Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

Got this from Wittkie,

"I appreciate your direct and forthright response. Your passion for your son’s ability is understandable and you certainly have right to your opinion. We were thorough with our evaluation of Joshua and were direct and honest ourselves in communicating that to you. Joshua is a fine player and has accomplished many outstanding things on the football field – we recognize that and applaud him for his efforts. However, we do not have a scholarship for him, that does not mean we think he is a poor player and I believe it is unfair to say we have a serious misconception about athletes from Upstate New York. We are committed to evaluating all of the top talent in the area and trying to keep that talent at Syracuse. Could Joshua be a preferred walk-on for us – yes, I believe he could, but again I am not going to commit to that until we have all of the information we need on not only seniors coming out in the ’16 class but also all of the players on our current roster. As you mentioined we will keep Joshua in mind and will contact you with any pertinent information."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Honestly, I think these guys are continuing the same theme of under-valuing New York State players. How many players has this new team signed from NY? If you look to states like Texas, Florida, Arizona, California, etc. you will notice that most of the players are from within the state, regardless of their record. UCF was 0-12 last season. Many Texas teams were under 500 but 90% players are from Texas. SU has 15 players from Florida and only won 3 games per season the last two. Mainly because they got 15 players that no other D1 schools in Florida wanted. When is SU going to figure it out? I thought things would be different under Babers, but its not starting out that way!

Got this from Wittkie,

"I appreciate your direct and forthright response. Your passion for your son’s ability is understandable and you certainly have right to your opinion. We were thorough with our evaluation of Joshua and were direct and honest ourselves in communicating that to you. Joshua is a fine player and has accomplished many outstanding things on the football field – we recognize that and applaud him for his efforts. However, we do not have a scholarship for him, that does not mean we think he is a poor player and I believe it is unfair to say we have a serious misconception about athletes from Upstate New York. We are committed to evaluating all of the top talent in the area and trying to keep that talent at Syracuse. Could Joshua be a preferred walk-on for us – yes, I believe he could, but again I am not going to commit to that until we have all of the information we need on not only seniors coming out in the ’16 class but also all of the players on our current roster. As you mentioined we will keep Joshua in mind and will contact you with any pertinent information."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Honestly, I think these guys are continuing the same theme of under-valuing New York State players. How many players has this new team signed from NY? If you look to states like Texas, Florida, Arizona, California, etc. you will notice that most of the players are from within the state, regardless of their record. UCF was 0-12 last season. Many Texas teams were under 500 but 90% players are from Texas. SU has 15 players from Florida and only won 3 games per season the last two. Mainly because they got 15 players that no other D1 schools in Florida wanted. When is SU going to figure it out? I thought things would be different under Babers, but its not starting out that way!

That seems like a pretty fair email and it doesn't seem like they're under-valuing him at all...

The Florida kids have been some of our best and most explosive players on the team, definitely not the problem.

Still have not received a favorable response from the new SU coaching staff. Will verbally commit this week but I would like for it to be SU.
Has Colgate or UB shown interest?

Josh I love how hard you go for your son's football career. Unfortunately it sounds like he's just short of being a P5 player. Very few kids are good enough to get those offers but the good news is he's prob better off at a school where he can play.

I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes

Got this from Wittkie,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Got this from Wittkie,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I think it's pretty classy to respond. Seems to me there are two ways to go: accept a scholarship elsewhere or walk on at SU, prove them wrong and earn a scholarship.

Got this from Wittkie,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Josh weve talked about this in the past. Its very unfortunate. I was thinking the new staff might have gave Josh a chance. These guys have their own agenda when it comes to finding players for their scheme. I am frustrating to see not 1 NY commit this year. All we can hope is that they win with the players they believe in more. Josh will have a great career at another school. Let me know if I can help in anyway

Last edited:
Josh

I was recruited by JB for Basketball at SU. He was honest with me told me that i needed to go prep for a year to get stronger but that they had a spot for me the following year. I ended up going for free to a smaller school, got a great education and had a fantastic time. I was never going to make a living at basketball so im glad that i made the decision that i did. My two cents is to have your son pick a school that really wants him. A school that he will do well in and one that will prepare him for life after football.

These guys have their own agenda when it comes to finding players for their scheme.

I don't know if this came out like you wanted it to. But, why wouldn't they? If someone gave you $2.5M per year to turn around a losing program, how concerned would you be with a local recruit who only has FCS offers? (be proud of those FCS offers by the way, not everyone gets them, I'm not degrading them).

i think the kid should just take 1 of his other P5 offers and stick it to Syracuse. personally, i thought that was a great note from wittke, im surprised he took the time to do so. maybe because he was a NY kid, i dont know.

just my .02, but i want the best players possible on my team, not the best players from local schools.

Does he even have a UB offer? I'm not trying to be combative but at some point reality has to set in. I was a fringish D1 hockey player and struggled with the recruiting process as well. I was asked to play another year or two of juniors by several schools.

If he wants it badly enough, go prep for a year, kick ass, and get your ship.

I just don't understand the disappointment with Syracuse in this thread (Riggins is a different story).

Got this from Wittkie,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Looks like your son is announcing his decision tomorrow, correct?

Congratulations for having options to continue higher education plus the change to play a high level of football. Good luck and you must be massively proud.

Josh,

I love your passion, and desire for your Son to play at Syracuse. Personally, I was hoping for Josh to get an offer because I see a very good football player based on his highlight film. With that said I also understand the point of view from the current coaching staff. I actually thought it was pretty classy that he took the time to respond, with a completely honest response. I really hope you don't hold a grudge, and are negative towards the staff with any future Rock recruits. I can understand your disappointment, and wish Joshua nothing but the best of luck in the future. With hard work who knows what happens next. If you can play the NFL will find you wherever you are. There is no hiding from the league, if that is your end desire. I hope you continue to support the program though.

Best of luck with everything.

That means he will be joining Earnest Edwards from Aquinas who just verballed there in the last week too. Congrats and best wishes on a great college career and beyond. I am sure Josh will represent the Rochester area and NYS football well.

Congrats to your son!! My middle daughter just earned partial schollies from 4 different schools for academics, I was over the moon ecstatic. It's about 80-90 G's I don't have to pay.

Congrats Josh. He's gonna tear it up there. Maine has alot of section V guys there. Micah Wright was their best receiver, Bruce Johnson was their best Lineman. Both Rochester guys. Jeff Ambrosie does a great job grabbing kids in our area. Cuse might want to consider hiring him in the future.

Jigga man definitely got two great players. He's done well taking over for Giufre in the area. He's another local guy doing well in the coaching world. He can flat out recruit and helps that he's got a lot of connections in New York. He was trying to get hired at SU in the past just hasn't worked out for him yet.

GREAT NEWS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Maine is a great program & Josh will beast out there!

Does he even have a UB offer? I'm not trying to be combative but at some point reality has to set in. I was a fringish D1 hockey player and struggled with the recruiting process as well. I was asked to play another year or two of juniors by several schools.

If he wants it badly enough, go prep for a year, kick ass, and get your ship.

I just don't understand the disappointment with Syracuse in this thread (Riggins is a different story).
I'm sorry for your misfortune and hard time. We had offers to UTEP, URI, Old D, Univ of Central Conn, Wagner, Rutgers and Umass wanted him for CB...I wanted SU. Don't get confused! I love SU and felt the team could benefit from his talent. It's better to be informed then you won't need to be combative. Where have you been the last two years?

I'm sorry for your misfortune and hard time. We had offers to UTEP, URI, Old D, Univ of Central Conn, Wagner, Rutgers and Umass wanted him for CB...I wanted SU. Don't get confused! I love SU and felt the team could benefit from his talent. It's better to be informed then you won't need to be combative. Where have you been the last two years?
Mack was the most dynamic RB in the state of NY the past 2 years and was voted the No.2 athlete in Section V, next to Jake Zimbec. Where was Riggins in this mix? Riggins is a decent athlete but you don't know football if you feel he is a different story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom