Question. What/Why did Kaleb deserve to lose starting spot ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Question. What/Why did Kaleb deserve to lose starting spot ?

I see 6th man more important as 5th starter, always have and always will.

5th stater might get a shot or two in the first 4 minutes grab a steal or rebound and help add to a early lead.
But 6th man has the opportunity to run the offense, shoot 3-4 big shots in a row, and change the tempo of the game and freshen up the team when the five starters are off to a slow start.

Its a privilege to be 5th starter on nba paper, but a congratulations to be 6th man.

He actually was quite productive as a freshman, with per 40 minute numbers right in line with what was to follow the next three years. I believe his minutes were limited by the presence of a pretty good player whose name escapes me. ;)

IF Sherm didn't have some other dude taking all his minutes as a Frosh (what was that guy's name again?), THEN he would likely still be the NCAA all-time leader in assists (he was at the time of his graduation), AND also our all-time leading scorer.

JB almost always goes with the more experienced player over the Frosh.
You know how Boeheim do.

this may in part be JB's bad. he'd had a couple successful frosh in a row and thought the luck might carry over. it didn't.

imo, Gbinije will be best for the team at guard. Starting him at forward doesn't help that any.

He wasn't even starting at the end of last season, because he struggled on both ends of the floor last year.

So coming into this year, he didn't have a starting spot to "lose".

I like his midrange game. Better decision making and better defense, and he could be a solid player for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom