Quick thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • I know he had the early pick, but my, if we had 10 competitors like Dungey, we'd be 5-0
  • Obviously Erv and ISH were awesome, but concerning that Butler is still dropping passes-just not strong with the ball. Think we need Moe of Moe at WR. Has one the best hands on the team and one of the few guys who are dangerous after the catch. Believe he could be our 3rd threat. Would also like to see Pierre get another shot at RB.
  • Saw Strickland break a tackle. That is at least 2 for the year. We just get very little YAC from RB's and WR's. Phillips is the only guy on our team who consistently makes people miss and we rarely break tackles.
  • Can't say it better than Dino, we were manhandled on the LOS, particularly the left side of our OL and especially Heckel. Boys vs men. They also had way too many easy runs where their RB wasn't touched for 10 yards.
  • Cordy can't come back soon enough (if he is). Jordan Martin really struggled-missing numerous tackles.
  • Frederick had the best game for an SU CB in a long time. Dominant. Also thought Scoop played fairly well. Disappointing that the penalty nullified his INT.
  • Don't like to complain about penalties, but it was very frustrating, to say the least.
  • Disappointing to see LSU lose to Troy. Guess bringing them to the end wasn't as much of an accomplishment as hoped.
  • The streak of kicking at least kickoff out of bounds continues. Also don't have faith in either Kicker in a big spot, even our extra points make me hold my breath
  • Encouraging that in spite of again losing the LOS and several mental errors, we still were one score away at the end.

Last edited:
  • I know he had the early pick, but my, if we had 10 competitors like Dungey, we'd be 5-0
  • Obviously Erv and ISH were awesome, but concerning that Butler is still dropping passes-just not strong with the ball. Think we need Moe of Moe at WR. Has one the best hands on the team and one of the few guys who are dangerous after the catch. Believe he could be our 3rd threat. Would also like to see Pierre get another shot at RB.
  • Saw Strickland break a tackle. That is at least 2 for the year. We just get very little YAC from RB's and WR's. Phillips is one on the only guys on our team who consistently makes people miss and we rarely break tackles.
  • Can't say it better than Dino, we were manhandled on the LOS, particularly the left side of our OL and especially Heckel. Boys vs men. They also had way too many easy runs where their RB wasn't touched for 10 yards.
  • Cordy can't come back soon enough (if he is). Jordan Martin really struggled-missing numerous tackles.
  • Frederick had the best game for an SU CB in a long time. Dominant. Also thought Scoop played fairly well. Disappointing that the penalty nullified his INT.
  • Disappointing to see LSU lose to Troy. Guess bringing them to the end wasn't as much of an accomplishment as hoped.
  • The streak of kicking at least kickoff out of bounds continues. Also don't have faith in either Kicker in a big spot, even our extra points make me hold my breath
  • Encouraging that in spite of this and several mental errors, we still were one score away at the end.
Completely agree about Heckel. Poor kid was manhandled. Maybe one of the Davis boys should get a few snaps...they're both well over 300lbs and might be suited for trench warfare.

I wonder if we've seen the last of Cole Murphy? IMO, he's completely lost his confidence. Even extra points have become an adventure.

I'm friends with the family of Zach Branner, one of the OG playing at Troy. Saw Zach do a great job of dealing with Daron Payne (DT for 'Bama) at the Birmingham Under Armour event back in 2013. Troy's got a good OL. Also, Neal Brown, Troy's head coach, is no slouch. Last year, Troy gave Clemson a serious headache. There are a number of P5 teams that Troy can beat.

Completely agree about Heckel. Poor kid was manhandled. Maybe one of the Davis boys should get a few snaps...they're both well over 300lbs and might be suited for trench warfare.

I wonder if we've seen the last of Cole Murphy? IMO, he's completely lost his confidence. Even extra points have become an adventure.
I like Byrne. He is physical and plays with some attitude.

We held NC St to 108 yards of total offense in the 2nd half! I'd love to see us carry that over to the Pitt game.

I understand Troy's got a 6th year senior QB who has been starting for 4 years and a starting senior RB who's highly experienced as well. They're good and are a favorite to win the Sunbelt.

Someone else on this board noted that every team we have faced this season has lost the following weekend. MTSU losing their starting QB Stockstill has been huge but in general you can argue that we are wearing teams out and have become a tough out.

We'd rather be winning but we are winning respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom