RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt

Honestly would take him back in a heartbeat. People focus on the fumble he had but he was strong on specials, was not flashy at RB but was solid in backup and best RB at blitz pickup when asked to block and was seemingly a positive in the locker room. He may want more opportunity but if he was willing to come back there is no downside. I wonder if our new Special Teams coach ever tried to reach out?

Always thought of him more in the slot. Like a poor man’s Erv Philips

Honestly would take him back in a heartbeat. People focus on the fumble he had but he was strong on specials, was not flashy at RB but was solid in backup and best RB at blitz pickup when asked to block and was seemingly a positive in the locker room. He may want more opportunity but if he was willing to come back there is no downside. I wonder if our new Special Teams coach ever tried to reach out?
Running back is one of the positions where you better have at least 3 or 4 viable options, kids get injured and that is a spot where the injuries can come in bunches. IMO he was a very useful reserve ans from all the accounts I read a good special teams contributor

Running back is one of the positions where you better have at least 3 or 4 viable options, kids get injured and that is a spot where the injuries can come in bunches. IMO he was a very useful reserve ans from all the accounts I read a good special teams contributor

So - NOBODY understood what I posted then?

Clearly he wasn't happy 'just' being a ST's ace.
Or he wouldn't have entered the portal.

Now, since time has gone by, and he realizes that maybe he's not going to be able to fulfill his RB1 dreams elsewhere, that he'd be willing to return to Cuse and keep on being a ST stud for us?

I have no doubt he'd be very much welcomed back - dude was ST CAPTAIN.
It's all a function of what he wants out of his last season, and if ST's and spot duty as backup RB is 'enough'.

it will be interesting to see how much he gets to run the ball.. If he gets some carry load thats great for him.

Good landing spot for him, was selfishly hoping he'd return here. Can always tell people he played SEC ball now.

Good landing spot for him, was selfishly hoping he'd return here. Can always tell people he played SEC ball now.
Better yet, he'll have a graduate degree from the best academic institution in the SEC. Good for him. I hope he makes some big plays for them. My grand niece goes there. They have a policy of charging tuition based on the lowest cost state school in your state.

Better yet, he'll have a graduate degree from the best academic institution in the SEC. Good for him. I hope he makes some big plays for them. My grand niece goes there. They have a policy of charging tuition based on the lowest cost state school in your state.
I don’t see that tuition policy listed on line.
In state and out of state tuition is the same though.

I don’t see that tuition policy listed on line.
In state and out of state tuition is the same though.
I know that is what my grand niece pays. It is probably some sort of scholarship program. Sorry to mislead you.

I know that is what my grand niece pays. It is probably some sort of scholarship program. Sorry to mislead you.
No problem, that’s probably what it is. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom