Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon

Excuse me. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. I don't really care what you are anyone else thinks. I think we are going to be good and exciting. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to make a dumb bet. Our disagreement is over 6 1/2 vs 7 1/2. All I hear is how bad we are going to be. Well, top 30 isn't all that good. 7 1/2 is very fair.

So do I least I think the coach must think we will be because these are the players he wanted for his sons Senior season. BUT, if we aren’t in the top 25 next year JB deserves heat for not constructing his roster differently.

For the record I think we would have been in the top 25 most of this year had Buddy not got Covid. It clearly wrecked his game and the first half of our season. We were a totally different team in February and March when we started using Edwards and Buddy got his legs back.

UNC had 10 losses in 2018 and got a 2 seed in the tournament.
Virginia had 7 losses in 2017 and were a 1 seed.

Losses don’t really affect you in getting a good seed if you actually beat good teams.
Playing a hard schedule actually gives you the benefit of the doubt in seeding if you actually win some.

We could go 7-4 in the nonconference and that wouldn’t harm us getting a good seed.
yeah, it would.

UNC had 10 losses in 2018 and got a 2 seed in the tournament.
Virginia had 7 losses in 2017 and were a 1 seed.

Losses don’t really affect you in getting a good seed if you actually beat good teams.
Playing a hard schedule actually gives you the benefit of the doubt in seeding if you actually win some.

We could go 7-4 in the nonconference and that wouldn’t harm us getting a good seed.
7-4 in the OOC wouldn’t be good though next year. That means we likely lost two games in Atlantis, our Big Ten Challenge game, and to Nova in the Garden. I will not be happy if that’s our record at the end of December.

7-4 in the OOC wouldn’t be good though next year. That means we likely lost two games in Atlantis, our Big Ten Challenge game, and to Nova in the Garden. I will not be happy if that’s our record at the end of December.
If somebody thinks we are going to be top 25 next season then the bet I proposed is completely fair.
I am not giving more it’s not good negotiating.

Dasher if you want 7 seed included then bet should be 200 if you win and 300 for me if I win.
If you want to buy the extra juice like in a bet you can buy a half point then you get worse odds.
I am not giving 7 seed in an even bet.

I hope it works out for Quincy. Great kid, was easy to root for. If he turns out to be a 40% 3 point shooter, he is going to be an AA candidate. They better give him that chance!
I just do not see him as the player he seems to want to be and thinks he is.

I’m going to have to unsubscribe from this podcast if the topic doesn’t change soon.
We will talk Blues hockey. You will always have 2019.

dasher i will take your 7.5 seed over. Why? Because we’re always on the bubble now especially with more offensively (and less defensively) inclined teams. We might be exciting but hard to see we’re not bubbly. All depends on Benny IMO. And how good he is. Have to have a PG that can dribble and get the offense going too.

I’ll do the same bet I agreed to here.
7 is a push nobody wins.
6 or better you win.
8 or worse I win.
Of course you would. I wouldn't. I don't care what anyone else agrees to. It's 7 1/2. I win at 7
Sorry boys, took the weekend off from the board and missed the excitement. Personally I think 7 is a fair number. I think Alsacs got his action with Skibum with dash staying firm with 7.5 so hopefully all good.

dasher i will take your 7.5 seed over. Why? Because we’re always on the bubble now especially with more offensively (and less defensively) inclined teams. We might be exciting but hard to see we’re not bubbly. All depends on Benny IMO. And how good he is. Have to have a PG that can dribble and get the offense going too.

I am on the under too but because of the Center position. We come in strong again if not possibly stronger 2-4. The return of BS and more importantly the growth of Jesse with Frank in the wings to hopefully take a few steps forward has me bullish on the true C position that Marek had to fill most of last year.

That leaves PG as the one question mark. Symir can do three things. He can handle it, pass and defend. Part of that includes having the speed to get past his man which is who he is and I suspect who he is expected to be by the staff. If Joe improves closer to what we know isn't a high ceiling and Symir does his thing, we have at least not left PG as a hole even if it's not the team's strongest of positions. That has me thinking under. If you told me the line was 5.5- I am in the over. I think the difficult schedule and working in so many new guys means we probably are more like 22-10, 21-11 and a 6 seed. I would put the ceiling/floor at 4 seed-10 seed. While bubble is still inside the bell I think missing the tourney and a top 3 is on the tails.

You know Joe too well.

Btw I briefly drove a Pontiac Bonneville in college that I bought off my grandpa for $1k and lemme tell you that thing rode smoooooooooooooth.

Surprisingly cool looking car too. It got the nickname Lothario Bonneville. Not a coincidence that my dating life really picked up once I had that.
Freakin Mothership!! I drove my aunt's in HS and if felt like you were floating.

Damn right.
13B52D45-6819-46E0-9640-05AE8B4F406D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom