins? Such a shame. This is a fight of experienced defense versus young offense. I expect Pat Spencer and the Hounds to advance.

Looking forward to a great weekend of lacrosse. I hope everyone in RI enjoys the game and the tailgate (we are the #1 seed every year in that bracket). I Will be watching the SU game at a bowling alley while my daughter is at her friends birthday party, then to the Dome for the SU WLAX game versus USC. Tomorrow down to Penn Yan for a girl's lax tournament.
Only one quibble before I don the orange and head out - I'm not sure I see Corrigan and Notre Dame giving up 17 again to UNC. The stars aligned for the Tarholes in that game. I don't see it happening again. Personally, I would love to see them (UNC) lose. Every game. Ever.

Other games? Pretty much agree. I was at Gillette the last time we played MD in that awful display of "lacrosse" a few years ago. The lacrosse gods owe us.

There's usually a blowout somewhere, why not Brown? Esp playing at home.

Loyola/Towson? Both MD teams. Who cares? ;)

SU No point in picking against your heart.
Brown Too much offense.
Notre Dame Comfortably.
Towson A one goal game.

Dylan Molloy sidelined with a broken foot.

Read a second time, talked self off ledge. Dylan, not Evan. Christ that was close. That loss will not matter this week, but will be a big issue next weekend.

Only one quibble before I don the orange and head out - I'm not sure I see Corrigan and Notre Dame giving up 17 again to UNC. The stars aligned for the Tarholes in that game. I don't see it happening again. Personally, I would love to see them (UNC) lose. Every game. Ever.

Other games? Pretty much agree. I was at Gillette the last time we played MD in that awful display of "lacrosse" a few years ago. The lacrosse gods owe us.

There's usually a blowout somewhere, why not Brown? Esp playing at home.

Loyola/Towson? Both MD teams. Who cares? ;)
ND gives up 13, not 17. That would be ludicrous. I just need UNC to win because I am not sure SU can beat ND in the final. I am sure they can beat every other team left, especially with Dylan Molloys broken foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom