Quint's Top 20: Rejoice | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Rejoice

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
10. Syracuse — The program’s 900th win came at the expense of Notre Dame on Saturday afternoon in the venerable Carrier Dome. The 10-6 victory was highlighted by Dom Madonna's goaltending (13 saves) and an oppressive defense — shocking considering that Syracuse had allowed 10, 11, 18, 14 and 14 goals in each of their last five games. Even more alarming was that the sun came out in Syracuse on a March Saturday. That was a first for me in 30 tries.

Tyson Bomberry blocked three shots, Nick Mellen erased Ryder Garnsey and Orange short stick defensive midfielders played better. Defensive coordinator Lelan Rogers mixed man and zone and played great man-down defense, earning game balls for an 0-8 performance from the Golden Domers. Brendan Bomberry, Nate Solomon and Jamie Trimboli all scored twice.

#HHH plays Hobart on Tuesday and then Cornell on Tuesday, April 10.

I love the Orange fans, and the way they rise to their feet to cheer impending transition, like rolling thunder. I love the legacy of No. 22.

Quint's Top 20: Rejoice

Quint has Duke 4 and us 10? Yet we beat them at their place? I would think we would at least be a bit closer to them...

Hard to ignore JHU, Rutty, and Albany vs a one goal win head to head.

Two solid wins with a ton load of garbage behind it. Need to not struggle with Hobart and a win against Cornell would show a real upward trend.

Someone please enlighten me, how is Yale ranked # 3 when they lost to Villanova and the only top 10 team they beat is #10?