Quick recap of a wonderful weekend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick recap of a wonderful weekend

My only minor complaint about Tiger Stadium: I felt like I was trying to find Waldo every time I wanted to look for the score, down and distance, timeouts left, etc. It needed to be displayed more prominently. Maybe it was just my vantage point.

My fondest memory of the trip will definitely be getting "tiger bait" chanted at us by two toddlers while picking up supplies at Target for tailgating.

That is hilarious. I had a guy who looked just like Billy Bob from Varsity Blues (and the same voice) say that to me as well. I think toddlers is funnier.

Quick recap of our trip. Headed to BR on Friday afternoon with my 14 year old daughter, got stuck in some bad traffic, but we made it there around 8. Got settled in and took it easy that night. My daughter, being a typical teenage female, wanted to hit the Louisiana Mall which was only about 10 minutes from where we were staying (Best Western Richmond Inn & Suites). After going there and getting some lunch we ventured to the stadium around 1 or so. Hooked up with CuseTroop and his girl outside of the stadium shortly after. We were going to hit one of the board's tailgates but when we asked one of the security folks how far it was we decided otherwise as CuseTroop and his girl had been walking around quite a bit already and didn't need to travel more distance on foot. Now if you had seen CuseTroop's worn out shoes you would know why, lol. We ended up finding out that Brad (bfleming18) tailgate was only about 5 minutes or so from there so off we went. On our way we were able to see Mike the Tiger chilling out in his cage. Got to the tailgate and Brad (bfeling18), his wife, family, and friends were in full tailgate mode. Offered up us food and drinks right away. Shortly after that a guy named Steve asked us if we wanted to see the inside of the stadium. This was a no brainer so we headed there. Was pretty amazing of the views inside without anyone in there. CuseTroop and his girl, along with a few others went to another tailgate they had been to previously, while my daughter and I went back to Brad's. Another LSU fan, who also posted on here and I got tickets from, Terry (Nukedtbone) made it to Brad's tailgate along with his son Gerry, Shortly thereafter Brad wanted to take us inside the b-ball stadium for a tour along with seeing the LSU Band perform. We did that as well and it was another great treat. Headed to game shortly after this. Had a great time even sitting with LSU fan's. Like others have said it was a great turnout initially fan wise, but by halftime it seemed like most had left, and by 4th quarter was only worse as witnessed by Eric's photo up above. I think LSU fans were in shock when we got to within 2 with 5 minutes left but breathed a sigh of relief and getting that last TD. All in all it was a great trip and would do it again. Like CuseTroop said next time we really need to get some kind of central forum tailgate together. It was really too bad so we were so far spread out and seemed like time flew. Below is a picture of me and my daughter at halftime.
Ash and I during game.JPG

Sitting in the airport to head home. Other than the humid weather ( nothing like always feeling sweaty) we had a great experience.

Flew into NOLA Thursday, met up w several board folks and other fans Thursday night for some live music and a few drinks. Had a decent meal at Felix's oyster house. Red beans and gator sausage was pretty good. Others raved about the oysters but we don't eat them so can't verify.

Headed to BR Friday and spent the day on campus where we were welcomed with open arms everywhere. We attended a women's volleyball game with over 2k fans... organized cheers etc- our first experience w Tiger bating since we we decked out in our orange. Went to see the real Mike and got our picture taken w mascot Mike ( a tradition of ours when we visit away venues) Obie9 also got his picture w some cheerleaders.. highlight of his night. Had great food at Chimes- will definitely go back if ever in BR again! Think someone said it was like their Chuck's... disagree ... Chimes has good food and an awesome beer menu...didn't smell etc

Game day was awesome ( minus the loss, but was happy with the game overall). We hooked up with LSU fans we met when they were at the dome who invited us to tailgate with them. We went with consigliere and his wife, and some friends from Austin and Huston who are SU fans came too. Cuse troop and a few others were supposed to join us but never made it. The hosts were so gracious and there was more food and bar than we've ever seen at a tailgate. Walked around and just took in the scene. Got a tiger bait t- shirt to remember the day!

