Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

My local High School (Alamo Heights) once starred a QB trying to make the squad at SU. That has to be worth something. :p

BTW, Alamo Heights Football Stadium is nothing special. The best stadiums in TX are shared by a couple High Schools within a city. It is amazing you look at some small towns in the panhandle/plains area that play 6 man FB and some towns have stadiums holding 800-1000 folks.

The Best website for looking at pictures of stadiums
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/

Drew Allen's Old Stadium, 8400 seats just showing the home side.
847.jpg

Here's mine in Katy, TX. Was on ESPN 2-3 years ago. They will be building a second stadium across the street within 2 years.

518.jpg

Colgate Univ would love to have that stadium...let alone the one up in Allen. in Jekelish's post.

I used to live in Georgetown, TX and they have a gorgeous stadium that has a capacity over 10,000. It is used for state playoffs also and the video screen at the end zone is top of the line.

Might be a dum question but has contact been made with the coaching staff? Do they know these players are attending the game?

Probably depends on where you are in the town. I live in a town of about 35k people, and we have a 4A school (I'm north of Dallas). The high school football team is HUGE around here - they do have signs in yards a la Varsity Blues, though without pictures but still saying "(So and so, Bearcat football) lives here" but I think it's a lot bigger in other parts of the state. The town certainly doesn't shut down, though from what I understand it can get a little tough to get a ticket to a game.

But if you want to know how important high school football really is in Texas? Just check out Allen High School's stadium:

AW5P9645RTS11inch_original_crop_650x440.jpg

Now that's an artist's rendering, but it really does look just like that. It's absolutely insane. It's nicer than a lot of college stadiums.
I'm not surprised that this facility is off the charts amazing for the level of play. We all know that Texas high school football is a social center for these communities and its importance in their lives defies reason. Obviously paying for this kind of facility isn't a concern. No wonder getting kids out of Texas is like trying to take away the Alamo from their history. Look at this picture and try to figure out what is what and its purpose. bI am in awe.

Glad to hear he made the trip, how did he like campus and the game?

-
He had a fantastic time. Despite the game and the weather, the trip was great. He spent some time in Boston when he was younger so the weather didn't factor in negatively on his visit. Wished the Orange had played better, but the atmosphere in the Dome was very cool - at least early. All in all, Devine and the whole bunch of us had a great time. It was hard to head back to Dallas.

He had a fantastic time. Despite the game and the weather, the trip was great. He spent some time in Boston when he was younger so the weather didn't factor in negatively on his visit. Wished the Orange had played better, but the atmosphere in the Dome was very cool - at least early. All in all, Devine and the whole bunch of us had a great time. It was hard to head back to Dallas.
Good to hear. Has the coaching staff acknowledged him yet? Couldn't tell from the above comment about reaching out to the recruiting office a number of times.

He has not been contacted by anyone on the staff. The recruiting office did put tickets aside for him on Saturday.

That is pretty discouraging from our staff.

I'm in 128...did they have maroon shirts on?
No, my son had an orange t-shirt on, Devine and our other friend had the Nike navy blue Dri-Fit shirts with the oversized orange block S on the front.

Dallas,

Did Devine get to meet any coaches or players?