Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

i
Seems that the offer coincided with Deltron Sands coming off the board.

i was thinking more with fredericks wanting to wait it out.

i know sands said he wants to commit to maryland, but there is something else there. it might get a little interesting before he officially commits

I just hope were able to land a big time back in this class. I like Ozigbo, but if the staff likes fredericks, i trust their assessment

I just hope were able to land a big time back in this class. I like Ozigbo, but if the staff likes fredericks, i trust their assessment

I'm thinking we take 3. Any combination of Perkins, Fredericks, Ozigbo, or Sands works for me. Plus Fredericks and Perkins are versatile. Either one of them can be moved to safety so I wouldn't be surprised if we took 4 if we landed both Perkins and Frdericks. Would love to see a kid like Johnathan Forrest earn an offer at camp. Basically said more or less that there would be a chance of an on the spot commitment.

I think we may have a diamond in the rough with Perkins. The kid looks strong with break away speed, even if the competition was a little weak. I think if we pull Ozigbo too, IMO they could complement each other like a Delon Carter/Curtis Brinkley backfield.

How do I know our chances of signing ozigbo would be better if we got seriously involved earlier? It seems like a fairly logical argument to make, the more time you have to craft a relationship with a kid, the better your chances.

Obviously everything you said is true about having to decide how much resources to allocate for one kid. But it seems that we have made the decision at this point that we are interested, hence the formal offer to Devine. Since it appears we are officially interested, i seems logical that the earlier we made up our mind to be interested, the better our chances would be. Just have to hope that Devine still has us in the running, despite wanting to commit early (ish) in the process.
I mean, it appears that we've vaulted into his top schools so it doesn't look like our offer being late matters at all.

I mean, it appears that we've vaulted into his top schools so it doesn't look like our offer being late matters at all.
Is that just speculation, inside info, or did he tweet something that says we're on top?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I never said we weren't in play, or that our chances were slim. Just that whatever our chances are currently (even if they are 98% which is kind of unlikely at this moment I would think) they couldn't be worse, and quite likely would be much improved if we offered him 6 months ago and began building a relationship then.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I never said we weren't in play, or that our chances were slim. Just that whatever our chances are currently (even if they are 98% which is kind of unlikely at this moment I would think) they couldn't be worse, and quite likely would be much improved if we offered him 6 months ago and began building a relationship then.

And any chances with guys they've had higher on their "board" could have been damaged. I'm all for questioning the powers that be - but in this case, I'm not sure there's enough info either way.

And any chances with guys they've had higher on their "board" could have been damaged. I'm all for questioning the powers that be - but in this case, I'm not sure there's enough info either way.
Im not talking about any other prospects, just purely our chances at landing Ozigbo.

If we wanted Ozigbo, we needed to offer.
We decided at some point we want him thus we offered.

The sooner an offer is made, the sooner a relationship can be built between player and staff

Thus if we had made an offer sooner come NSD we would likely have been able to build a stronger more meaningful relationship with Ozigbo. Which would theoretically improve our chances of landing him.

Thats all I am saying, all I ever was trying to say. there is no questioning of the powers that be in this in any way.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up in the rankings (not like the matter) towards the end of his Sr. season.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up in the rankings (not like the matter) towards the end of his Sr. season.

there really aren't many drastic changes once the post camp ratings are done with 4 stars and under. most of the services put a great deal of stock into how they perform in person at their camps. unless they specifically go out to watch a game, or the kid starts to land a bunch of big time offers they typically don't bounce around too much after their initial grading.

what do we have here

Devine Ozigbo ‏@DevineOzigbo22 1m
12th offer just came in, Syracuse!
1f499.png
1f34a.png
#CUSE #GoOrange

1000x Like this post been waiting for it every time his name moves to the top of the message board. AWESOME! Would love to see him in ORANGE!

Exactly, at the end of the day, it comes down to offering and somebody wanting to accept, he will be recruited, probably visit and will make a decision that is best for him. even if we offered a year ago all the other offers would be there now as well. In addition, at the end of the day the school, the staff, the program, facilities will present themselves and he will know what it entails to accept a scholarship with Syracuse and he will make a decision. All the other programs will make their pitches as well and at the end of the day he will decide. It will have nothing to do with when we offered, IMO. Also, we have no idea how high he is on our list so trying to speculate is kind of crazy, IMO.

Whether you prefer to agree or not, there are some people who will always give preference to the first people to show their belief in a player by making an offer. Lower level schools often try to be the first one in the door, in the hopes that it will give them an edge. It doesn't always work, but sometimes, for some kids, it does make a difference. It is not necessarily a bad methodology. I believe that is the concept that was trying to be described above.

Without knowing Mr. Ozigbo personally, there is no way to tell whether he would be influenced in that manner. I just hope he truly makes the best decision for himself, and feel that at SU he would find a straight shooter for a coach, a family atmosphere, and fans whole would support him during his entire time on the hill, plus many years after.

The sooner an offer is made, the sooner a relationship can be built between player and staff.

That's not true at all. You can develop a relationship with a player without offering him. The big boy schools do it all the time.

Whether you prefer to agree or not, there are some people who will always give preference to the first people to show their belief in a player by making an offer. Lower level schools often try to be the first one in the door, in the hopes that it will give them an edge. It doesn't always work, but sometimes, for some kids, it does make a difference. It is not necessarily a bad methodology. I believe that is the concept that was trying to be described above.

Without knowing Mr. Ozigbo personally, there is no way to tell whether he would be influenced in that manner. I just hope he truly makes the best decision for himself, and feel that at SU he would find a straight shooter for a coach, a family atmosphere, and fans whole would support him during his entire time on the hill, plus many years after.

ie Zaire Franklin..

.like you said not all, but there are some. plus there are those rare kids that once they recruit they actually hold up to their word and completely shut down the process.

Exactly, at the end of the day, it comes down to offering and somebody wanting to accept, he will be recruited, probably visit and will make a decision that is best for him. even if we offered a year ago all the other offers would be there now as well. In addition, at the end of the day the school, the staff, the program, facilities will present themselves and he will know what it entails to accept a scholarship with Syracuse and he will make a decision. All the other programs will make their pitches as well and at the end of the day he will decide. It will have nothing to do with when we offered, IMO. Also, we have no idea how high he is on our list so trying to speculate is kind of crazy, IMO.

I don't necessarily agree. I think timing means something. Wasn't one of our recruits last season given a last minute offer from an SEC school and he basically said LOL or something the like? So much so if a supposed dream school gives an offer last minute.

If we offered earlier, then it's possible he would already be committed which could mean that other schools would back away from offering. So I don't necessarily agree where you state "all the other offers would be there now as well."

I don't necessarily agree. I think timing means something. Wasn't one of our recruits last season given a last minute offer from an SEC school and he basically said LOL or something the like? So much so if a supposed dream school gives an offer last minute.

If we offered earlier, then it's possible he would already be committed which could mean that other schools would back away from offering. So I don't necessarily agree where you state "all the other offers would be there now as well."

Again it's April of their junior years, not February of their senior year when we offered. Little context is always nice. Geeze.

And yes, schools always back off after a kid verbals elsewhere. What