Returned to NOLA to take in the sites. Met a favorite artist Jamie Hayes (Kelly we have some really great pieces of his from a visit 8 years ago, love his stuff) and of course enjoyed the food and music. Went to Deanies w friends, huge portions, cool atmosphere. Great meals at Huck Finns and Belles Diner.

Everywhere we went we were engaged by LSU fans in a positive way. Many apologies about their fans leaving, always asking if we were treated well, had fun etc. would definitely return if we ever had the chance to play there again! Hope we continue to schedule games against good programs in iconic type venues. Much better than visiting a sub par school, even if we can beat them.

Maybe this makes me lame, but I kind of like no beer served at games. Drink as much as you want beforehand, but I feel like it makes for a better overall in-game experience for everyone when people aren't getting more and more inebriated as the game progresses. And people aren't driving home sh-tfaced.
Been saying exactly this for years & I'm 29.

Sitting in the airport to head home. Other than the humid weather ( nothing like always feeling sweaty) we had a great experience.

Flew into NOLA Thursday, met up w several board folks and other fans Thursday night for some live music and a few drinks. Had a decent meal at Felix's oyster house. Red beans and gator sausage was pretty good. Others raved about the oysters but we don't eat them so can't verify.

Headed to BR Friday and spent the day on campus where we were welcomed with open arms everywhere. We attended a women's volleyball game with over 2k fans... organized cheers etc- our first experience w Tiger bating since we we decked out in our orange. Went to see the real Mike and got our picture taken w mascot Mike ( a tradition of ours when we visit away venues) Obie9 also got his picture w some cheerleaders.. highlight of his night. Had great food at Chimes- will definitely go back if ever in BR again! Think someone said it was like their Chuck's... disagree ... Chimes has good food and an awesome beer menu...didn't smell etc

Game day was awesome ( minus the loss, but was happy with the game overall). We hooked up with LSU fans we met when they were at the dome who invited us to tailgate with them. We went with consigliere and his wife, and some friends from Austin and Huston who are SU fans came too. Cuse troop and a few others were supposed to join us but never made it. The hosts were so gracious and there was more food and bar than we've ever seen at a tailgate. Walked around and just took in the scene. Got a tiger bait t- shirt to remember the day!

Returned to NOLA to take in the sites. Met a favorite artist Jamie Hayes (Kelly we have some really great pieces of his from a visit 8 years ago, love his stuff) and of course enjoyed the food and music. Went to Deanies w friends, huge portions, cool atmosphere. Great meals at Huck Finns and Belles Diner.

Everywhere we went we were engaged by LSU fans in a positive way. Many apologies about their fans leaving, always asking if we were treated well, had fun etc. would definitely return if we ever had the chance to play there again! Hope we continue to schedule games against good programs in iconic type venues. Much better than visiting a sub par school, even if we can beat them.

And not a single mention of your exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour of TigerTown?

Ran into CuseTroop, his lady and Boeheims sister Christine outside the stadium. All wonderful people. I regret asking her if she was Jim’s younger or older sister. I intended it to just make polite conversation, but then realized that’s not exactly a compliment for a woman who clearly doesn’t look older than 72. Sorry! I was scatterbrained from the humidity and alcohol.

giphy.gif

And not a single mention of your exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour of TigerTown?
Oh wow... I totally forgot to add this very important part of our trip!!

Did anyone else get to tour Tigerland after the game? Trying to avoid traffic we ended up in Tigerland... a very crowded, extremely dumpy co-ed drunken hang out spot. Buildings that housed the stores/bars looked like they should be condemned. Watched policeman argue with and cuff a student while the girlfriend screamed at the cops.

If I was s parent thinking about sending my kid to LSU that tour would give me pause. It truly makes any college party area I've seen look like an upscale club!

Thanks for the reminder, and the private tour

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom