Quint's Top 20: Two Teams Unbeaten as Tiers of Talent Start to Emerge | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Two Teams Unbeaten as Tiers of Talent Start to Emerge

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
4. Syracuse (4-2)
Wow. Syracuse is shooting nearly 40% on the season and beat Hopkins 12-10 despite losing 80% of the face-offs and playing without Randy Staats. Using a possession-based model, the Orange offense is crushing opponents. I can't say enough good things about Dylan Donahue (3,1), Kevin Rice and Billy Ward (2,2). The first midfield is a match-up nightmare with 6-foot-2, 200-pound Scott Loy, speedy Hakeem Lecky and versatile Henry Schoonmaker — all bringing something a bit different to the table. SU has won 7 of the last 8 in the series.

Credit the Orange players and coaches for an improved defensive performance from two weeks ago in Charlottesville. The second midfield chipped in. The defensive shorties matched feet, and the close defenders cleaned up all the trash around the goal. Face-offs and clearing remain dicey.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/...-two-teams-unbeaten-tiers-talent-start-emerge

4. Syracuse (4-2)
Wow. Syracuse is shooting nearly 40% on the season and beat Hopkins 12-10 despite losing 80% of the face-offs and playing without Randy Staats. Using a possession-based model, the Orange offense is crushing opponents. I can't say enough good things about Dylan Donahue (3,1), Kevin Rice and Billy Ward (2,2). The first midfield is a match-up nightmare with 6-foot-2, 200-pound Scott Loy, speedy Hakeem Lecky and versatile Henry Schoonmaker — all bringing something a bit different to the table. SU has won 7 of the last 8 in the series.

Credit the Orange players and coaches for an improved defensive performance from two weeks ago in Charlottesville. The second midfield chipped in. The defensive shorties matched feet, and the close defenders cleaned up all the trash around the goal. Face-offs and clearing remain dicey.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/...-two-teams-unbeaten-tiers-talent-start-emerge

Pretty nice right up. I really hope we get another shot at UVA. I really think we let that game get away.

Takeaways- Harris down low and pressuring out on Stanwick was an excellent call by JD and Rogers - Scott Firman is going to be a beast...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom