Ravian Pierce | Syracusefan.com

Ravian Pierce

Alsacs

Living Legend
The only thing that will prevent him from playing on Sunday beyond health is how fast he runs his 40.

Big body, red zone target, and looked solid in run blocking.
If he has the speed he will get drafted.

Good snag by Dino from JUCO.

Minor quibble: he needs to toss the ball to the ref after completions instead of aimlessly discarding/spinning it to the ground. The seconds the refs spend gathering/spotting the ball are so precious when running tempo. He did it a few times early but then, to his credit, got much better about it after a coach seemed to mention it on the sideline. This goes for the entire team, though most are pretty good about it. Just another of the many subtle nuances that become so much more vital in this offense.

High School 40 yd time. 4.53. That's crazy fast for a TE... (at least the 6'5" + variety)

Fastest TE 40 in the 2016 combine was 4.64. 2017 class was faster. 4.42

Last edited:
Minor quibble: he needs to toss the ball to the ref after completions instead of aimlessly discarding/spinning it to the ground. The seconds the refs spend gathering/spotting the ball are so precious when running tempo. He did it a few times early but then, to his credit, got much better about it after a coach seemed to mention it on the sideline. This goes for the entire team, though most are pretty good about it. Just another of the many subtle nuances that become so much more vital in this offense.
I kind of enjoy it. He has no idea what to do with the ball after he gets up. It cracks me up.

High School 40 yd time. 4.53. That's crazy fast for a TE... (at least the 6'5" + variety)

Fastest TE 40 in the 2016 combine was 4.64. 2017 class was faster. 4.42

He looks fast too. Some ppl say the craziest things on here. I really wonder sometimes...

This kid is an absolute animal, he will most definitely have a shot at playing on Sundays. He has all the tangibles, size, physicality, decent hands and speed. I personally loved when he was down in Death Valley getting their crowd going lol, I know a lot on here will disagree with that but he was just feeding off that. Love that about players, kid's a gamer.

The only thing that will prevent him from playing on Sunday beyond health is how fast he runs his 40.

If anyone can boost his speed through S&C and training, it's this staff. Good things in his future if he keeps his head.

He is going to fumble very soon if his attention to ball-security goes unchanged.
I do very much like his talent and potential. There is a lot more in there yet to come out.
Best physical specimen we've had at tight end in a long while (if not forever).

He's in the mold of Evan Engram, but not as fast and his hands need to be a little better.

With that being said, he should be a good one for us over the next few years.

Love Pierce. Very good hands, very good in open space. Not the biggest guy, Hes probably what we thought Custis should be.

After watching some film of his catches, he put a lick on numerous Pitt players and got a lot of yards after he was hit. Impressive physical performance by Pierce and I hope he can play a similar role against Clemson. We'll need his toughness on Friday night...

He is one of the highest ranked HS and then Juco recruits we have ever recruited. Guy is new to the program. He is only going to improve
Having a TE that is a key part of the O has me fondly remembering Stephen Brominski and the end of this VPI game:

Go to 6 minute mark of video to see the Mcnabb to Brominski dagger to vpi with 5 seconds left. (Glad I don't have to watch these games in low-def. anymore like this video.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom