random post - 4th downs at the goal line vs reaching the ball out | Syracusefan.com

random post - 4th downs at the goal line vs reaching the ball out

Millhouse

Living Legend
thought about this watching karlos williams fumble 1 millimeter into the end zone

i don't know how often coaches go for it at the goal line - let's say half the time?

if you go and fail, the other team gets the ball at their goal line. but teams are still so scared of coming away with nothing. ok fine

why are so many ball carriers not coached out of reaching the ball into the end zone considering the big risk of a fumble. if you fumble out of bounds through the end zone, you're done. and they get 20 yards of precious space.

you'd think that given coach's preferences, they would drill it into their heads to never ever reach the ball out. but you see it all the time

I would think coaches drill this into kids heads for the most part. A lot of cases are most likely from kids trying to make a play be it for a first down or jumping to the end zone.

Is it just me or is awarding the opposing team the ball at the 20 when the offense fumbles the ball into and out of the end zone the dumbest rule in all of sports?

Had a Bryce Brown > Scott Chandler-I-got-it-derp-nevermind flashback after that play yesterday and was *this close* to walking to the train tracks with cinderblocks. The unexpected "ruling on the field stands" was all that saved me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom