Rak really impressed me today | Syracusefan.com

Rak really impressed me today

dundundun

Walk On
The array of moves/counter-moves Rak showed off in the post today was really something. He missed A TON of good looks. He was 5-17 from the field but he could have easily made about 15 of his FGA. Honestly, he looked kind of Hakeem-ish

The array of moves/counter-moves Rak showed off in the post today was really something. He missed A TON of good looks. He was 5-17 from the field but he could have easily made about 15 of his FGA. Honestly, he looked kind of Hakeem-ish
And if his name was Rakeem Cooney he would be torn apart for shooting 5-17 from the 3 point line much less from 3 to 5 feet from the basket. Not saying by you but some fans go off the deep end on this kid for trying to make plays.

Just think how impressive his performance would have been if it was horse shoes or hand grenades.

I agree with you but seemingly more than half of this board thinks he blew any chance for a career in the NBA. Comical.

I agree with you but seemingly more than half of this board thinks he blew any chance for a career in the NBA. Comical.

You have very poor reading comprehension. More than half the board said his NBA draft stock was hurt yesterday, not that he wouldn't be drafted or blew his chance to play in the league.

You have very poor reading comprehension. More than half the board said his NBA draft stock was hurt yesterday, not that he wouldn't be drafted or blew his chance to play in the league.
His nba career is and was always likely to be limited anyway.

His nba career is and was always likely to be limited anyway.

I don't disagree but if he has a career in the league for a few years it would be a great achievement.

I think Rak will be a solid PF for years in the NBA much like Boeheim has said. He did show good moves but he's not going to be a C in the NBA. Only in spot duty perhaps. The scouts loved that lefty driving, swooping layup past Okafor though. I doubt is draft stock was hurt that much. Okafor is a legit 7'0 with 30 lbs on Rak who is 6'9.

I think Rak will be a solid PF for years in the NBA much like Boeheim has said. He did show good moves but he's not going to be a C in the NBA. Only in spot duty perhaps. The scouts loved that lefty driving, swooping layup past Okafor though. I doubt is draft stock was hurt that much. Okafor is a legit 7'0 with 30 lbs on Rak who is 6'9.
To be fair JB thinks all his guys are NBAers. Raks probably at best a 9-10 guy in the League. He can play but it MUST be the right situation. I mean Onuaku can't buy a cup of coffee in the League and he's worlds better offensively.

To be fair JB thinks all his guys are NBAers. Raks probably at best a 9-10 guy in the League. He can play but it MUST be the right situation. I mean Onuaku can't buy a cup of coffee in the League and he's worlds better offensively.

Not so sure about Onuaku. He could be but Rak can really get up and down the floor and has the big athleticism edge over Onuaku. Better shotblocker too. Rak's a more attractive prospect, imo. Definitely has to be the right situation for Rak like you say. If Marvin Williams is in the league and can stay; Rak can.

Rak needs to show that medium jumper he hit yesterday more often. That will put him in the league when combined with his other skills. If he plays cente rin that league there will be a lot of 5 for 17 nights.

Rak needs to show that medium jumper he hit yesterday more often. That will put him in the league when combined with his other skills. If he plays cente rin that league there will be a lot of 5 for 17 nights.

He won't get enough playing time to take 17 shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom