Question I'd like to ask Shafer | Syracusefan.com

Question I'd like to ask Shafer

samspann1

Living Legend
1. Why the poor tackling, which has been a staple of D since your days at DC?
2. What was the purpose of the two (?!?!) TOs on our last TD drive of the half?
3. Why the squib kicks, both last week and this week?
4. Do you feel that you're learning from your mistakes as a HC? If so, please give specific instances.

I'm at the point now where I feel that Shafer needs to be fired after the season. If some of the kids leave, so be it. We can't afford to be giving points and plays away week after week due to questionable (at best) coaching decisions.

You need to call into his show on Thursday and ask those. I would love to hear the answers too.

4. Do you feel that you're learning from your mistakes as a HC? If so, please give specific instances.

I'm at the point now where I feel that Shafer needs to be fired after the season. If some of the kids leave, so be it. We can't afford to be giving points and plays away week after week due to questionable (at best) coaching decisions.

He's so damn proud of the kids - they worked their butts off.

Well the AD said he'd look at the effort... this is piss poor effort if you ask me. I think Boullough has been getting his fair share as well. He doesn't adjust and his blitzes aren't as successful. I wouldn't mind a new coach. It worked for Pitt and USC

Every team for the last 5 games knows what blitzes are coming......they have done their homework. Lester and his offense won't cut it in the ACC or FBS. The last 5 games teams have been able to stop it. They know whats coming. We fans have seen it before and we keep on seeing the same again and again and again and again. This is ingrained institutional incompetence. I do not think Coyle will stand for this. I think he has seen enough. Shafer has done all he can to get his and staffs butts fired. Shafer is a nice guy, but, he is dumb as all heck.

You need to call into his show on Thursday and ask those. I would love to hear the answers too.

62292034.jpg

Bravo!

I'd ask him what 2+2 equals. Then I'd ask him how to spell 'cat'. Pretty sure he couldn't answer either correctly. But hey, the guy throws a mean pool party and he says 'hard-nosed' a lot so let's give him an extension!

#IstandwithShafer in the unemployment line

The poor tackling has been an issue for a couple years now, very frustrating.

It's flat out horrendous! Our guys just throwing/lunging themselves vs. wrapping up, etc. The missed tackles on FSU's first touchdown bomb was embarrassing. I watched quite a bit of the Temple/ND game tonight and how, for the most part, Temple defenders were disciplined/sound in their fundamentals relative to tackling and wrapping up.

Did you and the team stay at a Holiday Inn Express Friday night ?

If not, you might want to look into that.

I was going to ask about the time-out and squib kick at the end of the half, too. But that's such an obvious issue I figure we'll already know his answers by then because he will always have given them. I'm thinking about asking why every pass of any length is down the sideline. Why don't we ever throw to the middle of the field, the way Nassib used to do with Lemon all the time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom