Quincy Guerrier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier

I agree, but even if he didn't shoot 3s with us, he probably could still make the NBA as a high level defender, rebounder and scorer who knows where to position himself. Take a guy like Andre Jackson Jr. - a high level defender, above average passer who does all the little things very well that do not go into stats but coaches look for. With the shot clock winding down, he generally moves to the rim where he is most effective (rebound, put backs, blocking out) and is only caught on the perimeter during that time if a teammate needs help moving the ball. Playing smartly and not putting yourself in positions to hurt your team goes a long way in the NBA.

Andre Jackson averaged nearly 5 assists a game at UConn. Quincy Guerrier averaged less than 1 assist a game while at Syracuse (and about the same post Syracuse). They are not similar level players from a floor awareness perspective.

He shot 3s at SU. Open ones. And he was decent. He was only a sophomore and would have gotten more opportunities to shoot as a Junior and senior and would have improved. But his clueless advisors told him to transfer because they thought he’d get better shots somewhere else, which was a mistake.
You think he was shooting threes with Buddy, Joe, and Swider on the roster? You don’t believe this do you?

I agree, but even if he didn't shoot 3s with us, he probably could still make the NBA as a high level defender, rebounder and scorer who knows where to position himself. Take a guy like Andre Jackson Jr. - a high level defender, above average passer who does all the little things very well that do not go into stats but coaches look for. With the shot clock winding down, he generally moves to the rim where he is most effective (rebound, put backs, blocking out) and is only caught on the perimeter during that time if a teammate needs help moving the ball. Playing smartly and not putting yourself in positions to hurt your team goes a long way in the NBA.
Benny needs to follow that model!

Andre Jackson averaged nearly 5 assists a game at UConn. Quincy Guerrier averaged less than 1 assist a game while at Syracuse (and about the same post Syracuse). They are not similar level players from a floor awareness perspective.
I was using Andre as a model of a player who smartly plays to his strengths and doesn't highlight his weaknesses to hurt his team. I wasn't saying that he and Guerrier are similar players.

Guerrier was 2nd Team All ACC in 2021 as a sophomore, and yet nobody in the NBA was interested in drafting him when he went sniffing (and we know the NBA is always attracted to drafting freshman or sophomores more because of "potential")

To claim he would have made the NBA if he stayed here is largely wishful thinking meant to take a shot at a kid whose decision you didn't like.
Wasn’t a shot, he was my favorite player at the time.

It’s funny how Quincy playing like he did back at SU - rebounding, playing underneath, running the court, that he’s doing so well for Illinois and for himself. Illinois is winning 65-40 and he has scored 21 points so far.

He had some good 3’s in this game but hasn’t been good from there this season overall. Hopefully the 3’s tonight bring him closer to 33%(he was at 23% before tonight) but his rebounding is the difference maker when he puts his mind to it. His rebounding numbers have bounced back from his Oregon days to what we saw here.

watching Illinois tonight
1711682239881.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom