Rank these options | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rank these options

Randy Edsall, Chris Ash, Ed Orgeron if these were the final 3 candidates?

For me it would go 1. Orgeron.2. Edsall...3.Ash

Edsall is not in my top 50.

Dino is by far #1, EO #2, Ash #3. I would be OK with any of the 3, but really want Dino.

Edsall is not in my top 50.

Dino is by far #1, EO #2, Ash #3. I would be OK with any of the 3, but really want Dino.

Dino wasn't on the list. Listen I'm no edsall fan per se but he represents much less risk than a complete wild card like Ash. People have decided they like him but no one knows why.

Dino wasn't on the list. Listen I'm no edsall fan per se but he represents much less risk than a complete wild card like Ash. People have decided they like him but no one knows why.

who, Ash?

A. 99% of this board hates him and doesnt know why
B. he has been a successful coordinator at big time schools

EO, Ash, Randy

Randy has shown mediocre to poor results at his last two stops. He is what he is. Known quantity.

I think that's a bit harsh and not all that accurate.

He took UConn to the Fiesta Bowl.

His Huskie teams always played hard and smart.

I don't really know what happened at MD, though last year in the Dome I thought his team played the way his teams always seemed to play - hard and smart.

I would be fine with him as our new HC, though he would not be my first choice.

I think that's a bit harsh and not all that accurate.

He took UConn to the Fiesta Bowl.

His Huskie teams always played hard and smart.

I don't really know what happened at MD, though last year in the Dome I thought his team played the way his teams always seemed to play - hard and smart.

I would be fine with him as our new HC, though he would not be my first choice.
Went to the fiesta bowl in a bad big east and was blown out by OU. Maryland was a disaster. If we want to have 5 to 7 win seasons with the occasional 8 win season, by all means, lets hire RE.

Went to the fiesta bowl in a bad big east and was blown out by OU. Maryland was a disaster. If we want to have 5 to 7 win seasons with the occasional 8 win season, by all means, lets hire RE.

'5-7 win seasons with an occasional 8-win season' means we're consistently competitive. We haven't been that in 11 years. 11 years. Hire a coordinator and I absolutely agree -- the potential for a higher upside is there. However, the downside is brutal. Hire a proven head coach and at least you stabilize. If you get sick of that in 5 years, then fine, start all over again. But seriously, it feels like a major gamble to say, "well, coach A has proven he can run a decent program, but Coach B might be the next Chip Kelly!" Particularly, by the way, when the last coach you had was a really good defensive coordinator and was extremely well-liked ... but couldn't win games as a head coach.

who, Ash?

A. 99% of this board hates him and doesnt know why
B. he has been a successful coordinator at big time schools

Love or hate -- it's all ridiculous. He is a huge gamble and that's the extent of it. So do you want to completely roll the dice with this hire? My contention would be no. Now does that mean you hire Edsall? I have no idea. He'd be a little ways down on my list, but a random coordinator at a big school just feels like a huge gamble.

Maryland isn't on the east coast? It is 3 hours from NYC for crying out loud. And he was a Syracuse guy in 1980 who supposedly whined when he did not get the job in the past. And whether he was a good fit or not at Maryland, he did nothing to help himself and left completely hated by the fans and many players. I don't get why there is any love for this guy.
Maryland is on the East Coast, Oregon and LSU are not that was my point, it checks the east coast box. Ash would be the only other one on that list that also checks that same box. As far as the love for him is concerned, I think myself and maybe 1-2 other people have put him at the top of the list for this poll so im not sure that he is getting much "love" from this board. And hey I understand, the guy might be a total tool but he has proven he can build a program from scratch in the NE. EO failed, in Mississippi, and Ash has never been a HC nor run the day-to-day operations of a program. Taking emotion out of the equation, given that list, I go with Randy. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom