Quincy Guerrier | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier

Willy75

Starter
I had no idea he’s still playing college basketball, now for Illinois.

No he didn’t, he needed to hit threes at a good clip to play in the NBA, and for good reason nobody here would let him so he went somewhere that did.
He shot 3s at SU. Open ones. And he was decent. He was only a sophomore and would have gotten more opportunities to shoot as a Junior and senior and would have improved. But his clueless advisors told him to transfer because they thought he’d get better shots somewhere else, which was a mistake.

He shot 3s at SU. Open ones. And he was decent. He was only a sophomore and would have gotten more opportunities to shoot as a Junior and senior and would have improved. But his clueless advisors told him to transfer because they thought he’d get better shots somewhere else, which was a mistake.
I agree, but even if he didn't shoot 3s with us, he probably could still make the NBA as a high level defender, rebounder and scorer who knows where to position himself. Take a guy like Andre Jackson Jr. - a high level defender, above average passer who does all the little things very well that do not go into stats but coaches look for. With the shot clock winding down, he generally moves to the rim where he is most effective (rebound, put backs, blocking out) and is only caught on the perimeter during that time if a teammate needs help moving the ball. Playing smartly and not putting yourself in positions to hurt your team goes a long way in the NBA.

You're right, should have specified. A 6-7 PF that can't shoot 3s
Daniel Theis kind of? Plays like a taller guy but he is only 6'8. That's about all I got though.

Guerrier was 2nd Team All ACC in 2021 as a sophomore, and yet nobody in the NBA was interested in drafting him when he went sniffing (and we know the NBA is always attracted to drafting freshman or sophomores more because of "potential")

To claim he would have made the NBA if he stayed here is largely wishful thinking meant to take a shot at a kid whose decision you didn't like.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom