Quint's Top 20: Exposed | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Exposed

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
12. Syracuse Don't blame Bon Jovi for this one! The loss to Hopkins featured putrid off-ball defense; some of the worst we've ever seen from the orange-clad group. Hopkins' shooters caught multiple looks on the crease for lay-ups and danced untouched. Cuse shorties were torched from the wings and X, and looked as if they have never navigated through a pick. The Dome is no longer the House of Pain. #HHH has lost 15-3 and 18-7 in the Home of No. 22 — it's becoming a house of horrors for their fans. Orange travel to Rutgers on Sunday, March 18.

12. Syracuse Don't blame Bon Jovi for this one! The loss to Hopkins featured putrid off-ball defense; some of the worst we've ever seen from the orange-clad group. Hopkins' shooters caught multiple looks on the crease for lay-ups and danced untouched. Cuse shorties were torched from the wings and X, and looked as if they have never navigated through a pick. The Dome is no longer the House of Pain. #HHH has lost 15-3 and 18-7 in the Home of No. 22 — it's becoming a house of horrors for their fans. Orange travel to Rutgers on Sunday, March 18.

Hyperbole much, Quint?

While it stinks to get shellacked at home it’s really not a house of horrors for our fans.

And Quint - you should always recall the Dome as a House of Pain.

When you separate out the facts he's not wrong.

*putrid off-ball defense; some of the worst we've ever seen
*Hopkins' shooters caught multiple looks on the crease for lay-ups and danced untouched.
*Cuse shorties were torched from the wings and X,
*and looked as if they have never navigated through a pick.

*Hopkins' shooters caught multiple looks on the crease for lay-ups and danced untouched.
Couldn't agree more..as my son's first lacrosse coach used to say "those boys on defense had VIP seats to watch some incredible lacrosse".

Unfortunately this comes with a young defense.

I agree his assessment of the team’s performance is spot on.

He has a habit of being a little over the top with the conclusions he draws from a few bad performances.

I disagree that the Dome is a house of horrors for SU fans and that it’s no longer a House of Pain for JHU.

One blowout win in ten years doesn’t make the Dome Homewood North.

Last week we were a Final Four team next year .

Bad losses are disheartening, good wins are exhilarating.

Going to be on a roller coaster for awhile but next year I can foresee lax fans wanting to board the Orange train

Last week we were a Final Four team next year .

Bad losses are disheartening, good wins are exhilarating.

Going to be on a roller coaster for awhile but next year I can foresee lax fans wanting to board the Orange train

I can see some Orange fans wanting to tie Desko to the tracks.;)

The only thing wrong about these observations is the delight Quint takes in making them.

I hate that friggin song.

Embarrassing it got played that much

NFM

I hate that friggin song.

Embarrassing it got played that much

NFM
No one outside JHU likes that friggin' song. Having it played once is too many times. They play it after TDs at their football games, BTW.

No one outside JHU likes that friggin' song. Having it played once is too many times. They play it after TDs at their football games, BTW.

I don't like the song but respect the tradition. Bupppapapapapapapapapa pam bah paaaaaah 1.2.3.4.5 WE WANT MORE! Respect the BURN part of it as it is meant to piss off then non Hop crowd. I like the stick it in your face part of it.

Feels like College Sports can be so corporate today. Stuff like us giving out #22; the out of shape parents who yell WE ARE SU, the Touch Me Award, UVa with the hoo horray wahoo wah virgiNia Ray Ray UVA tune; Hobart fans throwing fish on the field (even eggs at our bus) are kind of cool to have around.

Edit: Touch Me Award still happen? Not to be confused with the #metoo movement :) This diehard used to give out an award to the mvp of a playoff game at the tailgates. Jerry or Gerry is his name.

I don't like the song but respect the tradition. Bupppapapapapapapapapa pam bah paaaaaah 1.2.3.4.5 WE WANT MORE! Respect the BURN part of it as it is meant to piss off then non Hop crowd. I like the stick it in your face part of it.

Feels like College Sports can be so corporate today. Stuff like us giving out #22; the out of shape parents who yell WE ARE SU, the Touch Me Award, UVa with the hoo horray wahoo wah virgiNia Ray Ray UVA tune; Hobart fans throwing fish on the field (even eggs at our bus) are kind of cool to have around.

Edit: Touch Me Award still happen? Not to be confused with the #metoo movement :) This diehard used to give out an award to the mvp of a playoff game at the tailgates. Jerry or Gerry is his name.
No, the touch yourself award was banished by the fun police a few years back. Gerry and the crew had a casket made and held a funeral procession in the parking lot.

I for one used to love dodging the oranges hurled by the umass fans. Umass and Hobart has the most unruly fans, glad we never lost to either of them during my time.

Actually, JHU stole the counting of the goals from Cornell. The JHU fans never did it until they finally agreed to play Cornell and the CU fans did it after each of their goals.

Oh, and it’s

Wahoowa. Wahoowa.
Uni-V Virginia.
Hoorah-ray. Hoorah-ray.
Ray. Ray.
U-V-A.

Actually, JHU stole the counting of the goals from Cornell. The JHU fans never did it until they finally agreed to play Cornell and the CU fans did it after each of their goals.

Oh, and it’s

Wahoowa. Wahoowa.
Uni-V Virginia.
Hoorah-ray. Hoorah-ray.
Ray. Ray.
U-V-A.
You can call me Ray, you can call my Jay...
upload_2018-3-16_17-31-8.png

Oh, and it’s

Wahoowa. Wahoowa.
Uni-V Virginia.
Hoorah-ray. Hoorah-ray.
Ray. Ray.
U-V-A.
Elixir for nerds. ;)

Oh, and it’s

Wahoowa. Wahoowa.
Uni-V Virginia.
Hoorah-ray. Hoorah-ray.
Ray. Ray.
U-V-A.

We used to have a song.

The Administration banned it.

Who knew that you couldn't say **** and **** in polite company? ;)