Randolph, NY bball teams | Syracusefan.com

Randolph, NY bball teams

stuckinbig11

All American
The village of Randolph is about 20 miles from where I grew up in western NYS. Their boys bball team just won the Class C state championship, and their girls team lost in the state championship game. I have no idea how basketball became competitive there.

its Class C, if you can find a couple kids you can compete, most of the state is pretty week in that class. They had a pretty good sized team and I think they have a coaches Kid on the team and another kid who gradudated who is playing some level of college ball so they probably have a good culture right now..

Dont they have a good fball program?

The Hammond Central girls team won the Class D state title last weekend as well. The schools 3rd state title in the last 15 years. Hammond has a K-12 enrollment of around 240 so they’re one of the smallest schools in the entire state. If you have good coaches who teach the kids how to play when they’re young and then get them playing year round you can compete with anyone

its Class C, if you can find a couple kids you can compete, most of the state is pretty week in that class. They had a pretty good sized team and I think they have a coaches Kid on the team and another kid who gradudated who is playing some level of college ball so they probably have a good culture right now..

When I grew up...also about 20ish minutes from Randolph their football teams were pretty solid. Mid 90's

That is fantastic! Now they get a street sign that says as much at the entry points into the town. I love seeing these in small towns. My current town has a bunch.

My HS made it to the state finals in the early 2000s. They did it on the backs of a hungry young coach and a stable of 3+ future DI lacrosse players, just a bunch of good athletes and a good culture. They lost to a team that had the same kind of kids, but taller. In my day, we were always good, league champs and whatnot, but didn't often get past sectionals.

My nephew played in a small Christian league in TX, and they won back to back state championships. That was fun to watch even though the level of play wasn't as good as a large public school.

Last edited:

I want to say they won two or three state football championships in a row around 2015 or so.

Football powerhouse for sure. Very good hoops as well. Some towns just have ‘it’.

When I grew up...also about 20ish minutes from Randolph their football teams were pretty solid. Mid 90's
Where? I grew up midway between Falconer, Frewsburg, and Jamestown--went to Falconer.

The village of Randolph is about 20 miles from where I grew up in western NYS. Their boys bball team just won the Class C state championship, and their girls team lost in the state championship game. I have no idea how basketball became competitive there.
It's probably one of the few small towns that hasn't been overrun by meth/fentanyl - yet.

Played against Randolph in high school. Beat them for a Section 6 C-2 title senior year - beat Kevin Lange who was a stud. They’ve always had really good teams - and also good at football.

Where? I grew up midway between Falconer, Frewsburg, and Jamestown--went to Falconer.
Went to Westfield…. Falconer was Class B if I recall. We were C with Frewsburg and Randolph. Frewsburg had a very good baseball program.

see

Tiogas wrestling team is a powerhouse. My little brother wrestled with the head coach at Brockport.
He (Harrington) has done an amazing job with the wrestling program. They have always been decent, but he has taken them to another level. I want to say they have won the past four state titles. They brought eight kids to states this year and the entire team is coming back. They also have a female wrestler that is ranked number one in the nation at 126lbs.

He (Harrington) has done an amazing job with the wrestling program. They have always been decent, but he has taken them to another level. I want to say they have won the past four state titles. They brought eight kids to states this year and the entire team is coming back. They also have a female wrestler that is ranked number one in the nation at 126lbs.
Yeah, Kris was the video analyst guy for Cornell prior. Good dude and great coach.

Went to Westfield…. Falconer was Class B if I recall. We were C with Frewsburg and Randolph. Frewsburg had a very good baseball program.
I wrestled against both Westfield and Falconer. Falconer being our rival. Really good dude I wrestled from Westfield got shot and killed years ago in Omaha I think. Jimmy Cunningham. Good dude, tough wrestler.

I wrestled against both Westfield and Falconer. Falconer being our rival. Really good dude I wrestled from Westfield got shot and killed years ago in Omaha I think. Jimmy Cunningham. Good dude, tough wrestler.
Remember him well. Tough kid. Sad story. He was a couple years older than me, but it’s a small town and everyone knows everyone. Not sure if you ever wrestled any kids from Ripley, but I swear their entire town started wrestling from birth. For such a small town, they had really good wrestlers.

Remember him well. Tough kid. Sad story. He was a couple years older than me, but it’s a small town and everyone knows everyone. Not sure if you ever wrestled any kids from Ripley, but I swear their entire town started wrestling from birth. For such a small town, they had really good wrestlers.
yeah I wrestled Greg Bentley a couple times. Kenny Rowe once when I was younger. Kenny and Brad and I wrestled at NCCC together after High School

I wrestled Brad Smith from Westfield a few times also..maybe someone named Gilmore?

yeah I wrestled Greg Bentley a couple times. Kenny Rowe once when I was younger. Kenny and Brad and I wrestled at NCCC together after High School

I wrestled Brad Smith from Westfield a few times also..maybe someone named Gilmore?
Brad lived across the street from me growing up. Had a younger brother Brandon I played baseball with. JJ Gilmore I believe is who you’re thinking of.

Brad lived across the street from me growing up. Had a younger brother Brandon I played baseball with. JJ Gilmore I believe is who you’re thinking of.
My little brother wrestled against Brandon. Lee gilmore? I dont recall, long time ago.

Lee sounds familiar, didn’t know him. Small world. Can’t believe Sirianni is the head coach of the Eagles. I don’t live in the area anymore but I graduated the same year as he did. Remember him and Justin Miller at Southwestern. I’m a little younger than you are.

Lee sounds familiar, didn’t know him. Small world. Can’t believe Sirianni is the head coach of the Eagles. I don’t live in the area anymore but I graduated the same year as he did. Remember him and Justin Miller at Southwestern. I’m a little younger than you are.
Yeah Nick would have been in 8th grade when I was a senior. I played with his older brother Jay, he was a couple years older than me. I am no longer in the area either. Very small world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom